Chapter 21: Next Target [Part 2]

Phantom Crimes [DISCONTINUED]
Please log in to read the full chapter

As much Kyungsoo tried to sleep, he felt it was a long night. He kept shuffling his sleeping position to get comfortable, but his mind was thinking something else, and he couldn’t get off from it. He hated to think about it. It made him flustered badly.

 

Why?

 

Why?

 

It’s Jongdae’s fault. Wait, no. It’s Chanyeol’s fault for inviting him in the first place. If only the alcoholic drinks were not involved, the celebration wouldn’t end up like this. At this time when he needed Jongin the most, he was nowhere been found. Perhaps he was still shocked from the unexpected event. Kyungsoo tried to feel his presence, but no luck. He could only stare at the ceiling before he fought himself to get some sleep.

 

And it lasted for two hours.

 

 

“Kyungsoo.”

 

Kyungsoo rubbed his eyes. He disliked being sleep late.

 

“Kyungsoo.”

 

He ignored the call, and reached the cabinet to pick up the med kit.

 

“Kyungsoo. Please listen to me.”

 

He turned around, and glared at his stupid partner, who’s having slight hangover. He slammed a glass with water on the dining table, as it spilt a little before he did the same with the painkillers right next to it. Jongdae pressed his hand against his head and looked at Kyungsoo sadly. Then he swallowed down the pills, and drank the water greatly when Kyungsoo wasn’t looking.

 

“Kyungsoo, I’m sorry.”

 

“That was the stupidest thing you ever did to me in my life.”

 

“...I know.”

 

 “What. The. Hell. Kim Jongdae.”

 

“I’m really sorry! I lost control!”

 

Kyungsoo sighed heavily. Of course Jongdae was drunk, but it’s still stupid. His roommates were there too, but they didn’t dare to speak a word, especially when Kyungsoo is having a short temper. When Kyungsoo lifted up to look at them, Baekhyun already made his move to hide behind the taller friend.

 

“Chanyeol, you were responsible for this matter.”

 

“I didn’t do a thing!” Chanyeol wailed.

 

“You didn’t, but you bought beer.”

 

“It was his idea!” Chanyeol pointed to Baekhyun, and got a slap on the back in return. Kyungsoo shook his head in defeat.

 

“I can’t believe this. Remind me not going to join if this involves with you guys again.” He warned them.

 

“Aww, but more the merrier.”

 

“Do I need to repeat again?” And both of them shook their heads.

 

Kyungsoo gave them a look before cooking them for breakfast. He had no reason to be mad over the past. Although he still hated it the fact that Jongdae kissed him last night.

 

Okay, he’s not going to lie Jongdae was a good kisser.

 

...

 

Oh, god. Why he was thinking about Jongdae while he’s worried over Jongin? He let out a huge huff while ruffling his hair, which distracted his friends. He was busy thinking and cooking, not noticing Jongdae was standing right next to him.

 

“Um... Do you need help?”

 

It was so sudden which made Kyungsoo jumped to his feet and blushed. His eyes were wide, making Jongdae anxious about his action.

 

“I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to surprise you.”

 

“...I’m fine. Just sit down. I can handle this by myself.” Kyungsoo tried to fight the blush away as he calmed down, but froze again when Jongdae grabbed his wrist. He slowly took his attention to Jongdae, and thought if he wanted something from him. He began to think otherwise when Jongdae solemnly looking around.

 

He was looking for Jongin.

 

“Jongin wasn’t around since... Since what you did.” Kyungsoo answered lowly.

 

Jongdae immediately let out a low groan. “Gosh, I just wanted to apologize to him. It was all misunderstood.”

 

“You were not being yourself that time. Jongin will be back. I’ll let you know.”

 

Jongdae considered this before he nodded, and joined the rest at the dinner table. Kyungsoo took a look around to find Jongin once more, but still no luck. He closed his eyes for a moment, pleading for the angel to heed his words. When he felt the warm sensation, he knew Jongin has appeared. Right there, at the corner. Jongin threw a displeased look, pretty much not wanting to be called. Kyungsoo approached without seeing by his friends.

 

“How long you’re going to hide yourself from jealousy?”

 

[“Hyung, I’m not--“]

 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, and gave him ‘don’t lie to me’ look. Jongin let out a frustration huff, as he leaned heavier on the wall behind him.

 

[“I don’t like it one bit.”]

 

“He was drunk. Despite how stupid he was, he knew it’s an accident. He said he lost control, probably remembered what he was doing, but it wasn’t intentional.”

 

Jongin pouted a little.

 

“Jongin. If my word not convincing you enough, at least listen to what Jongdae has to say.” Kyungsoo pleaded.

 

Jongin glanced between his brother, and Kyungsoo, and then he nodded since he had no choice. Kyungsoo asked Jongin to meet him in his bedroom, before he finished the cooking. Once he prepared the breakfast, he dragged Jongdae into his bedroom. Chanyeol and Baekhyun didn’t question about it, since they knew they needed some privacy. As Kyungsoo closed the door with Jongdae on his grip, they confronted Jongin.

 

“Speak, both of you.” Kyungsoo started.

 

Jongdae seemed hesitating when Jongin didn’t look into his eyes, but he kept going. It was his fault in the first place.

 

“Jongin, I’m so sorry.”

 

[“You should be, hyung.”]

 

That hurts, but Kyungsoo didn’t disturb them.

 

“I... have no idea, how I ended bringing that up. It was all the alcohol.”

 

[“It was your brain did it. And then you asked for more. Did you realize what you’ve done? Although it’s just a game, you don’t have to--”] Jongin tried to find the right words, but he swallowed up. [“What you did to Kyungsoo-hyung wasn’t acceptable.”]

 

“I’m not in love with Kyungsoo!”

 

Kyungsoo blinked at Jongdae from the sudden outburst. Well, he didn’t expect Jongdae could say that and he swore he was blushing again right now. But in the other hand, he felt the rejection. Just yesterday, Jongdae did ‘confessed’ to him, and now he was giving up. The feelings are complex.

 

“What I said I mean it. He’s... He’s just my partner. Nothing more.” Jongdae forced not to look at Kyungsoo this time, before he decided to leave.

 

Kyungsoo watched him silently, and thought about how bad to be in Jongdae’s place. He lifted his head to see Jongin, and as he expected, the angel felt nothing but troubled.

 

“Don’t take this too personal, Jongin. He’ll forget it.” Jongin nodded sadly. “Are you still mad at him?”

 

That question took Jongin for a moment. He couldn’t find the right answer, since his mind was messy to think about it.

 

[“I... I don’t know, hyung. A part of me that I’m still mad about what he did, but I can’t be angry because it wasn’t his fault.”]

 

“You’re just upset. It was like, you dropped a bomb and you can’t really do anything with it.”

 

[“Are you upset too? Can you forget what he did to you?”]

 

Now this could be a problem for Kyungsoo. He had the smartest brain among the team, and his memory store almost everything he could remember. Whenever someone mentioned about a certain event, his mind will click right away. He could pray that no one ever remind him of what happened last night or never mention about it at all.

 

“I can try. It takes a while, but... I can try.” Kyungsoo saw Jongin’s painful smile. Jongin really wanted Kyungsoo to forget about it. It’s so much to ask for.

 

When Kyungsoo about to conclude everything and walked out of the room, Jongdae busted in suddenly, making both Kyungsoo and Jongin jumped. Kyungsoo couldn’t help to flush whenever he saw Jongdae stood close. He almost ignored the reason why Jongdae was in a hurry to find him and he grabbed his hand just to see Jongin.

 

“We have a problem.” Jongdae blurred out worriedly.

 

Kyungsoo snapped into reality, and Jongin looked at him curiously. As Jongdae watched them both, he didn’t wait to continue.

 

“I just got informed from the department. Poison’s Pub is currently in the state of preservation.”

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin darkened from the news. This

Please log in to read the full chapter