In this together

The Exchange
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Wait.

 


Hold on a second.

 

 

Sora pushed Baekhyun away from her hug by his wrist. Extremely wide eyes greeted him when he stared down at her in confusion. His confused state soon turned sheepish when he realized she didn't expect that. Perhaps he shouldn't have said it like that, maybe he should have confronted her much earlier. Its just that he was so into the moment that he didn't knew what nonsense he was saying.

 


"I really feel like hitting you right now," Sora commented with a blank face, causing the colors to drain from his face. He took a step back, hesitance in his movements. He seemed to remember when he talked to her about the bracelet, when she told him she will slap whoever that gave her the bracelet. Now that he remembered, he seemed extra scared.

 

"W-would you do it?" Sora sighed. The look on his face was making her speechless. He was innocently blinking his eyes on edge, waiting for the time her hand would raise and smack him on the face. It was slightly disturbing to think of Sora like this.

 


"What does '18' represents?" She asked, crossing her arms across her chest in a relaxed manner. Baekhyun fidgeted with his fingers, eyes darting down to the floor under him.

 


"You are an artist. If you connected the two numbers it would make a 'B' letter.." Mumbling with an extremely low voice, Baekhyun refused to stare at her. He feels so ashamed now, back then the idea was really good to him, Chen and Chanyeol even helped him - yeah, it's slightly hard to believe Chanyeol helped him because he was such a blank faced person back then - but now? Now he feels stupid. She would think it's cheesy and return it back to him. Why would she even want to bear his letter around her wrist?

 


"Was that 'S' medallion of yours for my name?" There was amusement laced with her tone, and Baekhyun's head lowered even more to the ground, a deep blush covering his cheeks. 

 


"Wow Baekhyun, this is a whole new level," Sora giggled at him, and she could see from her position that his ears were turning deeply red from embarrassment. She was laughing and teasing him, but her cheeks were in the same shade of redness as Baekhyun's. 

 

Baekhyun felt an arm wrap around his shoulder - his hawk demon squealed, indicating that the arm brushed him away from his shoulder - and pulled him lower to the ground in a head-lock. Baekhyun yelped in surprise, and Sora laughed at his surprised expression as she rubbed his hair. His hair was unexpectedly extremely soft, Sora felt like she never wanted to extract her hands away. 

 

She poked her tongue teasingly at his hawk - who was now flying around them, squeaking for her to leave his master so he can return to his place - and let go of Baekhyun. His hair was fluffed in every direction, his cheeks flushed and his eyes were in crisscross as he tried staring at his hair.

 

Taking his hand in hers before he can fix his hair, Sora dragged him away from the alley in a hurry. Turning to smile at him cheekily when he yelped at the sudden pull. 

 

"Lets go on a date! It will be my first official one!" 

 

Baekhyun's heartbeat increased in his heart. He stared at her back with wide eyes, wondering if he was hearing things in his head or she really did say they'll be going on a date. What does this mean? Is she really accepting his feelings now? After all those years?

 


-

 


"Thanks for ordering, your food will be here soon!" The jumpy waitress squeaked softly before bowing really deep. Sora thought her movement was because of Baekhyun's presence beside her. She is young after all, and Baekhyun is a royal. Who wouldn't be liking that goofball. 

 

Sora smiled at the waitress before turning to look at Baekhyun in front of her. She found him already staring at her, and he flinched at her sudden snap of head and looked away, cheeks burning red from the embarrassment of him being caught for the first time in watching her.

 

Sora squinted at him with a grin, as if teasingly telling him she saw his actions. Baekhyun pretended he doesn't know of her stares. He stared at the window, lips pursed into thin line and fingers tapping irregularly on the table's surface. Everyone could tell he was nervous.

 

"So Baek! Can you tell me about yourself?" Sora spoke loudly, catching the attention of the other workers in the restaurant. Baekhyun bowed at them on her behalf, and she smiled sheepishly at him with a peace sign.

 

"What do you want to know?" He mumbled, still tapping annoyingly at the surface of the table. His hawk demon, that was now resting lazily on the table beside his master and Sora yawning loudly before dropping his tiny head into the table in boredom.

 


"Everything!! You know almost everything about me right? I mean nobody really knows i can draw! How did you know about that anyway?" This time, Sora lowered her tone so only the two of them would hear. She draped her head into her palms that were resting on the table, staring at him without breaking her gaze away.

 

Baekhyun fidgeted under her gaze, and wondered how the hell he was able to act so tough and cool in front of her all these years. Maybe because that time she didn't know about his feelings so he didn't really feel anything, but now he feels exposed, especially with the knowing stare she was giving him. However; he swears her eyes would twinkle every time his eyes would lock with hers. 

 


"Ehm.. In your fourteen birthday. You were sitting alone under that ugly tree - that was made by Kyungsoo's first attempt, which would explain why disfigured it was - you and Sehun weren't friends anymore. It was your birthday, and you were alone.. I've seen you scribble some different drawings in your school notebooks.. You seemed really passionate about it," Baekhyun spoke, smiling softly at the memory of her little self sitting under the big tree to cover under its shadows. She had a collection of colored pencils and she was so into the drawing. She haven't been so concentrated into something before and Baekhyun was mesmerized, he knew she had fallen in love with that kind of art. 

 


"You have a really beautiful smile," Sora mumbled, hypnotized by the soft smile he had shown. Baekhyun's smile grew, and he thinned his lips in attempt to hide it. Sora could see it though, the twinkle of his eyes and the plumb skin of his cheeks indicating his smile. She found herself smiling back, and with a small soft tsk of deep thinking; she blurted.

 

"And eyeliner really suits you. You are not wearing any now; but when you do it shows your eyes. I prefer your black hair; but your hair now is just as perfect. How can you make it so soft..?" By now, Baekhyun's neck was also red. His entire face was so crimson that Sora thought it would explode. Sora chuckled heartily at his face, and she found her heart swell in easiness at the fact she enjoyed his company so much. 

 

"What do you like about me?" Her question surprised him, and the redness slowly faded away. Baekhyun stared at her straight in the eyes. Sora gulped at the intense gaze he was giving her. He almost looked like he was eating her with his stares, and she felt heat spread in her body.

 

"Everything about you drives me insane," this time it was Sora's time to be flushed into deep crimson red that made him smile cheekily, knowing it was him that caused that expression on her face. He wasn't flirting; he was telling the truth. Every thing about Lee Sora makes him go crazy. From her laugh, her eyes to even her body. She was just too gorgeous to him. It's just her foul mouth that needs some fixing. 

 

"You can't just say that!" Sora groaned, burying her face into her palms to hide her blush from his scrutinizing glances. Baekhyun unconsciously pulled out a smirk; his bad boy side taking charge of himself without him realizing. Living a few years with that character can be hard to just stop.

 


"Are you blushing? Did you like it that much?" Sora hit him on the arms, giving him a glare with red cheeks while he cracked in laughter on the seat beside her. 

 


"Shut up!" 

 


Baekhyun stopped laughing to softly ruffle her hair, giving her a tender smile that made her soften and smile back at him. He can now more comfortably; though she still replies with snark, she at least knows he is aware of the softness behind her words.

 

"Food's here!" Suddenly, the food was flying towards them by a telekinetic force. Unlike Luhan who always seemed to move objects collectively and calmly; the food coming their was was wiggling. Not entirely so it's containers would spill, but enough to make Sora on edge. 

 

Sora lifted her head to stare at the waitress girl who was doing the telekinetic thing and smiled uneasily. She didn't quite like the way the girl's eyes turned into hearts while staring at Baekhyun beside her.

 


Placing the food surprisingly, neatly, The waitress bowed again with her bashful grin before staggering away from the table. Sora snorted loudly at the girl's obvious behaviors. She was totally being cutesy in order to grab Baekhyun's attention. Too bad for her; he was already in love with Sora.

 

 

"You are so jealous.." Muttering softly under his breath, Baekhyun smiled shyly and started poking the soup in front of him without lifting his eyes to stare at Sora. Sora squinted her eyes at Baekhyun, wanting to blurt a comeback but stopping herself. He can win this time, she wasn't about to bother him and his small share of happiness. 

 


Clapping her hands enthusiastically, Sora grinned at Baekhyun before looking down at the steaming food. It wasn't anything fancy; just mashed potatoes without butter, hot soup without spice, and a cup of icy cold water. Sora was starving, so she didn't really comment on her portion as much as she thought she would. She just silently ate. 

 

Baekhyun watched her eat with soft pair of eyes, his food untouched. As cheesy and cliche as it sounds; he was full just by watching her eat appetizingly. 

 


"So Baek, when are you going to teach me how to play with your powers?" With mouth stuffed; Sora spoke. Baekhyun took a napkin from beside his plate and handed it to her, pointing at his lips after she gave him a wondering gaze. You got something on your lips was what he answered her, and Sora blushed softly when she realized her dorky eating habits were spotted. 

 


"We can do it now if you want," he suggested softly, nippling on his bland beef and giving some slices to his demon hawk who gobbled it like the predator he was. 


"SURE! I want to color my hair all the time," she giggled, and Baekhyun smiled softly before shaking his head.

 

"You can't change your hair color. You can make everyone see your hair colored."

 

"You mean, I can't see it myself?"

 

"You can, if you implied the trick on yourself, which I don't recommend you to do," Sora frowned at his words, her utensils forgotten at the words he said. Baekhyun gave his hawk another piece of meat, and then turned his head to look at her, flinching softly when he realized she was squinting at him.

 

"Why?" He sighed at her question, knowing that she would question him about why he didn't recommend her to do that.

 

"Okay, let me tell you this. What happens if you inflected hallucinations upon yourself? What would you feel seeing monsters in front of you? Seeing whatever you wanted to see in your mind coming to life in front of you? It's not very good thing to do, it has lots of negative impact. I know you only want to change your hair color; but once you imply the power upon you, every ounce of imagination will be unleashed." He explained, and Sora found herself nodding her head in understanding. It was kind of dangerous; she doesn't really want her deepest, darkest fears to come alive in front of her. She wouldn't be Sora the mimic, she would be Sora the cowered seventeen year old girl. 

 


"Well, can you teach me how to control light then?" Sora questioned, a clueless expression on her face. Baekhyun nodded, and all of a sudden the restaurant they were in disappeared and Sora found herself sitting in a table for two in the middle of the air. What's under them is the beach. 

 

"Ah!" She exclaimed in fright, and clutched her hands around Baekhyun's when he reached them to hold her. She looked around her in alarm, seeing that she is in a ridiculously unrealistic place. For starters they were hanging in the air, with their table and chairs stable as ever like they are landed on the floor. The air was the same homey soft brushes just like the air around the restaurant. 

 

She looked at Baekhyun, who was biting so hard on his lips to muffle his laughter. She glared at him, withdrawing her hands from his to smack him on them. He burst on laughter when she did that and she huffed and sulked in her place in embarrassment.

 

"This is all made up Sora, don't you worry. We are still at the restaurant currently but I'm making you see the beach." Baekhyun explained with a grin - a rectangular one - and brushed her hair softly to the side, revealing her dark brown eyes. 

 


"Don't worry, I won't make you fall. I'll catch you." Though his words were solely on this place; and meant only for this time; Sora couldn't help but blush deeply at his words as no one had ever told her that before even though she shared some deep kisses with some of the royals. 

 

"Alright.. What should i do now?" She mumbled, and Baekhyun sighed audibly before clicking his fingers together. A ball of light appeared on his two fingers, and when he opened his palm the light grew rounder and traveled to his palm.

 

"Light is really simple. You can conjure it from almost anything. It is mostly colorful energies. Lights can be consumed and can be enlarged, it's up to you whether option to choose. For example; if you wanted to conjure light in the palm of your hand like me, concentrate on the energy around you. I mostly take it from the sun since it's the easiest and always there you know? Even in the night it reflects its light on the moon." Baekhyun explained, and Sora hastily stood up from her place. She knows she is still at the restaurant, but she readied her flight orb anyway so she can fly immediately if something drastically happened to her body as she walked. Heading to where Baekhyun sat, she ignored his confused glance before sitting herself beside him. She took his wrist, the one with the glowing palm and closed it to her face.

 

"Can i conjure light from your light?"

 

"As long as it is energy, yeah you can." Baekhyun silenced himself after that, watching as Sora hovered her open palm on top of his. Her fingers ghostly brushed against his tips, and he had to gulp his saliva so he won't just grab her hands and kiss her right now. 

 

Closing her eyes, Sora called upon his yellowish orb. Immediately, the orb danced it's way out of Sora in soft gushes. The light in Baekhyun's hands colored from bright yellow into dark blue, and softly it was from his hands and traveled in between her fingers teasingly. Sora opened her eyes when she felt the warm sensation around her hands. She grinned happily when she saw the small colorful balls of light circle around her fingers.

 

She stated at Baekhyun triumphantly, and he smiled right back at her before taking her glowing hand in his, intertwining their fingers softly. The light in her hands traveled from her own fingers to bounce playfully between their hands, changing into different colors from red, blue, yellow and neon pink. Baekhyun looked at Sora weirdly, noticing the sudden change in the colors to find her blushing hardly while staring at their fingers. He let go of her hands slowly, hesitant at first but ful

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter