Chapter 10: Examination Result

The Billionaire's Girl

Meanwhile. Chanyeol's POV.

I put Jongdae on hold when I flipped the second page. "Her dad was imprisoned?" My brows furrowed as I read even more. "But-"

"Yeah, that's right. And his family doesn't know about his situation at Busan." Jongdae saddens on the phone.

"How come he was imprisoned? How will he support his family? I just read that, that girl's mom is a florist at a market, then having three children, I think she wouldn't be able to support her children by her own?" 

I was troubled by the thought of it at the same time I feel so concern about this girl's family situation wherein she's not even aware of.

The truth is, when it comes to family matters my heart becomes so fragile. It's not that I pity her for this kind of situation, but she haven't seen her father for 4 years already.

And now that his father was imprisoned for months without letting his family know about his sudden situation, I can't help but to worry.

"Woah-" Jongdae sniffs on the phone. "I smell concern huh?" Then he suppress a giggle.

I smirked. "Okay, I pity her Jongdae. But-"

"Hey dude, why won't you hire her as your secretary? You know, she qualifies on that kind of position. She's beautiful, smart, y—"

"Will you shut up scumbag?" I exclaimed. I just remembered that day, the first time I met her in my building, and she was such a disrespectful girl though. "I don't need another headache Jongdae,"

"Tss, if you want I'll hire her then? I'll bring her to my hospital at Cali," He laughs.

"No," Just when I knew I exclaimed. "I mean, ofcourse she won't go with you. She wouldn't leave her studies here and also her family. Are you stupid? Do you even think?" I scratched my nape.

He was just laughing. "Okay, okay, so what's the plan then? What are we going to do now? We should help her you know—"

I was in a deep thought. Thinking if I should help her or not. But my conscience was pushing me way too far from the limit. "I know,"

Next Day. Morning. Hallway. Joon-Ho Park Uni. Ahn Hee's POV.

Yesterday was such a creepy day for me. After having Yixing, Luhan and the rest of the Formosus Elites except for Jungkook though, who stood up before me, everyone treated me like I'm one of them. Every time I get to pass by the other students, they were nodding down their heads and I've been receiving a lot of acknowledgements from them.

I just can't help but to feel edgy about it. I never wanted to be like this. I wanted to live a normal life.

I sulked a deep sigh as I entered the entrance of the school. This is it, this day would be the judgment day between me and Jungkook.

Sauntering on the hallway, everyone was gathered around the huge screen monitor on the center of the hallway. Wherein the results from yesterday's examination will be flashed on screen.

Everyone was waiting, I was at the back part of them as I closed my eyes and grip hugging tightly the books I was holding. "Here it goes,"

At the strike of seven in the morning, the monitor flashed the results. Everyone became rowdy and noisy as everyone's gaze were at the screen. Some were jumping out of joy and mostly were disappointed.

My eyes left staring at the monitor, my jaw dropped in an instance. I never thought that—

I lost.

I was at the top 2 and still Jungkook is unbeatable. "How come—" My voice went shaky.

Just when I knew he garnered 98.9 of the total average and I was only 98.8. It was so close. My life is officially over.

There were some who was pointing their fingers at me, murmuring. And that made everyone's eyes on me now. I lowered my head as I bit my lip. I turned my way as I needed to go, but before I could even took a single step away, I bumped my head onto someone's chest.

"And where do you think you're going, Miss?"

I gradually lift my head to hear a familiar voice, it was Jungkook as he suppress a smirk on his face.

"Kyaaa—The top 1 and top 2 of our school!"

"I think Jungkook will congratulate her!"

"That would be the first time you know, Jungkook isn't a humble guy."

"They look good!"

I gulped and avoided his look. "I'm going to class,"

"Oopsy," He reacted as shook his head. "But, haven't you remember the—"

He trailed off when I stomped on his foot eagerly and I quickly ran away from him as fast as I could. He hummed in pain, I can say. "Ouch—"

I ran along the other hallway and as soon as there were no people already, I stopped and gasp out of breath. Indeed, I don't want to strip infront of him. There's no way I'll be doing that. Not ever.

"Ahn Hee," A voice popped up behind. I turned to look at who was it, it was Mr. Junmyeon. "Congratulations!"

"Oh," I flinched in place as I looked at my back then on my side. Wondering if Jungkook might have followed me. "Uh, yeah, thanks Mr. Junmyeon," I nodded in respect.

He smiled at me as he even took a step closer to me. "Did you liked the cookies I gave you?"

What? So Mr. Junmyeon was the one who gave me the cookies? But why? "Uh," I whined. "Yes, but I never thought that it would be you Mr. Junmyeon. Why?"

He shyly smiled at me. "You see, how will I say it, uhmm—" Then he cupped both of my cheeks as he looked from his left and right, front and back. "Nothing, I just wanted to start your day sweet."

I was left dumbfounded, why does he have to do that? I bit my lip and I didn't responded back.

"Anyway Ahn Hee, come with me to the director's office, we have some important things to talk to." He patted my head as he took my books with me.

Meanwhile. Formosus Elite's Room. Jungkook's POV.

"I can't believe her!" I exclaimed as I threw the dart on the board as eager as it would get. How could she step foot on me and I was so humiliated infront of everyone. "She humiliated me and now she won't go along with the bet!"

"Chill dude," Tao tapped my back, but I avoided it and I was soon to punch him when Jimin halted us both.

"Hey Jungkook, come on dude, don't be so mad about it," Jimin as he stopped me.

Tao ruffles his hair and went back to sit on the couch. "You know what, you're just over reacting Jungkook. And besides, it's a bet come on? She agreed on that, so she'll strip infront of you whether she like it or not."

I rolled my eyes on him as Jimin unloosen himself away from me. I gulped as my wits are going to end. I threw myself on the couch, just when Kris and Jongin entered the room throwing their bags onto their chair.

"Heard the big news bro! Shall we celebrate it?" Kris beams conceitedly. "Drinks on me then,"

Kai cackles out as he took the cue stick and started to play onto the billiard pool. "Someone's going to strip eh? Can we join you Jungkook?"

"No way, I'm taking her solo." I uttered back and took out my phone as I scrolled down the campus news, it was all about me and that girl. "!" I threw my phone in exasperation. Then their heads pivot to look at me.

"Okay, I know," Jimin whined. "I saw it too—"

"Such an embarrassment dude, I will really let her strip infront of me!" I uttered in gritted. She's getting on my nerves now.

Just when Tao stood up from the couch and gaze onto the window. "But haven't you heard the biggest news?"

"What?!" I asked.

"Just wait—It'll be a surprise for you Jungkook." He cackles gently.

What surprise is that? I don't have time on this. "What the dude—" I trailed off when we were snapped out as there was a knock on the door.

As I looked at Tao, he pointed out his finger onto the door with a grin on his face.

I get so imitated and I don't think that would be the professor, since they always come in whenever they want. Our heads pivot as the door flew open, in my surprise it was Mr. Kim Junmyeon and— that girl?! What are they doing here?

"Mr. Junmyeon," Jongin nodded.

"Okay, since I know that all of you were aware of the result of the ranking this morning, the whole committee has come to a decision that Ms. Ahn Hee Yeon would be in your class from now on. It is because of the previous average she had and now she leaped up even more. She would be taking all your subjects as well." Mr. Junmyeon announced.

Okay? Everyone of us were left dumbfounded, I gulped and smiled as I heard the news. Well then, I could get my hands on her from now on. She couldn't run away from me.

"I just hope you'll take care of her boys," Mr. Junmyeon ended. That girl wouldn't even lift her head up. Maybe she never thought that she could run away from me.

"Ofcourse Mr. Junmyeon," I stood up from my couch as I gave them a welcoming smile on my face. Finally, I can get my revenge on this girl.

"Jungkook," Mr. Junmyeon looked at me as if he was going to peel me alive. "I'm watching you,"

I smirked. As if? Oh, no I'm scared. NOT. Then Jimin rushed towards that girl. "Ahn Hee yah, you can sit beside me."

"Okay Jimin, I'll leave Ahn Hee for now. You guys, don't you ever touch her. Arraseo?" As if he could scare us. He left the room and I was smiling all throughout.

Kris and Jongin came after her as the three of them were bugging her out. She sat onto the vacant seat beside Jimin. So that's the purpose why there was another chair inside of our room huh?

"Surprised eh?" Tao whispered as he nudge me on my elbow and went to join the others.

Yes, I am. Really, I am. "Hey hey hey," I whined as I came closer to them. "Well, welcome to you Ms. Ahn Hee Yeon!" I beamed teasingly.

She closed her eyes as if she was about to recharge her anger at me. "Whatever Jungkook, I'm not backing off the deal."

My eyes widened as I never thought she will still go upon our deal. I burst into laugh, "Well then, let's see each other tomorrow?"

"But Jungkook—" Jimin interfered again. He's such a scumbag to me, he's such a killjoy. Why won't he support me instead?

I looked at him as my eyes flamed, provoking him not to join in my game. While the corner of my eyes sees Kris, Jongin and Tao gulping their throats down. I mean it, when I get serious they immediately get scared of me.

When all of a sudden, she stood up from her chair as she left the room. "Tsk-" Jimin shooked his head and he followed her right away.

..

I didn't know with myself but I also followed her. As soon as I exited our room, not far away I can see that girl was crying already. Then Jimin rushed towards her as he comforted her.

I hid behind the wall as I never thought that I'll be eavesdropping on them.

"I didn't know why do I have to experience this things on them? At first, her brother and now him. They were never been different from each other." She sobs.

Jimin let out a hanky as he caresses that girl's back. "I know, I'm a friend of Jungkook. You can say that I'm different from how the others act, but hey I'm here, don't worry. As long as I'm here, I wouldn't let them harm you. I'll try to convince him. Okay? Stop crying anymore Ahn Hee-yah~ you're becoming ugly." He giggles.

Then that girl looked at Jimin as she suppressed a smile on her face. "Thank you, I never thought I'll be talking to you again with a hanky. Because the last time I had talked to you, you gave me back my hanky. Right?"

"Ne, because I'll be your shoulder to cry on." Jimin patted the girls head.

Tch stupid. Such a humorless guy. He thinks he's cheesy? NOT. How could he?

"Thank you, Jimin-ah~" She cooed as she wrapped her arms around Jimin with a smile on her face. Her puffy eyes made me bounce into conscience.

Seeing her like this makes my feelings going weird at the moment. Did I just made a girl cry again? Obviously, Jungkook. Come on, I've been used to this. Seeing a girl cry, even sobbing infront of me. I'm not affected.

But why, there's something wrong inside of me now. Why do I feel pity on her? Why do I feel like I'm drowning onto my own conscience?

Ahn Hee's House. Evening. Ahn Hee's POV.

I never thought that this day was the worst. First, I lost the place where I should be. Second, I lost the bet and I have to do it. Third, I'm part of the Formosus Elite's class and lastly I have to see Jungkook every day and I have to deal with his ty attitude.

But then I was lucky that there was this guy who was positively different from them. Never thought that Jimin would be a help. Atleast I wouldn't go along the day without someone, normal.

All I ever have to think now is the consequences of the stupid bet. I never thought I will just lose for a decimal count. What should I do? I have no choice but to strip infront of him. I'm doomed.

As I was lying on my bed, I can't keep those thoughts away from my head. Just when a knock on the door snapped me out.

"Sis—" Sehun opened the door slightly and entered my room sneakily. "Hey, I missed you. Why did you just transfer to that Formosus class?" He frowns as he sat on the bed beside me.

I sat up and curl myself as I frown back. "I didn't know either. They said that my average belongs to that class. And I have to learn additional subjects. Ugh,"

"Aww," He pouts as he caressed my back. "Don't worry, I'm still here though. We can still see each other everyday."

"Ne," My lips curved into smile as I pinched his cheeks. "I missed this cheeks you know!"

The both of us were playing around the bed. I really treated Sehun as my own brother as well as my best friend too. I myself also proclaim as his twin sister.

"Yahh-" Sehun pinched back, but this time he pinched my nose. "Stop it okay?" He giggles.

We halted as now the both of us went serious. He gasp as he looked at me back. "Anyway, I have something for you sis—"

As he let out a piece of black coated sparkling envelope from his back. "Tanan~" He beams as I was only staring at it.

Just when I knew, that black coated sparkling envelope has something in familiar. I took it as flipped the front phase of the envelope. In my surprise, the golden jotted initial of "SPA" made me widened my eyes even more. It was from the Swiss Perseus Airtel. Chanyeol's company.

"What is this thing doing in here?" I exclaimed as I can't believe.

"I don't know either, I just saw it at the mail box this afternoon. Luckily, aunt Seojin saw that first. She might get her wits end again," Sehun giggled. "Open it, I know you want it," He wiggles his brows.

I get so imitated, but I started to tear off the envelope and took the paper inside of it.

Good Day Ms. Ahn Hee Yeon, I am personally inviting you for a personal interview with me at my office tomorrow afternoon at six in the evening. Please be on time. I repeat, I am personally inviting you. I am looking forward to see you.

Sincerely, Park Chanyeol

Swiss Perseus Airtel

What did I just read now?! He's personally inviting me to his office? For what?!

Oh wait, about that weekend secretary?! Huh, there's no way I'm going to see him. He's no different with his brother Jungkook. But the thought of Chanyeol, my dream guy, I'll be seeing him again and he's personally inviting me sends shivers down to my spine. I never thought that I'm still not yet over him.

Wait, how about Jungkook. That would be tomorrow. I'm sure he'll cut my throat if I back off from that stupid bet.

Oh come on, I'm trapped between the two stupid brothers.