Chapter 18: Torn Between

The Billionaire's Girl

I don't care where. Paris, France, wherever. I think it's funny that each person has their own little universe, and plan to a tee.

I was deep down staring at him while he nurture the night sky above. I was waiting for him to spill out what he had to say about what it seems to be bugging him, maybe for a long time now. I want to know why, why he hates Chanyeol so much.

His lips gradually curve into smile as well his eyes lit up a sudden, "Look!"

There, it was a shooting star that came across the Eiffel Tower. It was indeed the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my whole life. Actually, I often gaze at my room's window and wishing for a shooting star, I did saw but it was plain enough to perceive.

I had wishes. Some came true and some did not. I've met Chanyeol, but I never thought we'll end up like this. Like it was just a dream that I have to meet him for a day.

Unlike here, right now, the Eiffel Tower had its perfect combination with the firing shooting star.

I was oblivious of the late night breeze that was giving me goosebumps just seconds ago. When Jungkook finally intertwined his fingers on mine. I was in a deep shock as I look at our hands holding each other.

"I rarely know girls who wishes upon a shooting star and believes fairy tales come true. But as I look upon your jittering eyes, I must say you're still a kid within." he said, while keeping his stare at me.

I couldn't help but not to notice our hands together for the second time around and the way he starts to stare at me just caught me off guard. Did he just said that I'm still a kid? Does it mean shooting stars are only for the young ones?

"I believe in the reality of growing up, the changes, hope, faith, knowledge and reality that there will always be a laughter, love, dreams, imagination. But the thought that you can't still be young at heart is what actually childish." I responded, not making look like a silly one. "So I hope for every shooting stars that passes by."

"I believe in shooting stars as well," he heaves a sigh, letting go off his gentle grip. "However, it isn't something I had to depend on when it comes to my future."

Right after his serious confrontation, he held his stare above, closing his eyes and started to take a second of silence. "Why do I even have a life like this? I just wanted to live a normal life."

Normal life. I never thought he had this way of thinking when all I knew he was such a douche bag like his brother Chanyeol. But deep down I know that these brothers had their own thought and a hunch in their minds.

I couldn't just foretell what he feels, does he regret having a life that many were actually been wishing for?

"For me, if things didn't go well or I wanted to achieve something impossible, I still hope for those shooting stars. It's proven, I had wished before that actually came true!" I said, snapping out an upcoming serious vibe.

I started to smile and atleast I could make him better. "Wishing for yourself to be happy, isn't that hard. I even ask for someone's happiness as well. Like my dad, even though he has to suffer a lot recently that he needs to have two jobs for the sake of our family. He did. And for that-- I still wish that he's still okay."

I started to frown on the thought of my dad, still he never contacts us. But I still hope that he's okay. I shook my head and started to keep my smile on Jungkook.

He was just looking at me intriguingly, I snapped him out as I cupped both of my hands on his face. "Cut it off, just make a wish!" I grin.

"How can I wishwhen there's no shooting stars anymore!" His brows twitched in confusion and I can't help but to laugh on his expression.

"It's, it's--" I flinched and looked at my arm watch. "It's 11:11! You can still wish! Come on!" I excitedly beam.

Moments passed, he followed what I've said as he closes his eyes. "So what did you wished for?" I asked.

"I wished for happiness." He said.

"Be specific," I choke. "You could be more specific by means of happiness."

"You know what they say, if you're going to tell others about what you've wished for, it won't certainly come true. So I won't tell,"  He peak his tongue out teasing me.

"Aww, that's so unfair!" I cried, pouting as I looked away.

"Ahn Hee," he calls me, touching my shoulder while having a small laugh. "You really are a kid at heart huh?"

"Don't talk to me, okay? I told you what my wishes were, but you didn't." I rolled my eyes, not letting him to touch my shoulder.

"Yah," He's still laughing like an idiot. "Okay, I'll tell you my wish in one condition."

Ofcourse. I should've expected that one. There is no way Jungkook would do something nice for me just out of the kindness of his heart.

"I don't need your conditions or bribe or what anything you call just to fool me again."

"No, I'm serious-- I'll tell you what did I wished for and 'that' thing you asked me before." he said seriously and that I looked back at him wondering if is he's serious about it. So he didn't actually forget about that?

My curiosity just clinched a deal or should I say bribe. In one condition that I couldn't think of what is it because he wouldn't just tell me. Hours passed of forcing him to spill it out but he keeps on dishing me out a different topic.

I was again, oblivious that I had too much drink for tonight when I stood up.

"You sure you don't want me to accompany you back?" he called after, I was facing my back on him ready to leave.

I faced him back and nodded. "I'll be fine, duhh we're just a floor away. I'm sleepy, thanks for the time." I grin, snapping my innerself.

"Wait," he calls out, but I ignored him and rushed away out of his room. I must not pass out infront of him, he might think of me very strange that I'm so frail when it comes to drinking.

Damn it, I've just drank 4 glasses of red wine. I know, I know. It's not even strong but I can get wasted easily and I never drunk-drinking with someone else when it's not my brother, Sehun.

Oh yeah, I've been tied up with him as ever. And speaking of which, I think he's freaking mad right now that I haven't told him about this, leaving for Paris. Which I too, was oblivious.

"How weak I am," I heave a sigh, pinching my cheeks hoping to snap myself out from the tinges of alcohol inside me. I began to walk along the hallway slowly and catching the sight of the elevator along the left corner.

I pin down the button, feeling a bit too odd about myself. My head's becoming hefty and I wanted to hurl. Oh my God, this had to be one of the most awkward situation when someone I know sees me being stupid and wasted just because of a ing red wine. Mean it, a red wine. I myself too, found it very hilarious.

The elevator door clings open. ", I was looking down and hardly can't focus enough of myself. And more so I couldn't--

Next Morning.

The next morning I was woken up not because of my alarm, but because of the bright morning light that seemed to be so annoyingly streaming through the window.

I squint my eyes, coping up with a slight headache I was having. Hangover. I let out a loud groaning noise before rolling onto my side. My eyes blinked several times and widen in shock which meant only one thing.

I'm not in my hotel room. Where the hell am I?!

I quickly checked myself under the sheets and found out that I was dressed up in a man's oversized shirt and loose pajamas. Where's my dress? Who-- who dressed me up? Did I lost my ity to a random guy?!

I panicked and stuttered with my thoughts. I leap out the bed immediately and rushed to where my feet had took me.

And there, my jaw literally dropped to whom I saw thinking it was just a mere trick of the eye. "Chanyeol?" I stutter. Oh come on, I must be dreaming 'again'. Oh lucky soul, finally I've dreamed of him again. Gotta get this dreaming be pushed through!

"Oh, you're awake." His voice was so gentle while having a cup of coffee and bread.

"Ofcourse honey, did I woke up very late? I'm sorry if I hadn't made you breakfast this very fine morning." I greeted and felt apologetic. I sat on to the other table towards him as he looked at me twitching his eyebrows. "What's going on honey? Are you okay?"

"You mean, are you okay?! Crazy! Get lost!"

I was snapped out and back into my real life senses when I felt a smudge of a piece of bread inside my mouth. I blinked several times again and slapped my face for the truth.

And there it was, Park Chanyeol, looking at me like a was a total freak or something. "Oh he-heeyy--" I wheezed and felt the whole universe is going to eat me alive.

it! What have I done! I-- I thought it was just another typical dream about him. And now-- this dream just turned out into a reality. I feel like I was totally murdered by my overly desiring thoughts of him.

"Hey yourself," He scoff. "You were really drunk last night huh?"

"M-me?" I doubtedly pointed myself.

"Who do you think I'm talking to? Is there someone here with us?" He smirked as he sips his coffee.

"Ofcourse it was me," I grin, noddingly in embarrassment as I looked down. I started to bit my lip and I'm already digging myself a hole for me to die there.

"Tss--" He hissed. "At first I never thought that you're actually here, who's with you then?"

"I was with my friends," I mumbled and looked at the pancake with maple syrup infront of me.

"Don't stare at it, eat it." He said in an authoritarian tone. He leaned his back on the chair, crossed his legs and kept his alluring stare on mine.

"O-okay," I stuttered, trying to hide the panic from my voice and positioned myself to eat. My whole body were shaking, not because I finally had another chance to talk and be with him, but another way of meeting him stupidly. I'm shy, I was embarrassed and I'm totally scared of him again.

"You know the world isn't what you think it is," Chanyeol began talking again while I took a single bite on the pancake. "Your ing friends just let you off like that? Aren't you aware if a stranger took advantage on you while you were so oblivious about it?! What if I were that stranger huh?" His voice became frightful as ever.

My eyes started to water immediately as everything he had said was extremely right. I was so oblivious last night and never in my thought that he'll be the one who've saved me from passing out due to being wasted.

"I'm-- I'm not angry at you, Ahn Hee." He leaned over to touch my face and this time he became so gentle as ever. "It's just that, you could've been in trouble because of what you did last night."

I moved away. "Ne, you're right." I mumbled as I dry my eyes with my hands. "Don't worry, I won't do that again." Feeling guilty as , I looked at him with a sincere smile on my face. "Thank you, Mr. Park Chanyeol."

"Ahn Hee," he mouthed weakly. "I was just-- worried."

I gulped right after the last word. Am I hearing it right? Was he really worried about me? My eyes sparkled as well as my lips wanted to curl up. But then the beet red blush over my face can't be controlled.

He looked away right after that and walked towards the fridge. Letting out a box of milk, passing it out quickly to me. Luckily, I've caught it quick. "For hangover," He said languishly as he saunter his way to the comfort room.

There, I was left half dumbfounded and half beet red blushing stupidly. It pretty seemed that I was smiling and I couldn't just hide it.

Awhile ago, I thought I'll be buried alive because of my combos of stupidity but now, everything's unexpected. He was worried about me.

I was in the midst of finishing my pancakes when Chanyeol went back and sat infront of me. I find it too awkward to see him again, but my fluttering face takes over alot.

"Ahn Hee," He said and I look up into him. "Can I ask you something?"

"Okay, sure, what is it?" I talked while shoving the pancakes into mouth. And there, I wasn't aware that I opened my mouth and giving him a clear view of its contents.

"First of all, that is so gross. Please close your mouth. And second, you made me remember to teach you a lesson about manners. Not only about the proper manners but I think I have to teach you about the manner of etiquette." he smirked.

"Did you just-- remembered it?" I was in bewilder, looking at him.

"Ofcourse, why would I? You were the only one who've disrespected me. How come I will ever forget you?" he smirked again as he stood up fixing his tie.

And again, I want to face palm myself. Damn it, I must have looked unpleasing and unwanted right now. And did he just remembered the day I disrespected him? Oh God. Bury me alive please.

"Okay okay, I told you, I'm sorry-- how many times should I tell you that?" I raised my hands in defeat.

"Not yet," He chuckled as he saunters his way infront of the door. "Before that, make sure to see me on Saturday. I'll pick you up." he said not even looking at me. "I need to go, see you back in Korea."

And there he goes, he ended as he went out of his hotel room leaving me in a stagger phase.

Woah woah, wait! Did he just said that we're going out on Saturday? He didn't even asked me whether if I'll say yes or no.

But-- how about Jungkook? It's it's-- on Saturday as well.

  ღღღ  

A/N : long time no update again! how are you guys! how's this chapter?! lol hahaha! this is dedicated for both kookhee and chanhee shippers! <3 :)) because i really really missed you guys.

thank you so much, please do vote and comment! love yah~

Love, Khai xx