SEVENTEEN

[HIATUS] Are You Ready to Fall in Love Again ?

 

[Chapter 17]

 

Dara is sitting nervously on Teddy's couch. Today is the last recording day for her album. Her album title is "Almost", with "Almost is never enough" as the title track. She is indeed relief. But something is bothering her for days. And she really don't know how to handle it.

 

"Oh Jiyong ! Come here, you should hear this out", Teddy's voice is making Dara out of her mind-battling. And here he is, the source of her sleepless night, untasty meal and most of all, her dark eye bag. Kwon Jiyong is here. Dara sighes. She really want to hide somewhere far away, she really don't want to meet him.

 

"Ah yes hyung", Jiyong timidly answers. He kept glancing at Dara who is sitting comfortably-by what Jiyong thought- on the couch. He sighs. They really need a talk soon.

 

"Dara come here", Teddy calls her. Dara walks closer to them reluctantly. Teddy is telling her about the song that they had to finish today. He's babbling about some tone that he really want and stuff. But Dara and Jiyong are not really listening to him. Every now and then, their eyes will meet and they will look away awkwardly.

 

"You got it ?", Teddy's voice once again bring them out of their deep thought. Dara gives Jiyong one last look before she turns away again. She's standing there unmoving, didn't really know how to answer Teddy's question.

 

"Uh.. Can you repeat once more hyung ?", Jiyong asks with an awkward grin, saving Dara's from Teddy's scold. They both sigh.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

"Oh God. You know what ?! You guys sound definitely good together !! You should do more duet together !!", Teddy exclaims happily as he give Dara and Jiyong a bear hug. He's grinning from ear to ear as they walk out of the studio.

 

"So. As all of the songs are ready now. We'll have meeting to make the promotion and MV making. Be prepare Dara", Teddy says as he pats her head like a child.

 

"Yes oppa..", Dara says shyly. She even don't know what thing is making her shy right now. Teddy's patting her head like he always did or some brown eyes that keep glancing at her. I want to go home.

 

"I'll give Chaerin a call later", Teddy says, "And Jiyong ! You'll help Dara with her promotion and MV making too right ?".

 

"Ah.. Yes.. If I needed", Jiyong answers.

 

"Of course you're needed ! I'll give you a call too okay", Teddy throws his arms around Jiyong's shoulder, "So are we out for a meal now ?".

 

"Actually I can't-", Dara whispers softly.

 

"Sorry hyung. Let's do it next time, I've something to talk with Dara", Jiyong glances at her, "You come with me".

 

“Ah.. I can’t… U-umm… C-chaerin’s down stair… I’m s-so sorry..”, Dara mutters quickly, “I-I’ll go first.. J-jiyong-shi.. Teddy oppa”.

 

Then she ran out not bothering to answer when Jiyong’s calling her name loudly.

 

 

I really don’t want to meet him.. It’s so embarrassing..


 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

 

“Good job Dara”, Taeyang pats Dara’s back softly. They’re done filming her MV for her title track. All people are coming to give her support. This made Dara who is trebly nervous just now feeling more relax. She wanders her eyes around the room. And there.. She spots him easily.

 

God.. Why is he here ?... I really don’t want to meet him.. W-what should I do.. W-what should I say??

 

“You’re not going to Jiyong ? He look so fascinated with this MV concept, you know. And he looked pretty nervous just now”, Taeyang laughs softly, “You’re the one who is going to make a comeback, but he’s the one who look extremely nervous.. That guy really”.

 

“H-he l-looked nervous ?”, Dara asks him carefully. She really didn’t want to get Taeyang suspect something was happening between them. More like, I did something so stupid that It really make me want to hide in a box. Die Dara Die.

 

“Neh”, Taeyang nods, “Oh you really missed out his pale face. He looked so nervous like this is his debut”.

 

 

Is he being nervous for me ? Is he ?... No ! Dara please, stop dreaming.. Just stop…

 

 

“Dara ?”, Taeyang calls her.

 

“Y-yes ?”, Dara answers right after, slightly shocked by him.

 

“Are you okay ?”, Taeyang asks her.

 

“A-ah.. I’m okay.. Why oppa ?”, Dara asks him as she wipes away her sweat.

 

“You seems so out of it.. Are you really okay ?” Taeyang asks her worriedly.

 

“A-ah… I’m okay oppa.. Last night, I can’t go to sleep.. Maybe I just need to rest for a bit.. Excuse me oppa”, Dara mutters as she walks away. She’s going to walk towards the makeup room, but she found him walking towards her. In flash, her cheeks grew red. Her eyes wandering around to find a good escape.

 

 

“You did great”, his voice comes lowly. Dara looks up to find him smiling at her.

 

“T-thanks Jiyong”, Dara mutters slowly.

 

"Uhm... Can we talk ?", Jiyong asks her shyly. He looks around as Dara too can't handle to look at him in the eyes.

 

"A-ah.. Uhm... I-I s-should-",

 

"Just for a bit", Jiyong cuts her stutters. She looks at his direction to find his warm brown eyes are looking at her face. In a flash, Her cheeks heat up. She looks away as her mind thinking how to get away from this.

 

"A-ah... Uhm.. W-what are w-we going to t-talk ?", Dara stutters as she glance at him.

 

"About us", he states. The word 'us' really success to make Dara frightened. What is it about us ? Does he want to tell me to get lost from his life ? W-what if.. h-he's going to say he hate me.. O-or simply just saying.. T-that there won't be us ? Oh God. Can you just make me disappear right now ? right here ?!

 

"U-uh... I don't k-know if I can..", Dara mutters as her brain started to make an escape plan. I don’t need a rejection. I definitely know the answer already ! God. Stupid Dara!! What have you done ?

 

"Do you have any schedule today ? I m-mean like photoshoot for your album or stuff ?", Jiyong asks.

 

"N-no.. We'll be working with the photoshoot the day after. B-but today I...", her eyes are wandering around, until she find Chaerin who -thank God- is looking at her. Without any doubt Dara gives her a signal. For couple seconds, Chaerin is just looking at her confusedly. But Dara keep throwing her a hard glare as if Chaerin will understand her that way.

 

 

"Dara-ah!!", Chaerin calls her without knowing what is Dara want from her.

 

"O-oh !! Chaerin-ah !!", Dara exclaims loudly making Jiyong steps back in shock.

 

 

"I'm so sorry Jiyong. I have made a promise with Chaerin. She said we're going to shop today. S-so maybe next time", Dara says as she take a step to leave him.

 

"But Dara...", Jiyong mutters sadly.

 

"I'm sorry.. I'm going first", Dara says as she walks towards Chaerin quickly. Dara takes Chaerin arms on hers and drag her towards the makeup room.

 

 

"Hey ! Why are you dragging me ?! A-and what's about that hard glare to give me just now ?! Are you-", Chaerin exclaims angrily.

 

"Just shut up Chae. And I'll give you everything you want", Dara grumbles as she locks the makeup room. The staff inside the room are looking at them curiously.

 

"E-everything I want ?", Chaerin spells it carefully as she looks at Dara with her eyes big open.

 

"Yes. Now just let me change and go with me later", Dara says as she walks to take her clothes from her codi.

 

"Okay", Chaerin says happily.

 

She surely will ask so many things from Dara. These past months had made Chaerin almost crazy. Almost ! She had almost forgotten how busy it was for a singer to make a comeback. And for Dara, her schedule are full for the rest months of these year. Chaerin is really going crazy to make it arranged well. She surely will do the best for Dara's new page of career.

 

"Hey Dara-ah..", Chaerin calls her.

 

 

"Neh ?",

 

"Why are you going to give me everything that I want ? What occasion is this ?", Chaeirn asks.

 

"Simply. Just because you save me today", Dara answers as she smiles widely.

 

"Save you from what ?", Chaerin really didn't understand what did she mean by saying that.

 

"From the biggest humiliation I will get", Dara mutters sadly.

 

"Humiliation ?",

 

"Yeah.. A stuff that I can't possibly say it to you here", Dara glares at her hardly, "Now, you just need to accompany me to this shop. And I'll give you everything okay? Lets Go!!!".

 

"You really weird today, do you know that ?", Chaerin mutters as she let Dara drag her aways from the site. Without Chaerin knowing, Dara sighes.

 

 

I really need to put myself together. I have to stop thinking about this stuff. I already know the answers.. Why bother to think about it. Relax Dara, relax. He will eventually forget that night. And everything will be like it used to.


You'll be fine.

 


 

Hi!!!!~ First update for todayyy !!

Please comment so I know what you think about these story !!~

HENGSHO!!