Two

You Got Spooked!
2him 
 

Yoongi almost didn't recognize his friend with a new hairstyle. Namjoon certainly had a weird sense of taste as he kept dyeing and styling his hair in his definition of 'hip hop' way, and he had silver locks for hair this time. At times Yoongi wondered if he'd dye his hair until he become bald-headed.

 

An interesting image, Yoongi had to admit.

 

The shorter boy slumped against the locker besides Namjoon's, tilting his his head while staring impassively at his friend, not at all unfazed by the height difference between them. "Thank goodness we're allowed to dye our hair or you'll be shaving your head clean when Mr. Cho catches you."

 

Namjoon only grinned in response, quietly grabbing books and stationeries he needed for his class. He had a feeling that the older one was out for blood. Well, his blood, to be more specific.

 

Although Yoongi wasn't the type to get mad for a long time, the senior couldn't say that he wasn't tempted to slam the taller dude's forehead against his own locker to get back at him for the secret tickets arrangement but he finally decided against it, because there were witnesses around the hallway and he wouldn't want to get arrested for being an abusive student president. But still...it was a tempting thought.

 

"Care to explain about this so-called-booked tickets I heard from Jimin?" asked Yoongi with a quirked eyebrow.

 

Namjoon swung the metal compartment close, sighing as he turned to the two boys before him and glanced at Jimin, who was stucking his tongue out innocently, hiding behind Yoongi. "Brat." muttered Namjoon.

 

"This little brat is the one who convinced him to not to have your head," Jimin said in defence before hiding behind Yoongi again. Namjoon didn't have the chance to talk back, as Yoongi snapped a finger at him with his deadpanned look on and when he had it on, it meant business. Immediately the sophomore pulled out the three tickets, giving it to Yoongi. He needed his head intact after all.

 

Yoongi raised his eyebrows at the imprinted words on the paper. Sure enough, they looked familiar, as he'd seen the advertisements before. "All right, I don't see the reason of taking a break for one night." He finally said, giving them back to Namjoon.

 

His best friend only smiled in content, proud that his senior would at least give it a try.

 

"What?" Jimin exclaimed, looking incredulously between the two. "You guys are crazy to find haunted houses fun!"

 

"It's a mental hospital, for your information." Namjoon smirked at Jimin's reaction. He had expected that Jimin would chickened out as he was the scaredy cat between the trio and that was the part of the reason he chose that place. It was perfect.

 

"Scared, little Jimin-ie?" Yoongi wrapped an arm around Jimin's shoulder with a mocking pout, snuggling into his shoulder. Jimin made a ugly face at that and mumbled something similar to a curse word under his breath. "...Filthy, freaking bast—

 

"I'm sorry, what was that?"

 

"Bastion..." finished Jimin with a defeated air, causing the older boys around him to cackle, apparently finding pleasure at teasing the youngest boy. They both crowded around him, hugging and pinching his slightly chubby cheeks. Intended to provoke him even more, they purposely started complimenting him on his adorableness.

 

Which always worked like magic.

 

"I'm not scared, ok?" cried Jimin in exasperation. "In fact, the first person that screams will have to pay for dinner. And we all know how Yoongi-hyung is around free meals."

 

"Done," mused Yoongi, tilting his head to with an impish grin plastered on his face, completely ignoring the last statement.

 



A flock of girls passed by their table, pausing a bit to greet the two members of the student council. But there was mixture of different vibes from them as they looked at Namjoon in respect and a tint of admiration while at the same time avoiding Yoongi's eyes and mumbling petty greetings to the bored senior, which wasn't actually hard since he didn't bother to give them a look.

 

"Your skirt is too short," Yoongi suddenly cut them off without even sparing them a look. "Next time I catch you with that rag again, you'll be running around with only your ."

 

The girls gasped and held the one girl he was addressing to. Quickly they shuffled away from there but not before whispering out names at him. Their hands prodded the girl to move faster, not wanting to give the cruel school president the satisfaction of seeing her cry. One thing they learnt about Min Yoongi was that he wouldn't hold back even if he ended up with a crying girl, far more he'd became more heartless. That's how careless Yoongi was with people's feelings.

 

Namjoon said, "Hyung, that's just too harsh."

 

"I'm doing my job," Yoongi stated while shaking his lunch box to mix the contents up. "If they can't accept that then so be it."

 

Namjoon sighed as he ate his lunch in silence. He knew that talking to Yoongi about the way he treated people wouldn't change anything. He adored his friend's bluntness but not all people appreciated them as they mistook his remarks as insults. Well, they were insults but at least he wasn't afraid at being honest.

 

He was a good guy but people misunderstood him.

 

"Hiya, freak."

 

Yoongi raised his gaze at the table across from where he was seated. If there was something that could attract Min Yoongi's attention, that would be Lee Sanbyul. Sanbyul was one of the fews, who Yoongi'd gladly buried alive in some wilderness and left it as it was without a slight touch of guilt.

 

That kid loved nothing but to inflict pain on others, and he enjoyed every second of it. Sure, Yoongi didn't have the tendency to care for the weak, who bullies like Sanbyul would have their predator eyes set on but he didn't actually like the amount of cleanups he had to do after Sanbyul finished his business with them. Yes, to be precise, he didn't favor people like Sanbyul but he hated their victims more for being weak.

 

"Your place is getting famous these days. It's so expensive. Can't I get a ticket on your tab?" He leaned closer to peer behind the girl's curtain of black hair, and then he withdrew back, feeling a bit intimidated by the girl's blank eyes but he hid it well, laughing it off. "Oh, I'm so scared right now. The stare she gave me, it's like I'm seeing my life passes through my eyes."

 

Snickers escaped the crowd from his exaggerated acting and tone. The boy grinned, his eyes glinting maliciously, hinting that he just had a brilliant thought.

 

Apparently Namjoon saw it too. "Hey, don't you think we should step in? The guy is up to something." he asked Yoongi.

Yoongi shook his head, returning back to his lunch. "Chivalry isn't our thing, Namjoon. You think by helping a stupid girl out will stop people like Sanbyul? She didn't fight back so why should we?"

 

Then, Yoongi caught a flash of movement from Sanbyul from the corner of his eyes, and looked up. The girl was already drenched from head to toes; red liquid flowed through her hair, seeping redness into her uniform. It was a frightening sight but the school cafeteria was filled with roars of laughter; some already pointed fingers at the poor girl, catcalling at her.

 

"Red suits you, freak!" Sanbyul cackled. "Obviously blood is the best but tomato juice will have to do!"

 

Bored and disgusted at the play of events, Yoongi abruptly stood up, startling Sanbyul. Not even a second pass when the delinquent let out a smug smirk as they glanced at each other. Yoongi, however, gave him a disinterested look and brushed past him with Namjoon intensely glaring at the bully as he followed his best friend. Frozen in shock, Sanbyul didn't realize that his target, Jang Jumie had slipped away under his nose.

 



Jimin would let out a shrill scream if it weren't for his quick knuckles, which he instinctually stuffed into his mouth, ceasing a sound from it. He was minding his own business at the locker section, tidying his school needs in it when a bloody ghost hurried down his path. One look, she looked like she had bathed herself with blood. Second look and—a sniff, she was only covered in tomato juice.

 

The girl didn't acknowledge him as she headed for her locker, placing her lunchbox in it with a shaky hand. She dropped her hand weakly, breathing softly, as if she was about to cry.

 

Jimin felt a squeeze in his throat at the sight of the upset girl. He wasn't sure whether he was supposed to leave the creepy girl or go to her and–

offer her a shoulder to cry on? He looked down at his clean buttons up and quickly dismissed the thought. Whatever it was, he wasn't going to have as much as a smudge on his shirt.

 

Jimin edged closer and did a double take when the girl suddenly turned to look at him. She was even creepier when she had those dark lightless orbs on him; it's like she was crawling her way into his very soul. Jimin felt the hair on his nape stood at the description as it was too dark for Jimin's liking.

 

"Y-you have something on your face." Jimin held out a napkin as he stood as far as possible from her.

 

"Thanks." she mumbled, hesitantly taking the napkin. A smile made it's way to her lips, and it amazed him how a smile changed ones demeanour as she looked a tad bit approachable with it. "But I don't mind. I like tomatoes."

 

Jimin furrowed his eyebrows at her last statement. Well, isn't that random?

The bell chimed, signalling that the lunch break was over. They could hear the stampede of foots hitting the floor, heading for their way.

 

"Oh, it's time," the girl said, turning towards the staircase. She stopped halfway and sluggishly waved her hand at him. Jimin felt shivers ran down his spine again at the way she waved. "Bye."

 

And just like that, she disappeared without a word. he rubbed the shivers off his arms. "Is today Halloween or what?" Jimin asked himself, pressing fingers to his temples.

                                                                                                                                                                                         eg *  
 
 author's note 

Yup, BTS isn't kingka of the school in this one. They're just normal people with thoughts and haters.

Thank you for the feedback even though this is still new and all.

Edited 23.01.2016.