Twenty-one

You Got Spooked!

 


    21  bromance 

 

He tiredly loosened the tie around his neck, shrugging the blazer off his shoulder and letting it drop at his feet. He had made sure the door was locked before trudging after his safe haven, crawling on all fours, and then sank his cheek into his squashed pillow, yawning into it.

 

School had been nothing but plain cruel to him and without Namjoon to back him up during meetings and student activity events, he was forced to do everything himself. For unknown reasons, Jimin kept on making a disappearance whenever he tried to talk to him. Chanmi was getting more annoying. And...Jang Jumie, well, she was still Jang Jumie. On the bright side, Namjoon was finally able to remove his bandage and continued his days normally.

 

Yoongi was about to let the sandman take over his mind when a violent rapping from the door interrupted him, shattering the incoming dream that was about to cloud his head. With a disgruntled groan, he pulled a blanket over his head, trying to block out the knocking, knowing full well that his older brother was on the other side. "Shut up and leave me be, hyung!"

 

"No can do, kiddo!" The man yelled back, his knocking increasing deliberately, provoking Yoongi to the point of him throwing the nearest object to him at the door. Judging by the smashing sound of a million pieces, he guessed that he'd just destroyed his alarm clock. For the fifth time, that is.

 

"Yah! That's a new one, you ungrateful brat!"

 

"Too bad! Now let me sleep!"

 

Silence quickly followed after and just when he had the slightest doubt that Yongjun was finally out of his hair, the door clicked open and Yongjun's glorious face popped into the room, wriggling the key to his brother's room cheekily. "Hey, lil bro."

Yoongi moaned in misery, smothering himself with a pillow. "Kill me now."

 

"Now, now; let's not be rash," Yongjun promptly made himself comfortable on the writing desk, sitting with one leg crossed over other as he smirked fondly at the sight of his only brother under the heaps of blankets and pillows; one of his toe stuck out cutely in his direction. "Yah, don't ignore me," began the man, tugging on the said toe.

 

With a frustrated complaint, Yoongi furiously kicked his hand away; the mountains of blankets shuffled undecidedly as he moved under the layer of covers. "What the hell is it do you want?"

 

"Hey, it's your fault for staying up late," dismissed Yongjun with pursed lips.

 

Yoongi popped an eye to scowl angrily at the grinning man. "Anything else, smarty-pants?"

 

"Not really, just—Yongjun's eyes started to analyse the room before landing on a specific black coloured object hanging at the headboard of the single bed; an unreadable expression crossed his face before he smiled mischievously at Yoongi—enjoying every second annoying my sourpuss of a brother."

 

Yoongi in turn simply stared in thought at the man, in his head imagining all kinds of accidental death for his dear brother. "I'm not a sourpuss," he started monotonously.

 

"You're sure?" Yongjun had a faint smile on his face, elbows resting on both sides of his knees as he gave him a meaningful look, planning to play this mental game of tug war between them until the boy succumb to his will. Frustrated enough, Yoongi dragged himself out of his comfort zone and mirrored Yongjun's sitting position, facing him as he gave him his utmost attention, though, his contours looked nowhere near willing to do so. "For Christ sake, can you please just tell me what is it that you want?" he asked in a mocking polite tone.

 

Yongjun seemingly took no note of it and hummed thoughtfully, "Hmm...nope."

The younger slowly closed his eyes, his nose flaring. "I swear I will kill you in your sleep."

 

"As if," sighed Yongjun as he placed both hands at the back of his head, stretching and leaning against the wall, "You're too scared to disappoint our relatives."

A second too late, Yoongi scoffed. "Says who?"

 

"Says me," asserted Yongjun with an ambiguous tone, playfully sticking out his tongue. "Since when are you into students union business anyway? The Min Yoongi I knew didn't even give a sh*t about everything, and yet, here you are."

 

The boy was an expertise at concealing his feelings as nothing but a tense silence passed between the two siblings, their eyes maintained in an unofficial glaring competition, both waiting for the other to waiver from their own inner struggle. Then, Yoongi let out a very irritated scoff, eyes finally looking away, notifying Yongjun that he had lost. "I don't know what you're talking about," he grunted, obviously peeved that his older brother had seen through him.

 

Instead of acting as obnoxious as Yongjun usually did, he smiled gently, hand reaching out to ruffle Yoongi's hair. Yoongi didn't move away at his touch, involuntarily closing his eyes as he breathed calmly, shoulders relaxing at the silent gesture of comfort.

 

It was at these times that Yoongi would see him as the brother that he unknowingly looked up to. They might fight and quarrel over smallest things, but they still had each other's back.

 

"Nice hoodie," Yongjun suddenly gestured at an object behind him, and Yoongi swivelled to look at it. He couldn't say that he agree to Yongjun's remark. It was a plain black hoodie with the exception of a REBEL8 logo imprinted at the upper left side of the chest area, and yet again, he still kept it instead of handing it back to its owner.

 

"It's not mine," mused Yoongi, to which Yongjun responded with an ambiguous, small nod before he walked out of the room. Not a second had passed, and Yongjun's head popped right back in. "Oh, just to let you know. I let Chanmi into the house." And just like that, he disappeared.

 

There was a slight pause from Yoongi's part before he burst with a thunderous 'DIDN'T I TELL YOU TO NOT LET HER IN!'

 



She hurriedly stretched out her arm to close the window, trying not to get herself soaked from the rain that had been pouring since early afternoon. Her moral fibre was instantly proven in vain, as her already wet hairstrands plastered against her nape, cooling her warm skin.

 

On normal days, after her detention, she'd head straight home, partially from exhaustion after cleaning the whole classroom herself. But seeing the merciless thunderstorm that had yet showed signs of weakening, she doubted that she'd even survive through the travel without being blown to bits. Therefore she decided to head for the junior section of the building as she pulled a raincoat over herself, wondering whether a certain young friend with an eye-smile would be there.

 

The sound of a slammed door caught her attention, and Jangmi looked up to see a completely drenched Jimin at the doorway of her homeroom. Something was wrong by the way he seized her up and down with a panicked look. Since when did he become so scared around her?

 

"Noona!" In a blink of an eye, he was in front of her and grabbed her shoulders, practical dragging her towards the back of the room amidst the spluttering of protests coming from the girl. "There isn't much time! Something is chasing after me! We have to get away while we still can!" he reasoned, desperate for the girl to listen.

"What—Jimin!"

 

Jumie literally let out an ear-piercing scream when she no longer felt the ground underneath her feet. The next thing she knew, Jimin had scooped her up and swung her onto his shoulder with a hand on her waist to keep her from falling as he tried to sprint from whatever it was behind them.

 

"Jimin....not good..."

 

With blood rushing to her head, she was sure that her face was pale and suddenly felt as though something was crawling down with a hint of sour taste hitting her tongue. If Jimin isn't going to let her go any time soon, something extremely messy is going to happen.

 

"Is it gone? Noona—

 

His speech was cut off when he violently crashed into a hard but affirmatively living thing, flailing down along with Jumie soaring from his shoulder. They both fell down rather painfully, landing on an uneven surface, in a jumbled pile of limbs. A mixed of groans and miserable grunts resonated from the two teens, followed by an extremely angry swearing coming from someone underneath them.

 

"OW!"

 

"I think something break down here..."

 

"Mother sugar of my ancestors! GET OFF ME!"

 

Jumie's eyes widened, half shocked and paralysed when she found herself sitting on someone's back. More specifically Min Yoongi's back, by the sound of the raspy voice. She quickly scrambled to her feet as Yoongi squirmed under her weight, trying to get up.

 

Before he could see his assaulter in clear light, a thunder erupted above them and a flash of lightning struck somewhere near the building, momentarily deafening and blinding their senses at once before all the lights in the building flickered out, blanketing them in total darkness.

 

"Well," resonated a rather deep, male voice from somewhere on the ground. Jumie could almost see a glint of Namjoon's white-blond hair as the lightning struck again.

 

"Looks like we have to stay here for now."

 

 


     

 

 


                                                                                                                                                                                             eg *  

 

 


     

 

 


     author's note 

 

 

Before you guys kill me, I've to say thank you for sticking around till now. Honestly I've been going through quite a bittersweet situation at the moment so it's really hard to have the motivation to write something down.

On brighter note, I actually insert a few hints in this chap. Haha! Try to guess what are they. Oh! Thus, reveals the humane side of Yoongi, and not to mention the close bond between the two Min's.

Suga playing piano is a dream...Sigh..