Little betrayer

The Exchange
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


This Chapter Is Not Edited, Any Grammatical Mistakes Are Absolutely Accidental. 

 

WILL EDIT THIS WHEN I HAVE TIME :)


-


Sora jumped downstairs immediately, an anxious feeling growing in her stomach. Chanyeol's expression was serious; he wasn't kidding when he told her Yoora wanted her for a bad thing. The two giants were heavy on her steps, racing in the stairs in the same speed she was consuming.

 


When she reached the living room, everyone was there in their pajamas; a similar anxious expression on their faces. Sora saw Yoora pacing in the middle of the room, fiddling with her fingers and biting on her lips. Sora had never seen the girl in so much distress after she was announced the beholder of the throne, and now she was extra worried that something must have happened.

 


She walked to Yoora, giving her a pointed look as the girl looked up, noticing the girl's presence. It seemed like it was Yoora's last straw as she bursted into tears. Everyone stared at her in confusion as she clutched into Sora's hands, a pleading expression on her face.

 

"Sora! Something horrible is about to happen! You have to leave now!" 

 

Sora doesn't understand the sudden emotion in Yoora's face, and why she was suddenly telling her to leave. Why was she so worried? The tears on her face was another shocking thing, she didn't know Yoora would cry in front of her again after she did that in their way of school. She had always showed a tough exterior, so now having this expression of worry made Sora on edge.

 


"W-what are...." Sora didn't even finish her words before Yoora opens and blabber loudly with a wail.

 

"The cult, they are targeting your mother in the human world. I didn't mean to I swear! I was just so angry about you and your new life that should be mine that I spouted whatever information they needed... I swear, they told me they wouldn't hurt anyone, they just wanted to question her about your weaknesses.. I'm so sorry Sora I didn't mean to!" 


Dread filled Sora's body and for a minute there she stood frozen in her place, her hands clutching Yoora's in a tight grip. She seemed to ignore the shouts of surprise from the boys around her, and the heavy beatings of their heart echoing in her own ears. She was momentarily deaf; she couldn't hear anything and she couldn't see the commotion happening in front of her. Yoora's hands were ripped from her grip, and she still didn't move an inch to do anything. Her eyes were blank as they stared in front of her, her whole body shaking horribly.


They are targeting your mother.

 

They are targeting your mother.

 

They are targeting your mother.

 

The words echoed in her head like a broken record, teasing her and taunting her. She started blinking her eyes hurriedly, not even realizing that everyone was now watching her reaction darkly, wanting to kill the wailing girl on the side. 

 

They are targeting your mother.

 

She heard it again, and then she had flashes of images of her mother in her eyes. Her mother when she was smiling in Christmas day, her mother crying when her little girl got wounded in her new school from bullying. Her mother laughing in joy when her husband brought her a gift from that jewelry shop she had always visited. Those flashes repeated inside her head; she had been watching her for a long time that she felt attached even if those emotions were never directed towards her. Her heart started thumping in her chest, and she send a look towards Yoora before her eyes colored into deep green, and then shifting to blue, pink, black and white. The shiftings of her eyes terrified the boys, and they all took a step back when they noticed the increasing of her aura.

 


She then turned around, her hair flipping at her sudden movement and bolted out of the door. 

 


-

 

She was running, ignoring the heavy raining on her body. Her breath was short and rigged from the over running she was doing without resting. She was so close to the wall, she was just a flick away from whats separating her from her mother. She could just teleport from her house, but the farther you are from the wall, the harder it is to teleport through the current. The elders had made sure of feeling the wall's powers even in your homes.

 

 

She knows the boys are hot on her trail, but she didn't say anything to them. They can follow her for all she wants. She could feel half of them were missing, and she realized that they must have been with Yoora, guarding her for not doing stupid things. She knew who was behind her, the bond she had with them had grown through the days, and now she can identify their presence without seeing their faces. 

 

Suho was leading the group, Kai and Baekhyun closer to them, Chanyeol as well. There was surprisingly Tao and Luhan, and she wondered why Lay didn't follow them, they could use him to heal if god forbids something bad happened to her mother before she can get there. 

 

She stopped when she reached the wall, breathing heavily as she did so. She didn't waste any time and immediately closed her eyes, calling out for Kai's orb in her body. She looked back at the boys, seeing the scowls on their faces before she disappears in a foam of darkness. 


-


When she was on the other side of the wall, she was already standing in her mother's house. She took a step back with a gasp when she saw the entire house on fire.

 

She saw firemen splashing the house with their hoses, but the fire refused to cope. It was burning brightly, eating everything in it place. She can see the water of the hose disappear into vapor the moment it touches the fire, and she knew the fire was supernatural. 

 

She closed her eyes, concentrating on Chanyeol's orb inside her. She didn't care that she hadn't trained his powers yet and that people were surrounding her, staring with horrified eyes at the consuming fire. All she cared was that she will safe her mother and her family.

 


Chanyeol's orb was glowing red inside of her, and whenever she tried reaching for it it burned her, making her hiss. She didn't have time for stubbornness, she needed to work this over. She had known what Chanyeol's character is, and just like his powers he was stubborn as well. She thought about the things that can calm Chanyeol down, and she ended up disappointed, knowing she has zero knowledge about Chanyeol's personality. She tried taming the orb still, and with a soft humming sound, she tried reaching for it again, and thankfully the orb complied this time and danced towards her.

 


Before she can even concentrate on using the powers, the fire died down as easily as it was set. She watched with surprised eyes as the fire started to disappear from the house, especially the places the water was pouring in.

 

She looked behind her, and saw the boys staring at her with drenched clothes. Chanyeol was raising his left hand, and he immediately lowered it down when the fire was over. She thanked the god Chanyeol was here before she can do anything - god knows she takes a long time in doing anything related to powers she doesn't know - and stared back at the house.

 

Now that the fire was turned off, the firemen all marched inside the house with their yellow suits. Sora bit down on her fingers, fear consuming her body when everything drowned into her. Her mother's house was on fire, her mother is inside, her sister is inside and her husband as well. The thought her mom wouldn't make it in time brought a lump through , and she clutched on her clothes hardly, nails digging inside the fabric. 

 

She felt fingers brush her cheek

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter