Conditions - IMPORTANT AUTHOR NOTE DOWN PLEASE READ

The Exchange
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sora narrowed her eyebrows at the Park elder; her eyes squinting dangerously as she tried standing up. Chen glared at her for trying to move, and ended up rolling his eyes when she hissed in pain. He lifted her up on her feet by her arms, and she mumbled a soft 'thanks', not making out a fuss by his arms that were loosely hung around her waist.

 


She stared at the royals. They were all panting, Baekhyun and Chanyeol still having their backs to each other; but their defense mode lessened. Kris shared a knowing look with Suho - Sora was dying to know what was going through their minds, she wanted badly to read their thoughts, but apparently they had mental blockage on - Sehun was still on his position beside his father; but he was listening. Tao roamed his eyes worriedly from his parents to Elder Park, thinking that something wrong would happen if only he dropped his defense for a second.

 

Most of the boys had similar disbelieving looks on their faces, and all of them were glaring daggers at the elder Park, urging her to just spill it.

 


Elder Park sighed heavily, sharing some looks with the remaining elders, as if she was contemplating whether she should say this to the kids or not. Seeing the reassurance in her companions' faces, she nodded confidently before looking back at the royals.

 

"We will hand you the throne nicely for you to rule in one condition," 

 

Sora scoffed from her place on the side; crossing her hands annoyingly with a roll of her eyes. She muttered something along the lines of 'I knew there was something in exchange' and 'son of a ,' that made Chen chortle softly next to her; which earned him a weak punch from the girl and a huff. 

 


"What do you want?" Luhan almost growled his words out, but he composed himself and ended up only raising a suspicious eyebrow up. The Park elder gave him a snarl for being disrespectful before she can even make her judgments, but didn't bother to comment on it. 

 

"What we all want is for Sora to not rule with you; we don't want a weak mimicker to be in your way of ruling." 

 

Sora rolled her eyes at their request; she had known her entire life that the elders detested her for being born, but she honestly didn't expect it to be this much. It has been knowing for ages that mimickers rule; they were by far stronger than the normal elder even if they lacked judgment; which brings the other twelve family. Now she knows she isn't the strongest person alive; but she is still learning for god's sake and there are rowdy groups of blood- humans who are in desperate need of her blood. There is no way she wouldn't be ruling with them.

 


There is something fishy with the way they detest her, now more than ever. She stared at Chen suddenly, remembering that his aunt has been a mimicker before. However; there was no record of her being a ruler. Now that her mind is cleared; she started questioning the situation. Did Chen's mother take the throne of the Kim family without acknowledging her sister's growing powers,? Were the mimickers detested before she is born before but no one had the guts to tell them in their faces, so they did everything to not make them rule in the past generation? Her father had never mentioned something about mimickers before to her, but that might be because he didn't want to drag her into his business.

 


"Thats nonsense, she is one of us now." Surprisingly, Luhan scowled at the Park Elder, lifting his hands up as if threatening the lady he would not hesitate to use his powers against her. Sora saw the sudden worry escape Elder Park's eyes, and couldn't help but feel comforted. They all know how powerful Luhan can be especially when he is angered. 

 


"Take it or leave it," Elder Hwuang snapped this time, and Tao had to snap his head back to see his father scowling at Luhan with malice dripping his eyes. Sora can't believe those people are parents because they are downright merciless and horrible.

 


"We won the freaking fight, we outran you by our powers! You got to give us some break!" Chanyeol protested loudly, flinging his hands away from Baekhyun who tried to calm the raging boy. Sora thinned her lips, thinking of a much brighter way to convince the elders. 

 


"Chanyeol! I won't repeat myself! This girl is a joke, she isn't fixed to be a ruler by the name of a mimicker! People would expect so much from her, she won't be able to give even half of what they need. She is weak, and stealing other people's powers won't ever fix that," Elder Park barked loudly, swinging her hands around her in absolute anger. Chanyeol seethed, but accepted Baekhyun's arm that dragged him behind.

 


Sora felt a growing anger in her, in which everyone - the royals mainly, the young ones - around her could detect immediately. Kris had stolen a glance at her, to confirm the anger he was receiving was indeed from her before sighing audibly. He started scratching on his hair, seeing how Suho had absolutely no idea on convincing the elders otherwise. 

 


"Do you or do you not agree?" Elder Park spoke - honestly, Sora didn't know who made her in charge - and there was authority in her speech. Sora sighed when she realized the boys didn't reply, and found it in her to guide them.

 


She coughed loudly to catch their attention, which was easily swiped away from the lady in the middle. Sora suddenly felt flustered and unsure when she saw the eyes boring holes through her soul, and she had a brief thought on just sitting back down and shut . She didn't do any of that however, and took control of whatever bravery pieces she has left.

 

"We agree, as long as they rule i'm fine with it,"


-


"I can't believe you said that," grumbled Joonmyun, who was now sulking as they all descended to the underground dungeons to meet Suga. Sora rolled her eyes at him and aimed to jab him in his chest again, but the boy kept on his sulky exterior and swiftly dodged her jabs. 

 


"I've told you hundreds of times Suho, i'm not important as you guys. You have to take the rule and trust me, you'll thank me later," even though she said that to assure him, Suho still didn't budge and kept on slouching in his walks. Sora sighed in annoyance, and lessened her speed to be in bars with Kai and Baekhyun - who were eyeing them for the longest she remembered - she stared at the two boys, and both of them had eyes of understanding and trust, which she appreciated so much. Its not like Suho didn't trust her, but more like he wanted her to be with them in ruling. But she can't, the elders had made that pretty much their first priority.

 

She knew there was something under their sleeves when Elder Park stopped the fight so easily. 

 


"Do you guys think i made a mistake?" Sora mumbled softly, encircling her arms in between each of their arms. Kai immediately leaned himself against her body, wanting to drink from her warmth - Baekhyun had to glare so hard at him, but then again he doesn't have the right to shrug him away from her - and snuggled his nose into her neck. Baekhyun instead made her lean again

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter