chapter 21

Magic

Releasing a small breath of relief as they reached Zriek's house, Mir put Joon down in the middle of living room and Joon as quickly spat GO out. Coughing and almost vomited.

GO rolled out on the floor looking the dirtiest Mir ever seen, coated with dirt and saliva. Using his index finger and his thumb, he pinched on GO's tail and held the little rat up.

Even when he was held upside down by his tail, GO squealed happily that he was free fom Joon's oral cavity and saw his beloved maknae again. He flapped his hands excitedly. "Oh my god, Cheolyong! You can't even start to imagine of how much I'm missing you." 

The rat kept reaching out his tiny hands towards Mir like a child wanting his mommy to held him up, but Mir held him in a safe distance from his face, using his other hand to pinch on his nose. Oh god, he couldn't even start to compare which one of them had worse luck. GO who was in Joon's mouth or Joon who had to keep GO in his mouth. He pitied both of them.

Smiling with a frown on his face, Mir stepped towards the bathroom after getting the direction from Zriek. "Let's get you cleaned up first." He said with nasal voice, still pinching on his button nose. He turned to Joon who was still retching from the moment he spat GO out and said, "Joon hyung. Maybe you can rinse you mouth." And Joon ran after Mir to do just that.

 

♡♡♡♡♡

 

They finally settled down in the middle of the living room. The bunny and the kitty was sitting on the armchair and Dongwoon was sitting on the other armchair across the coffee table. Mir was sitting on the long couch and Zriek was sitting close to him, unsurprisingly. Thunder was still on Mir's head, apparently already falling asleep up there.

Mir kept on drying the already freshened up GO's fur with a towel as GO sat comfortably on his laps. Hands busy, he spoke. "Zriek, so... can you find out who did this to them?" He asked.

Zriek nodded and closed his eyes, concentrating. When he opened his eyes, those orbs glowing with violet colour for a while before they slowly receded back to their normal charcoal black. He shook his head. "Whoever cast the spell is a very strong dark magic user. I can't find out about him or her. It's like my view have been blocked."

"Why is that person doing this to us though?" GO complained and shook his whole frame after Mir finally stopped drying him but yelped when Mir pushed him back down and actually wrapped him in that same towel like a newborn baby. "Yah!" He scolded as he was manhandled by the maknae.

Ignoring GO, Mir just kept wrapping the long towel around GO's body until only GO's head could be seen and his whole body had been immobilized. Mir giggled at such a cute sight. He looked towards Seungho, secretly wanting to do the same on Seungho which would be super cute!

Seungho noticed the look Mir gave him and he felt like being watched by pure evil. So, he pretended not to notice because something told him that he would end up like GO if he even dare to question the maknae's doing. Poor GO. But he wasn't about to get himself involved.Sorry, dude.

"If we stay like this for any longer, I'm going to lose it!" Joon shouted in frustration as he fall, lying on his side.

"I know right. What if we can never change back to ourselves? Oh my god! What if? What if? What if we stay like this until we die?" GO cried out in panic. If he wasn't being wrapped in the towel like an Egyptian mummy by Mir, he would have ran around the house, pulling his fur out in total panic. So, accidentally, Mir actually did good. "And how the hell can he sleep in this situation?!" He seethed at the sleeping squirrel on Mir's head which wasn't even a bit disturbed by all the chaos in the living room.

Seungho sighed. "What have I done that I deserve all this?" He asked to no one in particular.

All those crying and shouting out of self-pity stopped abruptly when Zriek spoke. "Well, I can at least think of one reason why all of you four become like this."

Now all of the eyes were on him. Mir shifted a bit so he could face the high school boy. "Really? What is it?"

Zriek sighed. "This is just a theory but since it's only Mir hyung who didn't turn, I think the one casting the curse must be like me. A MIRacle. Some of Mir's fans think that all four of you always bullying him." He said, clinging on Mir's arm with a pout.

"Those were affection! Not bullying." Seungho retorted.

"Well, it doesn't look like that on camera." Zriek mumbled in rebellious tone.

"Cheolyong-ah! Aren't you going to say anything?" Seungho turned towards Mir in anticipation.

"..... Err... Of course. Those were all affection." Mir answered in small voice, eyes looking away from the bunny. He didn't dare to meet those blue orbs. 

Seungho made a face. "You're hesitating." He stated dryly.

Flustered, Mir shook his head quickly. "N-no. I-I'm not." 

"Now, you're stuttering." Again, that dry tone because Mir was making it too freaking obvious...

Mir scratched his nape. "Well... Actually... Err... Nothing."

"Frankly speaking, yeah, it was all fun and way of showing affection but sometimes it got too far and you guys really didn't think Mir would get pissed off even once? He wasn't really laughing sometimes but you guys can't really tell, can you?" Dongwoon who was so quiet just now finally spoke, making Mir found himself in a very awkward position.

"Y-yah! Don't make such a big deal out of it. Of course I won't get hurt by mere jokes." Mir panicked and tried to dismiss Dongwoon and threw something towards Dongwoon in order to give signal to his friend to shut the hell up but immediately froze mid-air and he heard GO's screaming. "Oh !" Yes, he cursed. Because he just realized the thing that he threw away was actually GO who was wrapped in the towel. He exhaled a relief breath when Dongwoon succeeded in catching GO into his hands gently.

"Careful there, Mir. You don't want to actually kill your hyungs even though you always imagine doing it." Dongwoon stated with a smirk and Mir could only facepalm as he was getting intense glare from all of the three hyungs in question. Only Thunder who was still on his own dreamland.

Mir looked over Zriek who tugged on the hem of his sleeves. "Sorry, I can't help you, hyung. If my parents are here, then they could have helped looking into it. They have much more stronger power than me. But..." The boy trailed off and fished out his wallet. He took out a namecard. "Here is the address to a shop. The owner has some supernatural power. He might be able to help."

Mir took the card. "Thank you." He said with a small smile. And after taking pictures together to fulfill Zriek's request as a fan, which ended up with Zriek squeezing Mir into a tight hug, yet again, they left, intending to find the one Zriek had mentioned the day after. Hopefully would be the solver of their problems.