chapter 7

Magic

Mir jumped when someone poked his waist from behind. He turned to see Dongwoon smiling micheviously with both his hands still in the position with both index fingers pointed out. "Are you asking for a knee-kick?" Mir asked dryly as he continued walking.

Dongwon jogged until he reached Mir's side. "Why are you here?" He asked, bouncing slightly as he eyed the shorter boy.

Mir stopped walking suddenly, making Dongwoon looked at him in confusion. "You..." Mir trailed off, a bit hesitant of how should he arranged the words for his question. "Do you believe in magic?"

Dongwoon blinked before he burst into a hearty laughter. "What kind of question is that?" 

Seeing as his friend was making fun of him, Mir clicked his tongue and stomped away. Dongwoon trailed after, still having his remaining laughter, holding his stomach. 

"Ya... Don't get mad." He said while nudging Mir on the boy's side. "Mir..." He called again when Mir just ignored him. "Cheolyong-ah." He pulled Mir's arm to stopped the boy. A smile tugged on his lips. "Okay, I'll answer you question. But, first... Tell me, what kind of magic do you mean?"

Mir looked up to his friend. "Well... Magic. Like real magic. You know... Fairies... And unicorns... All those supernatural thingy..." He tried, watching as Dongwoon stared at him with full focus and those pair of eyes were practically glimmering with interest on the topic that Mir had brought up. "Where people turn into animals." Mir mumbled the last sentence just barely above whisper as he averted his eyes.

"Dongwoon!" Kikwang came running, interrupting Dongwoon who was about to response to Mir's words. "Hey, Mir. What are you doing here?" He asked, smiling widely at the MBLAQ maknae whom he hadn't been seeing for quite a long time.

"Hey!" Mir greeted back, just as excited while exchanging brofists.

Dongwoon frowned. "Why aren't you as excited when you see me?" He pouted, forgetting about Mir's strange question already.

"Shut up." Mir elbowed Dongwoon's stomach, making the taller boy hunched over, coughing out exaggeratedly. Mir glanced at his wristwatch. "I'm late. I have meeting in just ten minutes. Later, guys." Mir waved and started running to the studio C.

Dongwoon watched as the small framed boy disappeared around the corner. He pursed his lips as he thought back about Mir's question. 

"MAKNAE!" Dongwoon flinched back when a loud voice pierced his ears. Kikwang huffed and crossed his arms in front of his chest. "Stop spacing out and come back to the studio. Break is over." And Dongwoon ended up getting pulled by his ears all the way back to studio with Mir's question still glued on his mind.