chapter 25

Magic

Teasing Dongwoon was always great. Why? Because those little times when MBLAQ and B2ST all hung out together, Dongwoon would always be the one bullying Mir. These rare times of Mir teasing Dongwoon in return would always be so satisfying for the MBLAQ maknae.

Mir just hid his smile everytime he chanced a glance towards the still pouting Dongwoon. Honestly, didn't his friend got tired of pouting already? Feigning indifference, Mir spoke. "It will be permanent if you keep on with that."

"What will?" Dongwoon asked, confused.

"That pout of yours. I don't really care if it do. But your fans might cry thinking you are getting ." He said again, monotonously and thoroughly enjoyed the way Dongwoon made a face as if he just saw the spawn of satan himself. 'Oh, Mir... You're really improving in your evilness.' Mir even managed to innerly praise himself.

Mir rose his brows when Dongwoon stomped away from him as the boy walked further ahead. "Ya! Dong-" Before Mir could chase after his sulking friend, he staggered to the side as Thunder pulled harshly on his hair while GO pulled on his ear and Joon pushed on his neck. "Woah-" He flailed his arms as he almost fall into the drain. "Why, hyung?"

"We're here." Thunder said and pulled on several strands of Mir's raven locks so the youngest would looked up to the small section of shop just in front of them.

Mir looked up at the signboard and looked down to his pocket where Seungho was holding up the namecard he intent to read. He took the card and scanned the name. Yup! This was it. The shop that Zriek told him about.

Forgetting about Dongwoon, Mir pushed open the glass door that had been covered fully by black oil paper causing the contents of the shop couldn't be seen from outside. The bell rung as the door opened and Mir stepped in. All five pairs pf eyes darted around the shop.

The shop was dim litted only by florescent-like lamp. It was small yet neat and tidy. A few large racks on both sides of the wall, full with antiques maybe for sell or maybe just for exhibition. Mir squinted his eyes. Nah~ They were for sales. There were price tags on each of the items. 

Mir walked straight to the long table Mir assumed as counter. He looked around and leaned over the glass table to reach for the bell. He tapped his finger a few times on the bell, waiting for the owner of the shop to show up. 

As no one was in sight, Mir puffed his cheeks. He walked around the counter only to jump when a voice greeted him. "May I help you?"

Mir stopped and turned around to see an old man smiling gently at him from behind the racks. In his hand was a feather-duster. Mir tilted his head a bit before his eyes widened and he unconsciously pointed towards the old man. "It's you!" He exclaimed loudly when he recognized the old man. It was the old man he met when he went to Thunder's house. He couldn't be mistaken. He remembered clearly the old man's kind face. Later, a yelp followed suit when he felt GO biting on his earlobe.

"Don't be rude!" GO reminded the younger and Mir pulled back his hand bashfully. Mumbling small 'sorry' while rubbing his aching ears. And just when he thought GO had stopped his biting habit.

The bell rung again and there Dongwoon with his infamous glare. "You left me!" He barked.

"I forgot." Mir said sheepishly. As he saw Dongwoon was ready to nag at him, Mir quickly gestured by slightly tilting his head towards the old man's direction, successfully shutting up the other.

The old man chuckled and walked past Mir and around the counter. He got out a small crystal ball just as big as a tennis ball. He covered the crystal ball in his palm and Mir could see the light that escaped from in between the old man's finger. Hope bubbled in his and the others' heart only to be crushed cruelly the next second the old man spoke.

"Let me be honest here. I can't help you." That made all of the four small animals gasped. Seungho submerged himself and disappeared into Mir's pocket and yelled out his frustration. GO hugged Mir's neck, and sunk his teeth in the muscle out of anger, ignoring Mir's warning for him to stop. Thunder flopped down on his stomach and cried into Mir's hair. Joon stayed frozen, slowly slipping off of Mir's shoulder and finally fall down like a lifeless statue, luckily Dongwoon noticed and quickly caught the falling kitten before it hit the floor.

"Yah! Jung Byunghee! Get off of me!" Mir shouted, didn't really care about him being disrespectful as he was in pain already. It wasn't even his fault! 

Hearing Mir, Dongwoon hold Joon in one hand and his free hand pinched on the back of GO's neck, succeeding in immobilizing the biting machine. 

"Thanks Dongwoon." Mir let out a relief breath. He turned to the old man again. "Then, can you at least find out who did this?" He asked.

The old man shook his head. "Just wait for a few more days. Maybe just another day."

Seungho head popped up again from the pocket. "Wait? WAIT??? ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS? OUR LIFES END HERE IF WE CAN'T TURN BACK. WE'RE DOOMED!" The leader shouted.

Mir ruffled his hair exasperatedly, accidentally smacking Thunder off of his head. But he was quick to retrieve back the crying squirrel in his hand. He the golder brown fur affectionately so the slightly older boy would stop crying.

Seungho glared towards Mir. "It's all your fault. It's your fan's doing! You are responsible to solve this mess out!" Seungho kept nagging and tried to kick Mir's chest from inside of the boy's pocket.

"Okay... I had enough of this." Mir exhaled harshly and pushed Seungho's tiny head back into the jacket pocket and he zipped close the pocket, muffling Seungho's loud nagging. "Just because you're the cutest..." He sighed. He turned back to the old man. "You said before, everything happened for reasons. What do you mean by that?"

The old man gave a mysterious smile. "Who know? Maybe this is exactly what I mean." And then, there was silence for a few seconds.

"Aha!" Dongwoon suddenly piped up as his face brightened. "I just noticed this, but damn, Mir... You actually manhandled your hyungs! You will never do that if they aren't small, weak and defenseless animals. You have stepped up your game, dude." Putting both GO and Joon on the counter table, Dongwoon clapped on Mir's shoulder a few times with proud smile.

Contrasted with Dongwoon, Mir's face darkened. Snap! He really did forget that those four animals were actually his hyungs. He quickly opened back his pocket and fished out the small white bunny. "I'm sorry, hyung! I didn't mean to act like this!" He exclaimed, ignoring Dongwoon who was facepalming at his sudden change in demeanor. Mir would always be... Well, Mir.

Seungho was about to yell at the maknae but immediately softened at the puppy-eyes Mir was able to pull off excellently. 'This kid is getting better at making those faces. Did he practice or something?' He questioned himself. Shaking his head, he calmed himself down and just patted Mir's hand softly. Mir put Seungho next to GO and Joon on the table and kept soothing the still crying Thunder in his hold.

"Youth~" The old man exhaled with that same smile. "Now. Though I can't help, but I have already seen the one who casted the curse. She is trying to undo the curse right now. Just be patient. It will not take too long."

All of them turned wide eyes to the old man. Even Thunder stopped crying abruptly. "Then, why don't you just tell us right from the start?" Thunder exclaimed as he climbed up again on Mir's head, tired of crying, thinking it was the end for his life when it was all apparently for nothing.

"Are you sure about this?" GO asked and the old man nodded confidently. "Then what did I bite Cheolyong for?" He facepalmed.

"Because you're a rat." Mir said dryly, filled with double meaning. He was still furious on GO for biting him like that. He wasn't an object to vent frustration! But GO just ignored Mir and acted innocent. 

Ohoho... The nerve of that tiny mouse.

"Well, that burn." Joon commented, finally broke out of his frozen state as relief washed over him.

"The moral of the lesson here, we should stop bullying the maknae." Seungho added.

Mir turned in time to locked eyes with Dongwoon and frowned when he received a wink from his friend. This... Hurmm... Now that he looked back and thought... Dongwoon knew someone like Zriek. And out of all possibilities, Zriek voiced out that it was all because of the other four hyungs bullying on him. And now... This... "You- How did you know Zriek? You know more of those kind of people with power, right? Is this your doing? It... Couldn't be, could it...?" Mir whispered with suspicious look on his face, totally forgetting about Thunder who was still on his head listening to him. But, the sheepish grin Dongwoon bore on his face answered all.

"What the hell, Son Dongwoon!"