A Day Off

From Prince to Top Spy (Sequel to Undercover Princess)

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MedbkGzca8o&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL 

It was a Saturday and your parents gave you and Jonghyun the day off from training. You didn't want to skip training for the day but your parents had insisted on it. "You're still a young woman. You need to live life and have fun instead of staying inside all day and training till your drenched in sweat. You need to relax!" Your mom had said, smiling brightly at you.

You had just gotten out of the shower and your towel was tightly wrapped around your body. Walking over to the closet, you opened it and looked inside for an outfit to wear. You were about to grab a pair of sweatpants when your phone went off. You picked it up, seeing a text message from Jonghyun. Opening it, you scanned the message quickly. It said, 'Wear something cute today! Like a dress or skirt. And don't even try to wear sweatpants because we're going out on a date. Meet me out in front.'

Sighing, you threw your phone on your bed and walked back to your closet. You rifled through all your clothes and couldn't decide what could be classified as 'cute'. You also had only a few dresses and skirts that you kept from your time undercover as a princess. You mom had forced you to keep them even though you detested dresses and skirts.

Your phone beeped again with another text. 'Wear the sky blue dress with the spaghetti straps. -Jonghyun' You shook your head, an amused smile on your face. You found the dress he was talking about and slipped it on. You grabbed the pair of flats that went with the dress and slipped them on your feet.

After quickly grabbing your bag, you ran out the door. Even though you were disappointed about missing training, you were still eager to go out with Jonghyun. It had been a while since the two of you went on a date.

You dashed through the halls, waving to everyone that you passed by. Finally, you got to the front door and walked out. Jonghyun was standing there with his back facing you. Smiling, you snuck up behind him and threw your arms around his waist and rested your head on his back. He slightly jumped in surprise.

A smile lit up his face as he pulled you in front of him. He grinned when he saw that you had actually listened to him and wore a dress. He hugged you tightly. "You actually wore a dress." He said.

You crinkled your nose in distaste. "Yeah, but only for today." You replied, pouting slightly. Jonghyun's eyebrows raised. "Shim ____, did you just pout?" He asked incredulously.

Your eyes narrowed at him and your lips curled into a scowl. "No." You curtly replied. Jonghyun smiled brightly. "THE Shim ____ just pouted in front of me! This is incredible!" He shouted. You clamped your hand over his mouth. 

"Shut up! Don't yell it so loudly. It's embarrassing." You said, your cheeks were slightly red. Jonghyun grinned and leaned down. He kissed your forehead. "I'm sorry. Let's go on our date now." He said, holding out his hand. You grabbed it and the two of you started walking down the street.

You couldn't stop the butterflies fluttering around in your stomach. You were extremely excited about the date.

The first place the two of you went to was a small cafe. Jonghyun ordered two lattes and a chocolate chip muffin. He handed you a latte and took a bite out of the muffin while you continued walking down the street. "Here." He said, holding the muffin up to your lips. You took a small bite and smiled as you tasted the chocolate.

Jonghyun felt his heart doing flips when he saw your bright smile.  *Your smile is one of the things I love the most about you.*

For most of the day, the two of you walked around the town going inside random stores. Throughout the whole day, you and Jonghyun never let go of each others' hand.

While walking through a clothing store, you noticed some of the workers glancing at you and Jonghyun. Listening intently, you could hear them talking about you two.

"That guy is so cute!"

"I know, but it's too bad he's already taken."

"Yeah, although those two are a cute couple."

You beamed after hearing the compliment. Jonghyun was looking through a rack of clothes and you gazed at his face. *This handsome prince in front of me is mine.* Your heart felt light as you continued to stare at him.

Jonghyun turned his attention to you and caught you staring. Your eyes widened in surprise and you quickly looked away. "Am I that handsome?" He asked smugly. Your face started heating up and you didn't know what to say. *Why does he do this to me? He makes me feel so... I don't know! He just makes my heart accelerate as if I just ran a mile.*

Jonghyun leaned down and kissed you on the lips. He heard the workers squealing. "Oh my gosh! He kissed her! That's so sweet!"

After a few seconds he pulled away. "Let's go. We should stop distracting the workers with our cuteness." He said, grinning. You giggled and walked out of the shop.

"Where do you want to go now?" Jonghyun asked. You tapped your chin thoughtfully.

"Oh! I know where I want to go. Come on!" You exclaimed, dragging Jonghyun behind you. He chuckled, jogging as you tugged him along.

Ten minutes later, the two of you were at the park. You walked on the path and happily observed everything around you. "I love this park. I used to come here all the time when I was younger." You said.

Your eyes lit up when you saw an ice cream stand. Pointing at it, you jumped up and down like a child. "Let's get ice cream! I love the ice cream here."

Jonghyun's heart filled with joy. *I've never seen her act this way before. She seems so different from her usual tomboy self. I'm glad that I'm the only one who gets to see this side of her.* He walked over to the ice cream stand with you.

"I want a double scoop of chocolate please!" You said. The worker nodded and got your ice cream. "What about you, Jonghyun? What do you want?" You asked. Jonghyun looked at the different choices and pointed at the vanilla. "I'll have two scoops of vanilla." He said.

After paying for the ice cream, you cheerfully walked along the path, eating your ice cream. In a matter of minutes, your ice cream was finished. Jonghyun was almost done with his. You glanced at the cone in his hand. He noticed and held it up to you. "You wanna try some?" He asked.

You shook your head. "It's ok. I'm full from my ice cream. Oh! Let's go climb up that tree!" You shouted, pointing at a giant oak tree. You let go of Jonghyun's hand for the first time that day and quickly scrambled up the tree, sitting on one of the thick branches. Your legs dangled above the ground.

Jonghyun finished the rest of his ice cream and walked over to the tree. He tried to climb up but failed miserably. You couldn't help but laugh at his attempts. Frustrated, Jonghyun yelled and crossed his arms. "I can't do it! You can sit up there by yourself. I'm just gonna sit down here."

Giggling, you held out your hand. "I'll help you." Jonghyun looked up at your hand. He reached out for it and grabbed it. Holding on tightly, you pulled him up. His eyes widened in surprise. "How did you pull me up? Do you have super strength or something?!" He asked.

"Don't worry, if you continue training hard, you might become almost as strong as I am." You . His lips formed into a pout and you smiled. Tilting your face up, you kissed his pouting lips. His lips immediately responded to yours and he kissed back.

After the kiss, you rested your head on his shoulder. Your fingers were intertwined with his and your hands rested in between the two of you.

Neither of you said a word. The silence was comfortable and calming as the two of you watched the sun set on your perfect day off.