Mutual action(s)

The Exchange
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

'Chanyeol, you sneaky bastard..' 


Sora stared at the glittering glass of water she was holding with her both hands. She was solemnly sitting on the kitchen's table, eyes glaring holes at her water with her mind thinking elsewhere. She swears that she'll never forget about the sweet words Chanyeol had told her. Even though these two are still to have romantic feelings towards each other, she appreciates the fact he knows he is fated to her and that he will eventually develop feelings towards her. Maybe because he was the only one who knows about her fears, her true emotions on the whole harem matter. Moreover, Sora was glad he is ready to accept her fully as more than a friend. 


She wasn't so sure about Baekhyun, but Chanyeol seemed extremely confident about his friend. He told her he and Baek already belongs to her, she doesn't know Baekhyun much, but Chanyeol does; and for sure he wasn't spouting nonsense right? But Sora still has her doubts for the boy. Speaking of which, when Sora ran downstairs away from Chanyeol's cuddling sessions, Baekhyun was not in the house, and until now he is still nowhere to be found. She wondered if he had went to the elders to the other royals.

 

Sora was completely alone now, Chanyeol is probably dropped asleep by now, especially since he had a huge wound on his abdomen. She was so bored, if she hadn't pierced a spear of ice into the boy's stomach, she would be probably training one of her powers by now. She wonders when the boys will be home.

 

She unlocked her phone, and realized there was a text message from Suga. Strange, she doesn't recall giving him her phone number since she doesn't frequently use the phone - she still thinks It's very hard to use, remind her to ask one of the boys how to get a hold on it - it was getting night by now, Suga is probably home lying on his bed to get ready for sleep. Sora wondered if he knows about the whole incident with Chanyeol, because for a person who seeks forgiveness, he did not visit her not even once. This is the first time she hears from him after she woke up, but she isn't complaining, because she is still suspicious of him.


'Hey, you free tomorrow? I wanna go on a date with you! Haha kidding, i just wanna hang out, want to hang out too?'

 

Strange, Sora wanted to say. His message was so sudden, and he seemed really cheerful, as if nothing between them had ever happened. Sora didn't know how to reply at him, and titled the phone to the side like a lunatic kid. 

 

"You should reply to that,"


"Pfft as if I didn't try to..- wait, where did you come from?" Sora stared wide eyed at the boy, who appeared out of no where with a small, dimpled smile on his face. Lay easily trudged to her side and leaned his head to stare at her phone with interest, which seemed to tick something into Sora's stomach.

 

"Its a new phone.. A present," Sora spoke again before he can even voice out his question. She suddenly felt so nervous with his presence and immediately started fidgeting with her fingers. Lay smiled again and nodded his head.


"Yeah i know," 

 

"You do?" Sora raised an eyebrow, completely bewildered with his easy going answer. It was like the easiest answer he had ever said, and she was surprised he nodded. Sora didn't want to press on the matter anymore and watched silently as Lay walked to the fridge and took the water jug to pour himself a glass.


"So.. How come I didn't notice you coming in?" Sora asked Lay, looking down at the floor as she threw her phone on the side and started playing with her fingers. The mere presence of Lay around her makes her heartbeat increase, and oh she was sure Lay can feel it as well. 


"You were too immersed in your thoughts to hear the front door opening," he smiled at her, eyeing her with an intense look as he drank his glass of water in one swig. Sora face-palmed at her stupidness and hopped down from the counter.

 

"I have tons of questions to ask you," Lay took a closer step to her with an easy smile, mimicking her position in crossing her arms on her chest. He raised a silent eyebrow up, allowing her to ask him whatever she wanted to ask.

 

"That time when you gave me a copy of your powers. You showed me a.... Rather dark side of your powers. Can you give me a clear explanation on it?" At her question, Lay took a closer step to her, trapping her in between his body and the counter behind her. Sora didn't seem to notice his actions, as her orbs were enclosed deeply to his.

 

"Are you afraid of me?" He whispered, a strange look flashed through his eyes that Sora could not understand, even his emotions were frozen inside of him, as he did not want her to know what he was feeling. 


"No.. I'm just curious," and she wasn't lying, she really was just curious. She admits she was scared of him in the beginning, but now she was just plain curious, especially that his powers were surging through her own body too. 

 

"Fair enough, sit down first," Lay tangled his arms around her hips and easily lifted her up to seat her on the counter, returning her back to her first position. Sora let out a soft squeal of surprise, holding Lay's shirt in attempt to not fall off the counter. Lay send her a stunning smile before resting his back on the fridge, letting go of her body in the process.

 

Immediately the warmth his body was giving disappeared and Sora was left with nothing but coldness. She hoped Lay stayed closer to her so she would have enough of his body heat. 

 

"In every power us the royals have, there is this deep side that none of us show. For example my powers to everyone is healing and thats it, i can heal everything i can touch. But if i can heal a wound, i can also make it worse than before. My powers may be the weakest to everyone around me, but they are wrong." Lay once again took a few steps closer to Sora, leaving no distance between them. He lifted his fingers and pointed his index into her forehead, touching her skin. 

 

"While you are sitting right here i can decrease your heart beats slowly and painfully until your heart stops functioning completely.." Lay stopped talking once he realized the girl was starting to get scared with his words, but she is the one who wanted to know. Besides; he can't even hurt her if he wants to.

 

"For a reason unknown, I can't use my powers on you. Maybe because you have the same power running in your vein? My powers and the others are completely different from each other. For me, i can feel someone's aura, i can tell if you were tired or sad or in pain without the connection with you. It's just that ever since we bonded and i started to feel more than just that," Lay placed both of his arms around her body, resting his palms on the surface of the counter. Sora held her breath as Lay started to lean his face closer to hers, making her cheeks color into a deep crimson color. 

 

"There is another side of my powers too, I think I should teach you when we get free. Since i have the powers to healing but cannot heal myself, i was rewarded with another quality to avoid getting hurt. I can shut down the pain buds in my body that I cannot feel any pain if i was hit, that equals of having no bruises or disfunction in the area of the hit,"


"Isn't that the same as healing yourself?" 


"No it's not, healing myself should be immediate and with pain. If i had the ability to heal myself, then I wouldn't have to activate the power every time someone hurts me. Unlike this strange quality i have, i have to be alert and aware of the hit someone would give me before it happens, or else it wouldn't work and I would be hurt and in pain like a normal person," 

 

"Does anyone know about this?" Sora asked, tracing her fingers on Lay's face unconsciously. The whole healing thing was starting to make her dizzy, she didn't know Lay's powers can be this complex. She thought his powers are based on only healing physical wounds, she didn't know he has so many sides to his powers. It almost made him look dangerous to her, especially that his powers can cause someone's death if only he wanted to. 

 

"They know about everything except my dark side, you shouldn't tell anyone about it," Lay comfortably leaned his cheeks against Sora's palm. He too didn't seem to be aware of his actions. He didn't even realize he was standing between her legs, and that she was getting hypnotized by the closeness of his body and face to her.

 

"Is it why Suho decided to sacrifice Baekhyun on the rooftop, because he kno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter