What a tease!

The Exchange
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


Returning home was harder than what she thought it would be, especially since Baekhyun is apart of their group now. She hadn't thought she would meet him halfway through her sneaking plan, but she did find him with Yoora. The thought of the girl brought anger to Sora's body. She gets that she is his best friend and of course he would run to her when in distress; but she doesn't know why she wants to hit her so badly now especially since she seems to clutch onto Baekhyun every time she sees her, as if Sora would take him away from her. 

Taking a step inside the house and closing the door behind her; Sora almost snorted out loud in amusement when she saw them still arguing about whose going to sleep with Sora first, completely ignoring the bewildered look upon Yoora's face. Somehow the thought of them thinking about her in the presence of Yoora made her slightly thrilled.

Walking inside the living room, Sora sat herself next to Suho - who somehow knew she wasn't beside them the entire time as he gave her a glare - and he immediately stretched his left arm around her on the couch almost unconsciously, causing her heartbeat to increase even if he wasn't looking at her. 

Yoora stood silently in the start; watching as Sehun and Kai argued about whose younger and who has the right to be sleeping with Sora first, and then she shifted her eyes upstairs - Sora thought she was wondering about Baekhyun's whereabouts since he wasn't with the guys how she claimed - after that Sora smirked when Yoora's eyes bored into hers. 

To make everything even worse for Yoora; Suho trailed his hand from the couch to Sora's shoulder, pulling her closely to his shoulder blade. Sora would have pushed him away, but then again she was cold and his embrace was warm. The entire boys already knows of their relationship - if there is one - and Yoora was watching, it's like killing three birds with one stone. 

".. And then i was like, 'fine I can't have a say in this." Sora snapped her head away from Yoora - who was sitting beside Luhan now, who Sora could not help but feel there was some kind of awkward tension between them - and looked up at Xiumin who was currently pouting with his arms crossed above his chest. Raising an amused eyebrow, Sora was about to question him about his sudden mood swings, but Suho noticed and leaned to whisper in her ears, holding her more closer to his body to be able to do so.

And Yoora was still watching.

"He is angry that this sleeping arrangements came up with his appointment with his parents today," Sora nodded softly, ignoring the brushes of Suho's lips against her ear as he whispered. She shifted softly when her body shivered entirely, looking up at Xiumin, Sora bit a smile at the pouty expression he was making.

"Oh shut up Hyung. You'll still get your turn after Luhan tomorrow," Chanyeol grumbled at Xiumin who glared icily at the boy causing the older ones to chuckle. Suho squeezed Sora's shoulder when he laughed but she too was giggling softly to notice. 

"Hey Sora? Aren't you sleepy?" Xiumin's taunting voice - as a payback for Chanyeol - caused him to whine softly while chucking a pillow at his face. 

"Not quite, i'm still pretty energetic," 

"Hey Luhan hyung? Can we switch turns? I'm sure you aren't comfortable enough with Sora right?" Kai ducked his head softly between Chanyeol's shoulder who was sitting next to him so he can stare at Luhan with his puppy like eyes, hoping that he would win him over and he would agree with him.

Every head turned to look at Luhan, even Yoora who was starting to understand the situation little by little. Luhan's blank eyes widened softly for a millisecond- Sora noticed by the bond of course - and he stopped patting his black jaguar demon for a moment to stare at his friends.

"But i'm the strongest. It's better if I was the first one to watch over her," 

"Pfft, we all know Kris Hyung and Suho Hyung are the strongest," Kai replied back, rolling his eyes at the boy. Luhan's eyes darkened visibly and his aura strengthened unconsciously while staring at the tanned kid. Sora shivered and Suho thought she was cold, since Luhan's mood swings were a regular thing for him now. He brought her closer to his chest and rubbed his hands on her exposed arms. Sora saw Yoora lean down into Tao to whisper something in his ears while pointing at them with her eyes. When she did that Sora found it in her to and leaned down to Suho's ears to whisper a soft 'thanks' before making herself comfortable in her new position.

"Ooh you are doomed.." Chanyeol lowered his voice tone, as if wanting to make the atmosphere more scary. Kai slapped him on his face and looked back at Luhan almost nervously, as if really thinking over Chanyeol's words.

"Thats dumb Kai. Just because they are the leaders doesn't mean they are stronger, okay?" 

"Just admit the fact you are head over heels with Sora and can't bear the sight of her sleeping with someone els..- Oww Luhan Hyung!" Sehun covered his face that was brutally hit by a flying pillows - consisted of Kai's, Chanyeol's, and Chen's pillows - with his telekinesis all at the same time, making him covered with a bundle of fabric and cotton. 

"Say, aren't we supposed to train some powers today?" Sora interrupted their conversation - and abuse to one another- and asked. She didn't want to admit the reason she did so was because she was starting to get embarrassed especially by the way they said Luhan is head over heels with her. The thought only made her blush extra hard.

"We were supposed to, but it's getting late. We will do that the first thing tomorrow,"

-
With a yawn, Sora turned off the TV and stretched her arms tightly with a relieved moan. All residents of the house has already dropped dead in their beds; Sora won't even start at how relieved they were when they found out she wasn't heading to bed early with Luhan, especially since he was getting sleepy and went to bed earlier than most of them. She doesn't know what the boys have thought about even if they did head to bed together; it's not like she will be sleeping in the same bed with him or snuggle him to death. They are practically nemesis, and there is no way a bonding was about to happen anytime soon, though she honestly wanted Luhan to open up to her and start being nice towards her instead of his grumpy old self. 

She haven't seen Xiumin get out of the house the entire time she was watching the TV, but then again she had been busy cooking some ramyun packs - she stole from her old wardrobe from her old house, the packs were old since she haven't gotten the time to go to the human world, but they were edible enough - he could have left when she was in the kitchen.

Walking out of the house - this time she took a heavy scarf, a jacket and put on long boots - and closed the door with her. It wasn't so late in the night, but it wasn't early either. It was midnight, and since she doesn't have school tomorrow - school starts the day after, she can't believe this but she totally miss the school - She feels like she needs some fresh air; especially since she has been thinking bout everything happening in her life now. 

Sounds of something knocking against a hard surface interrupted her chaotic thoughts. She froze abruptly and glanced sideways in horror; eyes widening visibly under the moon light. She wasn't the bravest person alive, she had made that pretty clear already; but bravery suddenly erupted in her, and she absolutely wanted to know who the hell was lurking outside their house. Maybe they - whoever they are - are the cult members, maybe they are planing for another murder. She is ought to make them pay for the deeds they did at school; especially since nobody knows their headquarters.

"Xiumin??!" Sora yelled loudly, unbelievingly loud that Xiumin's body flinched so hard at the sudden commotion. She hadn't expected to see Xiumin, with his full winter wear playing with an icy .. Circle thingy? Anyhow; he was in the middle of the backyard, just beside the pool - there was a huge space there, the house is ridiculously big anyway -  and he was softly kicking on the icy ball, a small duffle bag laying helplessly around it. 

"Oh, hey Sora. Why the loud exclaim?" Calmly, Xiumin returned to kicking his soft ball of ice on the ground, like he hadn't even been shaking just now with her sudden presence. Sora raised her eyebrows up and walked closer to him. She glanced down at the rolling ball - it was curved perfectly, it almost looked like a real blue ball if it wasn't of the white hue surrounding it from it's coldness - and wondered what the hell he was doing.

"Oh, i've seen this at the human world when we went there together. A bunch of guys were playing with this plastic thingy and it sparked my curiosity," Xiumin explained softly, still circling his legs around the ball. He had noticed her curious expression, it was as obvious as the sun in daylight. Sora scratched her head, trying to put the pieces together. What was it that he had seen at the humans? Bunch of boys playing with round plastic? Sora brightened when she realized the object he was mentioning and exclaimed happily.

"A ball!" 
Xiumin turned his attention at her and gave her a clueless expression. He doesn't even know what the hell that was, was she just telling what that round thingy's name? 

"Yes! It's name! We call it a ball, you kick it around for fun." Pleased with her answer, Sora smiled brightly and headed to the ball wanting to kick it. But immense pain spread around her front foot when she did so, making her bouncy.

"Owe owe owe! What the hell!" Xiumin stared blankly at her for a second before giggling cutely at her dumb action.

"Its ice, what did you expect it to be?"

"Fluffy and easy to kick? Duh," giving him its-so-obvious expression, Sora placed her foot back at the floor and hopped around to test her feet. Feeling no pain, she grinned and walked back to stand beside him. 

"You have to activate it with your powers dummy,"
"Oh, sometimes i forget i have powers," Sora chuckled lightly and squinted at the ball, with a smile she walked to it and took a deep sigh before kicking it, sending it rolling away from her feet to the other side of the pool.

She groaned loudly when it fell into the water, Xiumin watching her silently as she went to retrieve it. Bending down in front of the pool - she was clutching on the grass around her so she won't fall, even if she was quite good to dive in - she dipped her fingers in the water, commanding it to give the ball back. With a soft wave, the ball was pushed towards her and she took it easily. Walking back to Xiumin with a wide grin, she re-created the ice that melted, though her ball was slightly curvy since she at making straight round things even if she excelled the power.

"Here, lets try this again!"

"You are really good at controlling our powers now," Sora stopped trying to kick the ball and stared at him with wide, blinking eyes. He smiled at the sight and fluffed her hair. He doesn't know why he feels so comfortable around her, but then again they have been the ever first friends from his brothers with her, of course they would be comfortable around each other now. 

"Oh yeah, i think. It's not very hard controlling them anyway," 
Silence lingered around them and Sora silently watched him kick the ball softly. There was a soft glow in his eyes every time the ball pounced away from his feet, a simple glitter in his soul that made Sora smile softly at. Something tells her he would be really good earthling - humanling?- in the human world if he only lived there.

"Are you really into that game?" Xiumin hummed as a reply to her question, and Sora clapped her hands enthusiastically at his soft nod. She took a small step towards him and stole the ball from his feet with her own, making him raise his eyebrows at her sneaky movement.

"It works like this. You have to take the ball from me and i have to take it from you, there should be two nets; one for you and for me behind ours backs so that we can't shoot into each other's net. But since there is none we will play the easy one. I'll try to scoot the ball away from you and you try to take it from me," Sora's smile widened when she saw his eyes glimmer even harder and his fist curl around his sides from excitement. She took a step back, the ball with her in tow. She wasn't the best player in the world; in fact she horribly; but she at least knows the basics, and she can teach him what she knows. 

"Oh and Xiumin, no hands allowed! No pushing, no touching, and no kicking my legs Okay? Be fair!" The glow disappeared from his eyes, and Xiumin seemed hesitant for a second, making Sora yell 'what' loudly, and he rolled his eyes.

"You are a girl, are you sure about this!?" She gasped loudly and placed a hand on her chest, as if she was deeply offended when she wasn't in reality. She understands his fears, he doesn't want anything to happen to her; and she appreciates that.

"Now you are being ist," though she was serious, she had a smile on her face, because she knows he doesn't mean it that way. Xiumin rolled his eyes at her sassiness and smiled softly. He hopped around excitedly before shouting a small 'ready?' and Sora nodded eagerly before their match starts.

-

"Hey Xiumin..?" Sora

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter