Chapter 15: Engaged

The Billionaire's Girl

Flashback. Highschool Days. Life Science Class.

“Ever wonder why she always bring her kitty cat with her?” Jongdae nudge Chanyeol’s elbow as he was in a deep thought leaning against the wall while staring at Choa while she was petting her kitty on the corner. “You know what dude, you’ve been courting her for years, but still there’s no progress.”

“Just back it off Jongdae, I’m willing to wait until forever runs out.” Chanyeol respond back while smiling all throughout while keeping his stare on Choa.

“Ahhh— That’s the spirit!“ Jongdae whined. “Choa-yah, Chanyeol wants to talk to you.”

Out of the blue, Chanyeol was surprised as he didn’t expected Jongdae to do that. But Chanyeol was allured when Choa turned her look on them, it was like a slow motion pace that made Chanyeol’s heart beats rapidly than ever.

“Oh?” Choa grins as she placed her kitty on the floor and let the kitty drink its milk. But then Jongdae pushed Chanyeol towards Choa and in a minute he excused himself to go out and let his best friend do the thing.

“Erm, Choa—“ Chanyeol was trailed off when Choa tug his blazer to kneel down.

“Isn’t she the cutest?” She beams. Choa was smiling all throughout, but without her knowing Chanyeol kneels down but he was just staring at her with a yearning smile and how he was wishing to win Choa since he was so inlove with her since they were little.

Park Choa is Chanyeol’s childhood friend slash first love since their mothers were a business partners in a clothing line. Though they are not related to each other nor cousins, Chanyeol treated Choa as his very own sibling. Until then, as time goes by, he developed his feeling for her.

Chanyeol was been courting Choa for two years but he’s been inlove for a long time. But Choa, was just a happy go lucky girl and was oblivious of Chanyeol’s action towards her, she only treated him as her brother and it’s only until there.

In a mere fact, Chanyeol keeps on calling her ‘Cherub’ but Choa only laughs every time Chanyeol calls her like that.

Out of sorts, their high school graduation became the worst day of Chanyeol’s life. He deliberated a speech as he was the class summa laude out of their whole batch.

Before he ended his speech, he paused as he smiled like there’s a mechanism of shiver that made him blush all over. “Truth be told, the world is not a ‘picture-perfect.’ And when as times went hard, you made me sustain my belief in myself. And when I feel lost, you have assured me. You have spent the rest of my life making things easy for me, you made sure that I’ll have the best of everything. You’ve been my inspiration all throughout and I’m so thankful for it, Ms. Park Choa.”

The crowd went awed as everyone was so endeared by Chanyeol’s speech. All of them looked at Choa who went unbelievable to what just happened. It was Chanyeol’s first time to vocal out his feelings infront of many people.

But during their graduation set off party, the two met in a veranda to get some fresh air. It wasn’t expected since Chanyeol didn’t knew that Choa was there staring at the moonlight.

He heave a sigh as he felt a bit edgy since to what he have done a while ago. He grip a hold on the rails as he had to get himself a push to start a conversation. “Pretty right?”

“Chanyeol,” Choa sounded nervously as she closed her eyes. “Was all of it were true?”

Chanyeol got strucked, but he knew what Choa was pointing for. “Ofcourse, you—you’ve been my inspiration and I lo—“

“Thank you,” Choa trailed him off, but then she shook her head. “You’ve been so good to me all the time. But I’m sorry Chanyeol, just—leave it off until here. You see uhm, I’m leaving Korea tomorrow morning and I don’t know when I’ll be back.”

Chanyeol was surprised as he was taken aback. After all those times, Choa didn’t mind to mention about leaving. But more over, was Choa rejecting him already?

“What do you mean, leave it off?” His voice went shaky as he looked at Choa teary eyed.

“You’ve been the best guy I’ve met and you’ve been so good to me. But—I can’t accept your feelings, Chanyeol.”

Right after Choa blurted it all out, Chanyeol was left in a stagger pace as Choa walked out.

It was their last time to see each other since Choa departed from Korea the next day. Chanyeol was feeling devastated but he never regret everything, especially about loving Choa for a long time. They never had communication and news about each other. As time goes on, Chanyeol live a life and had his preparation to be the inheritor of their business.

End Of Flashback.

Meanwhile. Prime Ruby Club. Chanyeol’s POV.

I went ran out of words, I was totally strucked by her. It’s been like what? 7 or 8 years since the last time I saw her? I knew she was Choa but her fashion state changes. Before she actually wears simple clothes but now—she became mature.

“Eonnie—“ Dasom noona cooed as she hastily gave a hug on Choa. “You’re so pretty, I can only see you on tabloids. But finally—how’s everything?”

Choa giggles. “I’m fine Dasom-yah, I missed you so much. And oh—Junmyeon? Is that you? Oh my gosh, you’ve grown so much. I—I mean, look at you. I bet you have so many girls right now huh?”

She eyes on Junmyeon, but Junmyeon took her hand to give a kiss. “Aniya, Choa noona I can’t believe you’re much prettier than my sister.”

“Yah!” Dasom noona spank his hand as she scold his brother. They were laughing but I was just left speechless.

“Choa-yah!!!” Jongdae beams as he gave Choa a bear hug, but he wasn’t aware of his drink. It somehow poured on Choa’s dress. “Oh, I’m so sorry Choa. I didn’t mean.”

“Jongdae, you never changed! But it’s okay, I worn black so it wouldn’t be seen.” She exclaimed but she laughed all of a sudden. “I heard you’re the most sought after surgeon huh? I knew you’ll excel, I knew you have those imma-save-a-life spirit in you.”

“Is that so?” Jongdae grins shyly as I looked at him furiously. What a careless guy. “But—I didn’t saved my bestfriend’s life before. Right Cha—“

I trailed him off, I knew what he was thinking. He was referring to me. I stepped on his shoe as I gave a grin on her. “It was nothing, right Jongdae?” I eyed on him secretly as I keep my grin on him.

“Oh, yeah—“ Jongdae grins back. “Let’s start the party?!”

After that small talks and introductions again, we continued to drink and had talks about our lives. I was seated beside Jongdae since it’s a couch type of chair. Junmyeon and Dasom noona were seated together across us and Choa was left alone on the other side.

I can’t help myself but to keep an eye on Choa. Yet I felt so edgy like I don’t know if I’ll be turning a rock in a moment or so. I was just listening to Choa’s past events.

Just when I knew, Choa is the owner of this club. She started this club just 3 years ago right after she graduated in college. Choa is also a veterinarian specialist at Ohio and also she undergoes training to be the successor of her mom’s fashion boutique.

My mom was the part co-owner of that line before, but when she was admitted as she suffers from a heart problem, she stopped and let Choa’s mom handle the business.

“Yah, Chanyeol—“ Choa snapped me out. “How about you? I know you’re the richest man on earth now. But how’s everything?”

“Ah,” I gulped. “Yeah, nothing. Just the same old me.”

“That’s it?” Choa shrugged as she gulped her drink. “Or are you engaged or something?”

Engaged. If you just know Choa, how I was thinking about our future before. I wanted you to be the half of me, but you rejected me.

I shook my head as I felt dried up. “Choa noona, don’t expect Chanyeol to get married for now. He’s an old fashioned man, he doesn’t like girls.” Dasom noona teased.

“Yeah, that’s right. Even though how many girls I’m pushing on him, he keeps on rejecting them.” Jongdae interfered. One more time Jongdae, or I’m gonna cut off your throat.

Choa laughs. “Oh is that so?” When all of a sudden, we were cut off when a guy gave a quick kiss on Choa’s cheek. “Oh, Jin!”

“How’s my little kitty love?” The guy smiled as he looked over at us.

Dude, how come you call her kitty. Mine’s Kitty Cherubbie. And who is he?

“Oh, guys! I would like you to meet my fiancée, Kim Seok Jin. I think you’ve heard about him already?” Choa beams as she stood to introduce this guy.

I was left flabbergast. She’s getting married now? I could only stare at them, but Dasom noona and Junmyeon were very pleased to hear the announcement. They were congratulating the both of them. 

I was snapped out when Jongdae secretly nudged my elbow, “Dude, you okay?”

My brows twitched as I gulped. “Ofcourse,” I nodded several times.

“Oh you’re Mr. Park Chanyeol right?” Jin wonders as he hands me for a shake. I accepted and nodded. “Oh, I’m so so pleased to meet you Mr. Park Chanyeol.”

“Thanks,” The only word I uttered as I force a smile.

“Can I join you guys?” Jin asked, then he sat beside Choa. He wrapped his arm around her as he keeps on whispering something on her. I can’t help but to feel like I’m not on myself today. Like I wanted to go home now.

“So what was it we’re talking again?” Choa asked.

“Nothing,” Jongdae responded back. “Oh Seok Jin, uhmm perhaps you’re a movie actor or something? It’s like I’ve seen you on screen.”

“Yes, I am.” Jin nodded as he gulped his drink. “Have you watched the Princess Diaries?”

“Oh yeah! You’re the prince guy right?!” Dasom noona beams. “Oh no, now I knew you! You were great! I wish I could get an autograph from you?”

All of them laughs especially Choa who seemed very proud of her fiancée. “Oh, sure.” Jin nodded then he looked at me. “Mr. Park Chanyeol, can I ask you something since I’m also a fan of yours.”

What’s about this guy? Why does he have an interest on me? “Sure,” I responded.

“Are you also engaged or married? Since there were some dating rumors about you, but you were not giving a word for it.”

Dating rumors? Yes, I’ve been on some stupid news regarding that. But no, I’m not interested on dating.

I was about to speak up, when Choa looked at me intriguingly. My mind went flinching in place like I don’t know what to respond back. It took me a few seconds when I blurted, “I’m engaged.”

“What?!” Dasom exclaimed as she spill her drink. “Wait what?”

“Oh, congratulations Mr. Park Chanyeol. So the rumors were somehow true? But there were a lot of girls that were thrown to you. May I know who is it? Is it also a celebrity or a business person?” Jin exclaimed in wonder.

Choa plastered a satisfied smile on her face and I was so intimidated by it but half of me wants her so bad. While Junmyeon and Jongdae kept their mouths pursed, I think they knew my play.

“Oh yeah, Chanyeol, my man is also getting married. That’s why he doesn’t want girls to die for her anymore.” Jongdae clinged his arm on me. “If you’re asking if she’s a celebrity or a business person. Enggg—you got it wrong! Actually she’s a student.”

“What?!” Dasom noona exclaimed and that made Junmyeon cover her sister’s mouth again.

But I wasn’t expecting that Jongdae would tell them that the girl is a student. Was it, Ahn Hee?! Ughh—my reputation!

“Oh, that’s—awesome! You like younger girls uh Mr. Park Chanyeol.” Jin exclaimed in wonder.

“Well then, congratulations to the both of you Chanyeol. Why don’t you invite her to Jin’s birthday next week? We would love to know her so much.” Choa cut in the conversation.

What? What now Jongdae? I’m trapped. “O-okay—“

The Next Day. Park Joon-Ho University. Dismissal Time. Dance Room. Ahn Hee’s POV.

Yesterday, I was bed-ridden. I was so sick and weary. But I’m still not feeling well today. Since my brother, told me that the dance practice will start today and Yixing was expecting me to come, I guess I’ll have or I should say I need to go.

But I really can’t help to think about the night when Chanyeol offered me and Sehun a ride home. If my brother wasn’t just stupid, he wouldn’t bring a bike with him and expecting me to get a lift of it while it was raining hard.

The truth was, I feel like I’m bursting into shivers as I saw Park Chanyeol at the coffee shop. But I can’t erase the moment when I was invited to his office as he wanted me to become his secretary. Like, why all of a sudden? What’s his motive?

And now, that Jungkook and I’s relationship were becoming closer after that dinner night I had with him. But it wouldn’t hide the fact that he keeps on bugging me during class hours. Like what the hell? How am I supposed to study well and maintain my grades on top, or I should say, beat him off?

Now that the dance practice has to start, I can’t help myself but to feel edgy because the Formosus Elites were here inside the room watching over us. And especially, Jungkook keeps on eyeing on me and somehow I think he’s taking pictures of me.

“Sis, why are they here? Did you invited them to watch?” Sehun whispers.

Our team stood up in formation as I was placed on the center together with Yixing and Sehun was on my back. “I don’t know with them?” I shrugged.

“3, 2, 1..” Yixing counted off as we began to copy and strut our move along the music piece.

After hours of getting the steps on our heads, finally we mastered half of the piece. It was hard I can say, but I feel so uncomfortable having the Formosus Elites inside here and the fact that they were only eyeing on me.

“That move looks lousy,” Jongin interrupted as he stood up. “It should be like this.” Then he gave a dance move. I was left mouth-hanged as I couldn’t help myself but to feel amazed by him. His moves were great. I wonder why he’s not part of the dance team?

Yixing nodded and accepted the move. “Amazing Jongin, you want to join the team?”

“Nah, it’s okay. I’m just here to watch over someone.” He affirm then went back to his mates.

“I have this feeling sis, we’re both going home later.” Sehun whispered.

I smirked. “What the hell are you thinking Sehunnie? Stop thinking things over.”

After half an hour, we mastered half of the dance piece and it’s the practice has ended. It’s already evening, I feel so weary and dehydrated. I saunter my way towards my bag to get my drink, when out of the blue I felt dizzy and all of a sudden, I went unconscious.

Meanwhile. Jungkook’s POV.

Lately this morning the guys told me that they saw Ahn Hee at the coffee shop during the weekend and the night we had dinner together. They told me that she was soaking wet with her dress on and I felt guilty about it. I told my driver to take her home but she escaped from him.

And now, as much as I’m pissing her off during the class, she was not in the mood to fought back against me and I can feel that she’ll not well or what and even the other guys can’t go near her since starting this morning, she didn’t even uttered a word and didn’t came with us during lunch break.

Just when I knew that she will attend the dance practice, I was thinking if I would come or not. But the guys drag me to come here.

As she was strutting herself on the dance piece together with her dance team, I can’t help but only to focus on her. I’ve never seen her so talented despite of having beauty and brains. Wait what? Did I just admit that she’s—you know. Almost perfect?

Finally, after 2 hours of practice it’s finally done. But I never felt bored or what.

“Hey, should we now ask her?” Kris secretly uttered.

“What ask are you talking about Kris?” I craned my neck to look at them who seemed to be having evil plans on her.

“Uh, yeah—“ Jongin whined. “We’ll go to Paris tomorrow night. It’s Paris Fashion Week on Thursday. We need to support our bro. You know—“

“So what about her?” I curiously asked.

“Kris wanted Ahn Hee to come with us,” Jimin interfered.

“You mean, we. We wanted her to come.” Tao cackles at the back.

These guys, they were planning something again without me knowing. “Is that so?”

When all of a sudden, we were shocked when Ahn Hee lost her consciousness and fell off the floor.

I didn’t held on a minute, I stood up and rushed towards her. I carried her as everyone went in panic. “Ahn Hee, wake up.” I worried.

~ღღღ~

Another quick update for you my readers, since I don't have a class today. LOL! =)) and another character revealed, Kim SeokJin in the house yow! He's also a member of BTS. The princess is here. Hahaha!! =))) Isn't he the cutest guy ever? 

Ohhh-- What do you think of Chanyeol? Still inlove with his past Kitty Cherubbie? Hahaha! And do you think he'll invite Ahn Hee as his 'fiance' on Jin's birthday?!

What about KOOKHEE? Do you think Jungkook is already developing his feelings for her?

Please don't forget to vote and comment you thoughts below!!! :)) I love you guys! :*