FOUR

[HIATUS] Are You Ready to Fall in Love Again ?

 

[Chapter 4]

 

[4 years later]

 

"Dara-shi !!", A soft voice calling her name tiredly. Dara turns around to meet with a little young woman who panting hardly.

 

"Yes?", she asks her politely.

 

"Ano... Uhmm, s-sorry I c-call you o-out l-loudly like that.. Sajangnim is requesting to meet you right now", the woman shutters as she tries to recollect herself.

 

"Right now ? But..", Dara answers confusedly. She had made a promise with TOP today, they'll have a lunch together despite of his busy schedules. And it makes Dara reluctant to go.

 

"Yes?.. Please follow me, Dara-shi ", the woman says as she gestures her to follow.

 

"I will go there in a minutes. Can you tell Sajangnim that I'll come later ? I need to do something first", Dara respond her politely.

 

"Eh ? Um.. Okay. I will go first Dara-shi", the woman excuses herself as she walks away. Dara sighs as she pulls out her phone from her bags.

 

"Dara-ah", Top greets her.

 

"Oppa !!", Dara says cheerfully.

 

"Hey! You sounds so happy ? Still in for our lunch right ?", Dara can hear him chuckles happily.

 

"O-oh oppa.. I'm really sorry, I can't have lunch with you..", Dara mutters sadly.

 

"Eh ? Why ??", TOP asks in shock.  

 

"Sajangnim have something to talk with me...", Dara says sadly.

 

"Really ?",

 

"Yea..",

 

"You're not sneaking out behind my back, right ?", TOP asks curiously.

 

"Ya Oppa! Why would I do that ?!", Dara says angrily.

 

"Hey hey, I'm just curious. You're always busy. Even busier than I am who is in a world tour with Bigbang. I just thought that you sneak out behind my back, you dated someone, and you didn’t tell me", TOP says, Dara can pictures her brother annoying pouts.

 

"Oppa, I can get busy too, you know. I'm a vocal trainer. So yeah, I've to train the trainee and do some stuff with the producer team. And please, you don't have to brag that world tour to me. I've jealous enough in these four years with you guys. Absolutely lucky boys", Dara says full of jealousy.

 

"Hahahaha, chincha ? Don't be jealous with us. You're amazing as you are. Just don't tire yourself to much, okay? I really hate to see you look like a zombie", TOP says worriedly.

 

"Neh oppa. And by the way, I didn't look like a zombie. You should look at the mirror sometimes", Dara giggles, "Oppa, I'm really sorry I have to go now, , I'll call you later neh.. Miss you".

 

Dara puts the phone back and walks towards her boss office.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Knock knock

 

"Come in, Dara", a tender voice comes from inside. Dara opens the door slowly and walks in near the man.

 

"Sit down", Yang Hyunsuk, her boss tell her.

 

"What do you want to talk with me, Sajangnim?", Dara asks him.

 

"Well, so straight forward are we ?", the man laughs loudly.

 

"Un.. I broke my promise with TOP-oppa just to come here.. Sajangnim, you know how hard it is to just meet up with him", Dara frowns, making the man laughs again.

 

"Ah my bad, sorry I request to meet you without any warning. Well, I really can't wait to tell you about this", Hyunsuk smiles.

 

"What is it?", Dara asks full with curiosity.

 

"You know, you have written many songs for this couple years. But none of them could take my heart. I want a song that could represent your feeling, Dara-ah. And you know ? I think I have one now, for you", the man smirks looking at Dara's wide eyes.

 

"What ? W-what do you m-mean?", Dara asks worriedly.

 

"Are you ready to be on stage again, Dara-ah ?", the man asks her with a grin. Dara can't help but gaping at his question. It’s been years, she is on rest. She can't bring herself to sing a happy song after all of the things happen back then. She was just too tired for all of that.

 

After her crying-on-stage-accident, the rumor about her being heartbroken were spreading. People started to ask about who made her that way. And of course, Dara couldn't answer that damn question. So, Sajangnim had made her to take a rest from the stage. And after such a long rest, Dara thinks that Sajangnim prefers her working behind the stage, being a producer or a vocal trainer. But now, he wants her to go on stage again ?

 

"W-what ?", she stutters. Her hand is gripping on her skirt tightly. Is he serious ?

 

"Oh you're stuttering. I really love to make you shaking, Dara-ah! Isn't this feel amazing ? After your long rest, you will come back with a boom!!!", he says happily as he gets up from his seat and walks towards Dara. Dara just stares at her sajangnim. What is he talking about ?

 

"B-boom??",

 

"Yeah, yeah, yeahh!! Oh you have to listen the song first", he goes back to his seat quickly. He looks out for something on his laptop and with a click his office surrounds by the song from his laptop.

 

"Listen", he whispers.

 

A guitar accoustic melodies can be heard, it's sound so beautiful but it brought such a painful feeling. Then a tender voice comes.

 

♬♬

       You and me, we made a vow
       For better or for worse
       I can't believe you let me down
       But the proof's in the way it hurts

                                                               ♬♬

 

The man sings so beautifully, his voice is so tender and full with soul. His voice really captivated Dara as she couldn't help to staring widely.

♬♬

       For months on end I've had my doubts

       Denying every tears

       I wish this would be over now

       But I know that I still need you here

                                                                    ♬♬
 

Without her knowing, tears have built up on her eyes. The lyrics really does magic on her heart. It's like all her painful memories rush back to her mind. All the wall that she built up to cover her are fall apart. And this song success to slice her scar again, she cries silently as she felt herself bleed again.

 

♬♬

       You say I'm crazy

       Cause you don't think I know what you've done

       But when you call me baby

       I know I'm not the only one

                                                    ♬♬
 

A tiny sobs comes out from her. All the painful memories that she tried to push away, all the things he'd done to her. She still remember it clearly. The pain, longing and the sadness are still there inside of her.

 

♬♬

       I have loved you for many years

       Maybe I am just not enough

       You've made me realize my deepest fear

       By lying and tearing us up

                                                 ♬♬

 

A bitter laugh escapes her lips. She throws her gaze to her boss who is eyeing her intensely. She fakes a smile. She can't let this man know that she is still as broken as before. But he success bringing her to shocked by a single tears falling on his cheeks. Then all is done, Dara sobs grew louder, as she clutch her painful chest. She can't handle it anymore. It's so hard to breath.

 

♬♬

       You say I'm crazy

       Cause you don't think I know what you've done

       But when you call me baby

       I know I'm not the only one

                                                        ♬♬
 

Then, silent crept between them as Dara tries to recollect herself. She takes long breath many time as she wipes away her tears. Sajangnim just sits there watching her.

 

"This song, the feeling, is your feeling right ?", he asks her calmly. Dara stares angrily at him, she tries so hard to not yell out at his face.

 

"S-Sajangnim… H-how could y-you want m-me to sing t-this kind of song ?!! You k-know I'm wrecked !!! You k-know it… How c-cruel", Dara sobs.

 

This song is so beautiful yet painful. She knows she couldn't bring herself to sing this song. She will cry, or maybe faint again. Sajangnim had knew her conditions, her past, but why he still wants her to sing this song.

 

"Dara. I just want you to sing with your soul, your heart, your pain, Dara. I want a sincerity Dara. Not some lies that you sing. This song suits you well. I really want you to stand up, and spreads your wings. I don't want you to stop just because of your pain", Hyunsuk explains as he stares straight to Dara's eyes.

 

"I c-can't.. I'll cry.. I-",

 

"I know you will. But this is, isn’t this song beautiful ?", Hyunsuk asks her. Dara answers him with a short nod.

 

"It's time for you to heal, Dara. Tell the world about your pain, so you'll feel better. You'll be okay and you can move on", Hyunsuk stares warmly at her, "Dara, I don't want you to give up everything. Okay ? Forgive, and set yourself free. I believe you can".

 

Dara looks into his eyes, never in her life she found Sajangnim look so determined. Another silent crept, until a soft whispers come from her lips.

 

"Okay, I'll sing",

 


 

HI  ANOTHER UPDATE :))

Hehehe, I made Yang Sajangnim a bit friendly (?)

Hope you like this update :)

Please leave comment, so I know what are you thinking.

Sneak peak: GD is on the next chapter. Please wait a bit more keke

LOVE YOU, HENGSHO~