Conclusion part -(1)

The Exchange
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sora and Chen were currently lying down on the mattress, both of their shoulders touching but none of them seeming to say anything beside resting on the bed with empty eyes, staring at the ceiling. After she hugged the daylight out of Chen, the other boys decided to leave and give them some time for themselves, which happened to be them watching the ceiling together with thoughtful expressions. Chen didn't say anything after she exploded and told him about his aunt, and Sora was worried. He was so calm, so silent and didn't even cry a little. Apparently; he was suppressing himself, dwelling in his sadness alone. She wanted him to open up to her, tell her that he is going to miss her and cry, anything would be fine as long as he wouldn't suppress it.


She peeked at him from her position, and saw him still eyeing the ceiling without any visible emotion on his face. Even though it's morning and they should be getting ready for school, none of them seemed to have the enthusiasm in doing that, and Sora knows that neither do the boys want to. She sighed heavily, scratching her head meekly.


“You know..” Chen started all of a sudden, voice soft and almost hard to hear. Sora snapped her head towards him, eyes widening a little when she realized Chen had finally spoke. She bit her lips, trying to suppress her smile because it was not the proper time for it. She watched Chen, as he gulped down his saliva softly before turning his head to look at her.

 

“When I grew close to my aunt, I did not know she would leave this easily. I always thought she would be there with me till the end; I have never considered the truth that some day she would just.. Leave,” there was a noticeable break in Chen’s voice, and Sora could see the tears swelling in his eyes. To be honest, now that the tears had finally fell down, Sora’s heart started thumping loudly in sadness. Seeing Chen cry, was probably the last thing she had expected in her entire life, but she was relieved, at least he finally trusts her enough to let go of his emotions in front of her. 

 

“My mom has never been the person who stands up for me, the woman that should love me unconditionally. She had always treated me lowly, like I’m a solider she was assigned to sculpt. She treated me with disdain, even after I unlocked my powers and became the royal figure she wanted.. At first; I was really obedient, doing whatever she wanted, listened  to everything she says. It was only when her sister, Aunt Soori started treating me better did I start to see how she should be acting, how she didn't act like a mother. My aunt, she was the best thing that could ever happen to me. Do you know that she had suggested adopting me? If only my mom agreed, which she didn't because then the throne would legally go to her sister, as if it wasn't enough she was the mimicker and not my mother… Sometimes; I genuinely get jealous of Sehun, because his mother is by far the best mom between the royals, but then I realizes that the others had it worse, They don't have anyone they can rely on like me..” 

 

Sora listened silently at Chen as he spoke his heart out; not interrupting him or commenting on the subject, she just wanted him to feel better, she wanted to sit beside him, pat him in the arm to tell him that everything would be alright. The tears on Chen’s eyes fell down one by one at his cheeks, rolling down to his lips. Sora found her fingers unconsciously tailing on his skin, wiping his tears softly. Chen looked down at her hands in his cheeks, and then back at her with eyes b with upcoming tears. Surprisingly, he shuffled closer to her and gently placed his head on her chest, curling himself beside her. 

 

Sora was momentarily shocked, and her hands kept floating in the air. Getting herself together, Sora started patting Chen’s head softly, playing with his locks and muttering some gentle words of comfort in his hair as he cried in her chest. 

 

“Everything would be fine, the boys and I won't ever leave you,” Sora doesn't know why she said that, but she knows that she genuinely means it. If she can, she would never leave any of their sides, especially – she realized – Chen. 

 

“You promise?” She found it cute how he wanted some reassurance, and she couldn't stop her smile this time as she creased his ears.

 

“Promise,”


-

 

“We are so late,” Sehun mumbled sleepily from beside Sora, who was holding his hands to stable him since he looked like falling any seconds now. After she comforted Chen, and told him they should probably leave to school, he agreed and she left to find the boys. All of them were awake – Surprisingly, Even Kai was awake – except for Sehun, which Sora wasn't very shocked because Sehun is as sleepyhead as Kai. She had woken him up, and he had flinched from his awkward position on the couch and attacked her with a bear hug , whining that he is tired and that he wants to sleep. Eventually; Sora had to drag him out of the couch by his ears.

 

Weirdly though, the moment they stepped out of their house, people from every ages started bowing respectively at them – though Sora has a thought those bows didn't include her – and everyone noticed. 

 

“Woah, steady boy,” She suddenly exclaimed when Sehun tripped over air and was about to fall flat on his face, but she held him by her telekinesis and straightened him up. Lay appeared beside Sehun, and with a roll of his eyes, he took Sehun from Sora, sending her a heartwarming, dimpled smile that made her heart accelerate.

 

When Lay took Sehun from her, she glanced behind her at the boys, and winced when she found them watching Yoora like hawks, making the girl extremely fidgety and nervous. Yoora had slept at their house – instructions of Suho, since he claimed he didn't want her to leave without being under his eyes – and the moment she woke up, she was receiving those predatory eyes in her direction. Sora sighed when Baekhyun created a light orb in his hands, which he threatened Yoora with it while saying ‘Do anything stupid again and I’ll roast you,’ Honestly, Sora expected Chanyeol to do that since that was his speciality. 

 

Speaking of the latter, she directed her eyes at him, and surprisingly, he was the only one having his face shoved in a book she recognized as the biology book of their class. She bounced back towards him, and he didn't even flinch at her sudden appearance behind him, and simply shooed her with his hands.

 

“Shoo, I have to review,”

 

“Review? For what? Do we have a test?” Sora asked, genuinely confused at his actions. Why would he review? Was he this geeky? 

 

“It isn't always a test we need to review for, Sora,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter