Mourn in the Oh household

The Exchange
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All one can hear is the heavy stomps of feet as they all followed the steps of that fragile soul who was running like his life depended on it. 

      Sora panted heavily, following after Sehun to the direction of the hospital. Somehow one of the boys managed to take his phone and ring an urgent call to his parents and the elders, who said they were already waiting in front of the hospital doors.       Sora does not know why she followed them, but the huge fear that spread along Sehun's spine rushed to her own as she gulped big amounts of saliva, trying to wet .        She stood numbly on the sidelines as she watched Sehun interact with one of the doctors responsible for his mother's room, ignoring the heavy bow of head he greeted them with, they were too engrossed in the current situation to care about honorifics.         She stood looking at Sehun falling down on his knees in tears, a crestfallen expressions soon spreading in the other boys' faces. She realized something is terribly off with the latter's mom. She saw Yoora crawling down to comfort the boy, but all he did was back away from her with a hiss, as if daring her to comfort him. The boys also tried to talk sanely to him, but all you could hear is the loud wailings of his.     Though the sight broke the girl's heart, she couldn't rush over to comfort the lad as a strange sensation of numbness spread along her eyesight and in no time, the surroundings turned blurry and unfocused, the voices of a wailing Sehun and broken boys were muffled down, all she could see was the blurry sights of a strange blue and golden locks of lights that seemed so much like a hair strand flowing around her. She turned her head softly to the back, fear creeping inside her stomach when she could hear a hissing sound from behind. No one was behind her, except of those colorful locks, everything seemed normal though it was blurry. She heard the hissing again, and now it was from the front. She looked forward and yet again there was nothing in sight, yet a strange echoing voice vibrated through her earbuds.       "This is just the beginning Lee Sora... Hand yourself, or more bad things will happen,"        The voice seemed extremely foreign to her ears, the of the beholder was unknown. The voice was mixed between a female and a male voice, which made it extremely hard to be recognized.      Sora's surroundings turned normal, the hard hiccups of Sehun and the hushing sounds of the boys. They were so vivid that she gasped hardly at the sudden changes, it felt like she had time-traveled and was thrown back to her rightful time.       The words of comfort that radiated from the boys' mouths clicked something in Sora's ears, her eyes widened as her heartbeat accelerated.       Sehun's mother passed away.        Without waiting for any distractions, she rushed toward Sehun's hunched body and curled herself in front of him, enveloping him in her arms like her life depended on it.       Surprisingly, Sehun did not push her away like the rest, instead, he weeped so hard that he could no longer breathe straight, his hiccups hurt Sora to no measures to the point where she teared with him. No matter how jerky Sehun had treated her, no matter how bad he acted towards her, how much he bullied her and neglected her as a friend after she preferred him over everything and everyone, he still is someone important to her, his mother just passed away and the reason could be because of her, the least she could do is comfort him.       Not only that, the tug of the bond created was almost as if her own mother died, and her tears streamed down unconsciously as she hugged the boy, surprising everyone around her at the sudden affection she had for the boy.        "Please stop crying... Everything will be alright okay? Everything will be fine.." The comforting words that came out of was weak and wavering, it still gave some comfort in Sehun who finally lifted his arms to hug her, pulling her so close to him that she was literally sitting on his lap, straddling him with his head buried on her chest. Though the position was a very intimating one, none of the two seemed to realize it as they were too busy dwelling in their sorrows.        Calmness mixed with the tears of Sehun was the only thing heard in the entire place, some of the commoner people stood awed at the scene in front of them as Sehun hugged the life out of Sora, who didn't complain and kept mumbling some comforting words to him.        "You know when you said you'll never cry if ever one of your parents died or perhaps had an accident? You said you won't cry because you have me and the boys.. You remember, right?" Sora leaned her head to whisper in his ears, tears still streaming down her eyes at the sight of her heartbroken friend. She knows that when he said those words he was just thirteen and knows nothing about life, and that in that specific day he was grounded because he skipped a class and only said it out of anger, but she had to find a way for him to feel comforted at least the bit.     She felt him stiffen, and his arms around her loosened. He turned his head to rest his cheek on her shoulder, looking down at the floor with teary eyes.       "I was stupid.." His hoarse voice greeted her and she bit her lips to suppress her sobs. She looked down at him and pinched his cheeks softly.       "No you were not, you were just too optimistic and had this amazing girl at your side.." She smiled weakly when she heard his soft chuckles, taking her hands up to brush his fallen tears softly like a baby.        Sora felt his arms around her tighten and her heartbeat went louder. As if just realizing their positions the girl blushed hardly but didn't make the attempt to remove their arms away from each other.       Brushing her fingers in between his blonde locks, she mumbled.       "I'm sorry Sehun-ah, you still got me and the boys yeah? Even Yoora.. We are all here for you.." Sehun's mother wasn't an evil witch like most of the royal's parents, which would explain the overly childish behaviors of his. He actually liked his parents even if they were strict, they were like that because he was an only child and was overly sensitive, the fact he didn't receive any powers until he was a teenager was hard too. Except for treating him like a nobody, like some parents she knows, they actually cared for him and even hid him away in his house in fear of hurting himself - and others - when he developed his powers, losing his mom must be hard for him.       Surprisingly, his father and the rest of the elders didn't interrupt and went away on their own, dragging a very frustrated Suho, by the shirt was how, and left the place, Kris trudging behind them as his own choice.        "Are you still mad at me?" The soft whispers of Sehun made her gulp and unconsciously her grip on him tightened.     "No.. Not anymore," Although she still feels a slight suffocation inside her ribs, she just couldn't voice out her discomfort for the boy who his mother just passed away. The squeeze in her heart that was voiced out by the tightening hug did not go unnoticed by the lad, the swizzling feelings in his heart because of the bond told him exactly that her words were half true, and he found himself loosen his grip on her to look up at the girl, leaning his back on the wall with his arms circled around her waist, a move that caused half of the boys to scowl.       "Why are you crying?" She wiped her tears right away, realizing that she was indeed crying and perhaps he felt the hesitation in her tone. She gave off a faint smile, reaching her hands to wipe his new round of tears.       "Because of you stupid, I care for you," he gave a small smile, and once again he took her in her arms, squeezing her in his body as if she is the one needing the comfort and not the other way around.       "You are so stupid, but you are my stupid."      --       'Finally!'      With a sigh, Sora closed Sehun's bedroom door shut before strolling downstairs. Right after they departed from the hospital grounds, the elders were super calm about the situation and let Sehun take the two upcoming weeks a rest, considering his mother just passed away, guess they still have a small share of mercy inside those rotten hearts of theirs.        Now that Sehun finally fell asleep after crying his entire heart out, Sora was set free and could freely ro
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter