Chapter 11: Rejection

The Billionaire's Girl

I'm personally inviting you. Keeps on repeating on my mind as I'm also eager to see him again. But I just remembered those times I get the chance to be with him, it was the worst. It was worser than worst.

But this thing is once in a lifetime experience, not just because I wanted to have another job but also I could be with him. It's like I'm willing to take risk again no matter what. But why did he sent me a personal letter? What was that for? Is it only just for me? Or what?

As I was laying myself down on my bed, feeling the comfy sheets I remembered the days that I was so inlove with Park Chanyeol. I haven't met him personally before, but my aunt Minji keeps on telling things about him.

My aunt Minji was Chanyeol's nanny before, she's been with the Park Family already when Chanyeol was born. Since Chanyeol's parents were a business junkies, she was the one who took care and raised him until he reached Second Year College.

Until then, aunt Minji was getting too old, Chanyeol was so concerned about her health that's why she was sent to California for her treatment and the fact that Chanyeol bought her a rest house near the beach.

I never had any news about aunt Minji anymore, it was so sudden when she flew to California without saying my farewell to her. But I just hope that Chanyeol keeps on monitoring her and I just hope she's staying in a quite peaceful place and being well-cared by the caretakers.

But I never thought that Chanyeol became the worst when he grew up, aunt Minji told me that Chanyeol was a kind, humble and loving son. But what happens now? Aunt also told me about Chanyeol's younger brother which I never thought that it would be Jungkook, I never had an interest on him that's why I barely know that erted and stupid guy.

Next Day. Morning. Formosus Elite's Room. Ahn Hee's POV.

I hadn't had enough sleep last night, I kept on thinking about that bet and Chanyeol's sudden invitation. If I could just run away, I would.

As I entered the Formosus Elite's room, I noticed that everyone's not here yet. But I was caught off when a piece of sparkling silver paper bag was on top of my desk. "What's this?" I mumble as I looked back and started to open the paper bag.

Just when I knew, my eyes widened to what I saw— it's a lingerie.

But not just the ordinary y lingerie, it's the Diamond Fantasy Bra from Victoria's Secret worth a whopping 2.5 million dollars! And when I say "expensive," I mean the sort of lingerie where, if you have to check the price tag, you almost certainly cannot afford it.

And now it's infront of me? I've only seen this at the VS Fashion Show. "Is this really for me? Holy cow!" I exclaimed.

"You like it?" I even startled when Jungkook whispered alluring right exactly at my ear. "Be sure to wear that before you strip later," He winks as he amble his way to his chair.

I was left dumbfounded. So that was this thing for. For stripping purposes? You've got to be kidding me Jungkook.

..

I can't even rant things up, but I never thought that wearing that thing is part of the bet. Does he think that I'm a Victoria's Secret Angel? How ert is he!

As the management class started, I can't even focus enough. I never thought that I'll be studying management too, but I don't have any plans in running a business thing.

I was seated in the middle front and beside me was Jimin and Jongin. Then this eted guy is just at my back.

When all of a sudden, a piece of crumpled paper rolled underneath my chair. My brows twitch in annoyance, I know exactly who did it. I took the paper and looked infuriatingly at Jungkook but he just winked at me.

As I unravel the paper, an ugly handwritten bugs me.

I'm so excited to see everything of you my victoria's secret angel. ;) Don't you dare run away from me or else you'll have another punishment. ;)

My brows twitched in annoyance, I crumpled back the paper and looked at him. But you know what he did? He just gave me a flying a kiss and winked at me.

"Ms. Ahn Hee Yeon, so what can you say about profit and cash flow?" I was startled when the professor asked me.

How would I know that thing? That's not even my major plus I haven't read about it. I stood up like an idiot. Just when Jungkook speaks up.

"Profit does not equal cash flow. You can't just look at your profit and loss statement and get a grip on your cash flow. Many other financial figures feed into factoring your cash flow, including accounts receivable, inventory, accounts payable, capital expenditures, and debt service."

I sat down and felt lost. Again. How could this guy be so intelligent at the same time a full time ert?

Dismissal Time. Five Fifteen In The Afternoon.

I was worn out, I never thought that these guys were actually having six majors everyday plus that management class. I groaned, as I felt sleepy.

But a tap on my chair snapped me out. "Come on my angel, let's go home." Jungkook cooed teasingly.

I sulked a deep sigh and rolled my eyes on him. Just when the thought of Chanyeol popped out into my mind, I have an appointment with him later. But if I run away from Jungkook again, I'm sure I'll be regretting that I'm still alive.

"Jungkook—we have drag race later," Jimin interrupted. "Yah, we placed a bet already on that." Tao added.

"I won't come, just win and be safe." He uttered languishly as he grab my hand as I'm being dragged out of the room.

Why does he have to be so aggressive? I can't rant as I was being pulled away. Just when we exited the room, he gently intertwined his fingers on mine as we started to walk onto the elevator.

I was just staring at our hands tied up together as my brows twitched in confusion. I suddenly pulled it away, but then he grabbed it back, then I pulled it away. When all of a sudden, he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. The proof that I can't escape anymore.

"Relax babe, I'll be gentle," He leaned to speak alluringly at my ear.

"What the are you talking about Jungkook?!" I exclaimed trying to escape from his tight grip.

"You'll not get bored on me, don't worry." He winks as we entered the elevator.

Oh god, how am I supposed to be on Chanyeol's appointment? And more over, how can I escape from this super erted guy?!

Meanwhile. Open Space Parking Lot. Five Thirty In The Afternoon.

Is this guy a freak? He won't let go of me until we reached here. Luckily there were no student anymore since it's getting dark already.

As we saunter our way towards his car, a sudden ring on his phone made him pick it up. "Yah—" He whined, still his other arm wrapped around me. I can't help it I'm so pissed off. "What?"

Just when I can already breathe, he let go of me as he walked ahead. "You stay there," He said as he walked a few steps away from me.

Can this be the chance that I'm waiting for? But I'm so scared that he might punish me a lot if I do. I was in a deep thought when all of a sudden, someone just covered my mouth as I'm being dragged away.

I was fighting back, until we reached quite far from the parking lot. Just when I knew it was, "Mr. Jongdae?!!" I exclaimed. "What are you doing here? And why are you.. kidnapping me?"

He suppressed a laugh. "Okay, I'm sorry but I'm not kidnapping you. It's just that—I think you have an appointment with my best friend and he hates people who aren't on time. So I'll be taking you to him then."

"What?" Mr. Jongdae knows about this? But, I don't think I could—"Mr. Jongdae, I'm sorry but,"

I was trailed off when he placed his finger onto my lip. "If you're worrying about Jungkook, I already handled everything and we can go."

I was left dumbfounded. Did he just what? I don't know what would Jungkook say and do to me right after this, but it was Mr. Jongdae's plan. Maybe, I should get along with it and trust him?

Almost Six In The Evening. Swiss Perseus Airtel.

I can't believe it, Mr. Jongdae accompanies me back here. The place where the most embarrassing and stupid moment of my life. As we saunter inside the lobby, I lowered my head as I keep going along with Mr. Jongdae.

I saw the same receptionist, but she just looked at me and smiled. Maybe, she remembered me? Oh gosh, I just have to kill myself again.

"Are you nervous Ahn Hee?" Mr. Jongdae smiled as he pressed the elevator button.

I nodded as my feet can't bare the tension I have inside me now.

"Don't be, he won't bite." He patted my head as the both of us went inside the elevator.

The elevator stops at the 39th floor which is the main office of Park Chanyeol. As soon as we stepped foot out, I can feel my heart pounds a lot that it could escape from me now.

The floor contains two big rooms, I wonder what's the other room for? u

Mr. Jongdae and I halted infront of this white furnished door. "I can't go along with you now, hope for the best for the both of you—I mean, good luck Ahn Hee!" He beams as he gently knocked on the door twice. "Go in,"

"Thank you for your voluntary tag, Mr. Jongdae," I shyly smile. "But is it okay if I show myself to him like this? I didn't even worn something formal."

"Whatever you wear, you still look good and don't worry about it, it's not that super formal interview." He smiled. "It's nothing Ahn Hee, well then, I'm just a fan—" He whined as he giggles. Fan? Mr. Jongdae's a bit weird in some ways.

I smiled as I sulked a deep breath and started to grab the door knob and let the door flew open.

Meanwhile. Swiss Perseus Airtel. Chanyeol's POV.

What's taking her so long? Did she saw my personal invitation for her?

I was walking back and forth infront of my desk apprehensively. Deep thinking of my foolish thoughts about her.

The thing is, I will accept her as my personal assistant from now on. Not a week-end secretary. Even though she's still a student, I'll be the one to adjust the time for her.

I'll be mad if she would decline my offer. Hello, I repeat, I'll be the one to adjust. Not her.

As I was scanning more of her personal profile, I never thought that I'll be caught of her personal things and everything just made me laugh. But the thought of her dad, saddens me.

Just when I knew, she needed this place to help her family. I know this will be the only way.

I was still walking back and forth vice versa, checking on my watch it's six in the evening. She should've been here already. I ruffle my hair in exasperation, "I shouldn't be the one waiting!"

Just when a knock on the door snapped me out. I quickly looked at it but no one dares to enter or even inform who was it. I was waiting for a minute but no one dares to enter.

Maybe it's her? Maybe she's just shy to go in?

I saunter my way infront of the door as I fixed my tux and my hair that I just messed up. I gulped as I grab hold the knob.

Just when I pulled the knob, she almost tripped off as she was holding the knob also. 

"Oh," She shyly grins as she fixed herself as she stood up immediately. "G-good evening Mr. Park Chanyeol, I'm sorry if I hadn't worn something nice for this interview, my class ended late--" She nodded in respect as her voice went shaky.

"It's okay," As I closed the door. "Follow me and have a seat."

I saunter my way towards my chair as I let her sit first. I sat and leaned my back as I took a look on her.

I think her mind is flinching in place, as her eyes were on looking down on the floor.

My eyes caught off when I started to stare at her attractive eyes, pointy nose, rosy cheeks and—soft pink lips. I gulped as I snapped out myself.

"So," I whined. "Ms. Ahn Hee Yeon, nice to see you again and I'm so glad that you accepted my invitation. Hope I didn't bother you if you have some important things to do."

"Important?" She wonder then she shook her head as she smiled at me. Now she's looking at me.

"Good," I smiled back. "Are you wondering why you're here?"

"Yes?"

"I want you to work on my company, work on me."

"What?" She exclaimed. "I'm sorry, but I don't think I can work here. I don't have time, I'm still a student and I don't want to work on you."

What?! Did she just rejected me? I mean, she rejected my once in a life time offer? Everyone's fighting for that job but she's only rejecting it?

My brows furrowed but I don't want to look like I lost. "You just can't say no Ahn Hee, I know you wanted this job and I know you want me—" I trailed off. What the Chanyeol? You're making things awkward.

She narrowed her eyes on me as she looked away in an instance. That reaction of her made me giggle. "What's funny? It's not even funny Mr. Park Chanyeol," She muttered, still not looking at me.

"I'm sorry," I can't stop giggling. "But how can I make you mine? I mean work on me?" What? Did I just say mine? Ofcourse, so that she'll work here.

Just a little tickle, then she'll go along with it. "No and that's final."

"But Ahn Hee?! Please?" I stood up as I sat infront of her. "Please?"

She looked at me while her brows furrowed in curiosity. "What's got into you Mr. Park Chanyeol? Many are fighting for this position and you're just giving it to me, oh not giving, you're forcing me."

What a pride queen is this girl. I've never begged on a girl like this before. "Okay," I sigh. "If I'm going to tell you the main reason will you accept the job?"

"Then tell me," She crossed her arms on me as her brow lift up.

I don't think I can tell it to her, it'll make the situation worst. If I'm going to tell her that her dad was imprisoned, I don't know what she'll do next. I know this girl, I remember the time she tried to kill herself just because of me. What more if she knows her father's situation now?

"I— I can't, I'm sorry," I lowered my head. Just in a few seconds she stood up as she quickly saunter her way outside the room.

I was lost in words. I don't know what to feel right now? Is she mad at me? Obviously, Chanyeol. I just wanted to help her, but now seeing her run away from me feels like I was stab from behind.

Just when I knew I quickly saunter my way outside my room as I impatiently waited for the other elevator to come up. She's already at the 15th floor. I just have to get her back and talk to her.

As soon as the elevator arrived I quickly entered as I didn't let the elevator stop on some floors. I quickly run as fast as I could, my workers were looking at me as I passed by them at the lobby.

Just when I saw her taking her steps down on the stairs and was about to call a taxi cab.

"Ahn Hee!" I holler, then I rushed myself quickly out of the building. I grabbed her arm, "Please, listen to me first,"

"Sorry Mr. Park Chanyeol, but I don't have any time for you now. Thank you for your offer, but I don't think I'm worthy enough for that job." She faces me with a calm smile on her face.

I was caught off by her sudden calm face, I was left dumbfounded. What did I just do now? She's leaving. But why does it bother me a lot? Why did I just feel like I am being rejected? "Ahn Hee,"

And before I knew, the taxi cab stops as she went inside. I was left hanging, am I that stupid to let her leave?