Misfortune with a bloody wrist

The Exchange
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Now that I think of it, you never told me what your special power is!"


The excited tone of Sora did not go unnoticed by everyone in the class. They have a free period today, and everyone was scattered beside their friend's seats. Sora was seated beside Suga, who was eating a huge cup cake slice that was too plain to look delicious. It reminded Sora of the cake she ate in her birthday, the one she bought from that overly arrogant cashier. Even though it was a cake, it was really plain and has no chocolate or cream on its top, it gave Sora the impression that they have some goodies but lack the other half, the huge part. For example, they have cakes but they don't have chocolate or any vanilla cream. They have juices but they don't have any sodas. They have chips but not all types, mostly salty ones only. They have T.V's and shows, but they have only classical ones, where they have those awful old songs.

 

She really wonders why the elders keep a lot from their people.

 

Suga munched loudly on his food, giving her a puppy look as she sat down watching him, raising an amused eyebrow up at his childish acts.


"My powers? Well.. They aren't really special," Suga sheepishly smiled, rubbing the back of his neck that soon turned red from the embarrassment.


"Oh c'mon!! The fact you have one is special enough!" Sora encouraged the boy with a wide smile, an uncontrollable happiness were evident in her eyes. She crossed her arms eagerly above her chest, waiting for him to show her his 'not-so-special' powers.

 

"Okay, don't laugh though," he said with so much seriousness that made the girl stifle her laughter. Sora bit her lips, covering with her hand for extra measure. She waited silently for his show, believing for a second that he has crappy powers.

 

Suga darted his eyes to one of the chairs, where he looked for a vacant one, fearing that he would hurt someone if he used an occupied chair. Finally after spotting one vacant chair at the back of the classroom, he closed his eyes and lifted one finger, muttering some encouraging words to himself before slowly exhaling.

 

The chair suddenly levitated in the air, hovering for two seconds before falling down roughly to the ground, almost breaking in half. Suga opened his eyes hurriedly and looked at the chair, a sweat breaking on his forehead. 

 

Sora slowly darted her eyes back to the boy after watching the small show. She grinned excitedly at Suga and clapped her hands loudly, totally ignoring the surprised looks her classmates gave the both of them, they probably were shocked from the sudden action.


"Wah! Telekineses? Like Luhan's?" Sora did not notice the gleam of disappointment in Suga's eyes, instead she exclaimed loudly with a happy grin, finding his powers quite amazing even if he didnt excel perfectly in them. She did mention how telekineses was a pretty awesome gift.

 

"Not quite, I don't control anything, only metal." Suga managed to give her a small weak smile, wiping the sweat that dripped down his forehead in nervousness.


"But that still is awesome! Man I wish I can have your powers!"


"You could though.." Unconsciously to himself, Suga mumbled lowly and Sora's smile disappeared drastically. She huffed and crossed her arms above her chest, giving him a glare.


"But I would never take yours! Heck, I don't even know how to take someone's powers," 


"You still don't know how?"


"No, those assfaces haven't taught me yet. They at being trainers to be frank," Sora mumbled with an angry huff, looking down at her nails boringly.


She looked up at Suga when she felt the silence linger for a long time. She could immediately catch the frozen state he was as he looked at someone behind her, before she can look at whoever he was looking at, a thick book was slammed on her table, shocking the hell out of her.

 

"You, get out," she recognized Kris' static voice and immediately glared at him. She realized he was pointing at Suga, giving him a stinky eye as he dragged a chair from beside them, sitting his next to her, his eyes still glaring holes at Suga.


Suga gulped his saliva, shaking his head furiously before standing from his seat, attempting to leave the place if it wasn't for Sora who held his hands and dragged him back to his seat.


"What the heck...? Suga is not going anywhere. Who the hell do you think you are?" Sora scowled at Kris, who openly rolled his eyes at her before sending another heated glare to the boy, sending all kind of shivers down his spine.


"Get out. I'm so sure you know who I am right?" Instead of directing his words to Sora, he directed them to Suga, who was fidgeting hardly on his blazer sleeves, wondering who should he listen too, his future king and the powerful member of the Wu family, or the first girl friend he made friends with?


"Suga no, don't go. He won't do anything, he's all words without actions," Sora once again tried, giving another tug on his sleeves. Suga took a sneak peek at Kris who was still glaring at him with that face of his that screams 'get out or I'll kill you'.


"S-Sora.. W-we will talk later okay..? I think I forgot something on my locker! See you later!" Worriedly and with slight hesitation, Suga ran away from the scene with ducked face, not wanting to see either one of Sora's sad pout and Kris's triumphant smirk.


The moment Suga disappeared between the classroom doors, it was allowed to leave considering it's the last class of today, Sora really wanted to follow him, maybe she would give him a hit or two for leaving her before rewarding him with another lollipop.


"So I was looking for you for the past three classes and finally I got you," when Sora heard Kris' voice she snapped her head towards him and threw him a glare so hard that can kill a whole freaking demon if she liked. She swears Kris' crocodile whimpered at her glares but then again, it could be because of the anger she felt inside, she still has a small amount of powers that belongs to Kris inside of her that fortunately gives his demon access to her emotions.


"What the hell do you want? Is it so freaking important that you had to kick my friend away?" At her words Kris scoffed arrogantly, fixing his blonde locks under his black cap.


"Please! That douche has a bad vibe radiating from him and I would recommend you to stay away from him,"

 

"I don't need your recommendations, keep them to yourself," 


"Fine I'll be more than happy to do so, my amazing taste should stay rightfully to myself only or I wouldn't be special anymore,"


"God Kris you are so full of yourself," Sora muttered with a huff, making the boy smirk at her.

"Anyway, I need a favor from you," the serious vibe coming from Kris all of a sudden surprised the girl but she didn't show it as she raised an amused eyebrow up.


"And you think I would give you that because?" 


"Because I am an amazing person who wouldn't go around telling the elders about your sneaking habits to the human world," the smirk that lightened his face made her so angry that she cursed Kai in her head a billion times and swore she would cut his mouth the moment she sees him.


"I haven't sneaked out for ages now!" She tried defending herself, but she knows it was futile, the smirk that was oh so wide on his face proved so. 


"Just because you stopped doing it doesn't mean you weren't doing it before," she sighed heavily at him, mentally killing him with knives. She really wished she had one of those voodoo dolls where you stick a needle in any limp of it's body and the person you want gets poked too in real life. She would get twelve if it was available.


"Fine, what do you want you piece of ?" 

 

"Tsk tsk.. Rude much?" Kris rolled his eyes girlishly, taking back the book he dropped earlier before he opened the same page he opened before to Kai.


"This, I want to learn this. Kai said you were good at it and I really find it interesting," he grinned proudly at her, feeling that he did some kind of an achievement by just being interested in such a human thing.


Sora furrowed her eyes at the book, reading the small letters that carved the paper with so much concentration. She realized what Kris was pointing at was English language, and she really debated with herself. Does Kris, the arrogant snob who cares only about his looks and himself really wants to learn english? Why?


"Why?" Just like how she thought, she blurted the question with a stupid expression plastered on her face, like she had just saw something extremely alien.


"Because it's amazing and interesting, I want to learn it. Are you going to teach me or not?" Kris' looks could kill someone really, but after knowing the boy her entire life, she knows he was as stupid as cheese, but then again, that delicious food probably is more useful than Kris. 

 

"Do I have any other choices?" With a defeated sigh Sora muttered, dropping her head on her table with a frown.


"Nope! Let's work together at home, you know, we don't want anyone to know about your secret,"


"Our secret!"


"Pshhh whatever, laters!" Then he stood up, gave her a small smirk before walking away, not forgetting to take the heavy book away from her table.

 

Of course, he placed a small hit on her head with it before completely disappearing. 


--


"Guys! We have new orders!" The moment Suho strolled inside the training room, everyone dropped what they had in hand and immediately glanced at their leader.

 

Sora rolled her eyes at the boys before continuing her conversations with Suga. They were currently talking about the candy subject, Suga still wonders from where she brought them but Sora is stubborn, she refused to tell him anything, claiming that her secret holds more than just one person.

 

If only Kai was like her.. Sigh.


"What!!!" It was when they chorused all twelve together that her attention snapped back to them. She could see they were all staring at her with wide angry eyes as some of their mouths twitched in frustration.


"I won't do it!" Chanyeol shouted angrily and the rest of the boys nodded with his statement.


"But they are orders! And it's not like she'll take it! Just a copy," Suho was frustrated with his friends's reaction to be honest. Really, it's not like he can do anything about it. The order came from above, and there is nothing anyone can do to change that. 


"What the hell is going on?" Sora questioned with furrowed eyebrows. She wasn't really bothered with their reactions, she just didn't like the fact they were all glaring at her. 

 

With a sigh Suho strolled towards her, reaching out his hands for her to take, the stoic expression on his face didn't make anything easier for her.

 

"The elders said that you should copy every power we, the twelve has. In other words, you have to have twelve powers in your system. Since obviously no one here would start, I say you should mimic mine first."


Sora gulped at his words and wondered in her head what the hell the elders are thinking. She won't really blame the twelve royals because nobody wants to have someone with the same power as them, even if there are people who has similar powers, they still were nothing compared to the twelve.

 

"Why? I at copying any power and I don't see any good thing about it either," Sora stated, and with the hard look on her face Suho knows it would be hard to convince her. Tiredly he dropped his outstretched hands at his sides, sighing heavily soon after.


"Since there are people hot on your trail now, you need to have some powers to defend yourself incase we are not around. As you can see now we are officially your protecters but we can't follow you anywhere, so the elders suggested that you need to 'copy' our powers and master them to be stronger and more depending on yourself,"


"But why all of you? One power is enough yeah?" Suho sighed again at the dumb expression on her face and mentally face-palmed.


"The elders had dealt with mimickers before and we didn't. They said having someone's power in your veins creates a connection between yourself and the person you took the power from, the connection makes us know if you were in danger or not, therefore, you need all of our powers in case one of us were busy or couldn't make it, anymore questions?" The pointed, emotionless look on Suho's face made her question if there is something he was hiding from her and everybody else. 


"Yes actually tons. I don't get why you guys have to protect me and others from school. I think the elders are hiding something important from you guys and I still don't know why I am so wanted all of a sudden when my powers aren't the greatest one there, and lastly I still don't know why having a freaking pink hair has to do with powers. Need more?" As sarcastically as he was, she spouted, raising another perfect eyebrow up with a thin, bemused smile on her face.


Suho almost dropped all of his manners and scowl hardly at her or maybe cuss her like how his friends usually do, but he composed himself right on time and coughed awkwardly to ease the sudden tension.


"I honestly don't have every answer you seek, but I do know that your pink hair is a sign of the rightfulness of your powers, meaning that you have always been printed to be a great mimicker and having a different appearance after receiving the powers makes everyone aware of the huge amounts of powers you were given. Every mimicker before you had some changes in their appearance whether it was a change in color, attitude and figure, and Sora, for god's sake do not underestimate us! The only reason we were given this outrageous task was because we are actually the strongest one in our generation and whether you like it or not, we are your protecters so give me your hands." The threatening tone of Suho's really shocked her. She gulped again and softly raised her hands to clasp them with his, not forgetting to calm herself down by inhaling and exhaling slowly.

 

When their hands touched, Suho locked their eyes together for a second before slowly opening his mouth, talking to Suga with an authoritarian tone with eyes glued to Sora's brown orbs.

 

"Would you please leave Yoongi? This is a bit private," 


Suga did not wait to be told twice and immediately left the place, wondering in his head when the hell is his training going to begin.


"You know? Your parents never stick on a proper plan," Sora remarked arrogantly when the silence lingered for too long, maybe because they were all waiting for Suga to close the door behind him.


"Oh shut up and concentrate," Suho rolled his eyes at her and tugged hardly on her wrist, causing her to move closer to him.

 

"Concentrate on what?" Sora found it really disturbing how no distance was between them and how everyone was looking at them. Sure they weren't doing anything inappropriate but for her she still doesn't like the small distance.


"Your energy. You and I both know how you only take someone's powers when you are overwhelmed, now we want you to learn how to take it easily without any interference from your emotions," Suho explained briefly, giving her a strict nod before closing his eyes, signaling her to do the same with his other hand.


Weirdly, she closed her eyes, a little bit tighter than him and obviously he was aware because he squeezed her hands

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter