Comforting hug

The Exchange
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Finally, what took you so lo..-"

 

"Why are you holding hands?" Sehun scowled at Baekhyun, who snatched the words right from his mouth. Obviously, everyone here ignored Suho's threatening glare for they cut him off before he can even say his words. But he too was curious on the fact Sora and Lay were holding hands - though he wasn't as curious as Baekhyun who stood up from his place and strolled towards them, ending up staring at them from a close distance - but curious enough to have this deep urge on knowing, and probably break their interlocked hands away. 

 

Sora immediately broke her hands away from Lay when she noticed how Baekhyun's face darkened. She doesn't even know why his face affected her so much - probably she was scared, considering the light bulb of the main street, that was far from the beach exploded - she knows it's Baekhyun's doing, and she was scared he might snap Lay's head off from his neck. Okay so Sora was worried for Lay's matter as well, so what they kissed and that for sure gave her the right to be worried. 

 

"Nothing, i was cold and he offered to warm me up," the excuse didn't seem to phase Baekhyun as much as it affected the others. They all turned to whatever they were doing, Baekhyun's stare turning to look at her rather than Lay. Honestly Sora was upset, he doesn't speak to her properly after the accident with Chanyeol, he cursed on her and told Sehun she is controlling him, and now he questions her about her doings with Lay? She can do whatever the heck she wants.

 

Sehun came forward and snatched her from Lay, walking away from his significant place beside Luhan, who couldn't mask his annoyed - and shocked - expression because of Sehun's betrayal.

 

"You are not going to touch any of my Hyungs again clear?" Sehun whispered in her ears, and she stared at him in disbelieve. She appreciates his worry for her, but he cannot tell her what she should or shouldn't do. Yeah they are best friends and he is older than her, so respect is a must, but he can't; in any way tell her what she can do. 

 

"Oh yeah? Says who?" 

 

"Says me, you'll listen to what i say got it?" Sehun looked really scary to her right now, and finally after all these years she can see the between them. And is it wrong for her to find his angry face and thin lined mouth more appealing than before? God Sora has some issues with guys now, probably the affect of after-kissing. 

 

Sora stared around her for the first time. Now that she was snatched away from Lay, he was standing near Suho with an apologetic expression on his face. Sora shook her head to him softly and send him a secret smile that only the two of them know about. Sora noticed how they were all wearing heavy clothes except for herself. Yeah the weather was cold, but not that cold - okay so she is lying, because she is freezing right now. Why does she always forgets to bring a thick jacket with her - she wished Chanyeol is with her now, she can just cuddle him to death. She realized that everyone was waiting for Suho to speak, as silence lingered for too long. He wasn't doing anything specific other than just looking around him at the other members. Finally after a long moment, he started to speak, this time looking back at Sora.

 

"We told the elders about you and your weird condition. They said it never happened before," 


"Do you think something is wrong with me?" Sora questioned, and for the very first time she saw absolute confusion spread on Suho's face. She realized that he did not know the answer to her question, and it must be hard on him, knowing that he got used to answer any question they ask but suddenly finds himself unaware of the answer. 

 

"I.. I don't honestly know, we need to dig up more information about your weird condition. Had it ever happened before?" Suho asked with a crease of his eyebrows. Sora was about to shake her head but stopped when she remembered Suga's words that time on the hospital. He told her she was gurgling in her sleep like someone was choking her. She had waved him off because she can't remember anything he was saying, but now that she thinks clearly about it, he was quite worried. Something might have happened while she was asleep, Suga may have believed her when she told him he was hallucinating, and maybe she believed herself too. But now she was sure something did happen.

 

"Y-yeah.. I think so," she replied at him, quite unsure of herself. She thinks something happen, but she was asleep when it did happen. The possibility that she and Suga were indeed hallucinating was big. Sehun's soft massages of his fingers on her shoulder told her that they were waiting for her to elaborate.


"That night when i was transmitted to the hospital when Luhan's parents passed away, i had woken up with a deep gurgle and Suga said i was choking in my sleep.. I don't know I didn't believe him that time because can you honestly imagine being choked while you are asleep when you cannot remember a thing?" 

 

"Suga?" Sora knew they will be a little hesitant, because honestly they were all doubting the boy. And Sora can't blame them really, because she too can't trust him that much.

 

"Yeah.. Do you think he is lying to me?" Sora questioned Kris with a raised eyebrow, since he was the one who appeared disbelieved the most. Kris grunted in his place and shook his head, unaware of he should trust the boy or not. Nobody here seemed to believe Suga like her, but she has a damn reason to not believe him, what's their reasons.

 

"Anyway, we will discuss more about this later. Now you need to at least train one more powers of yours. Chen, come here." Suho called Chen from beside him and immediately he replied with a nod, Sora guessed what power she is about to train right now, and honestly she was quite excited.

 

Two chairs suddenly morphed from the sand under them, one appeared behind Sora and the other directly in front of her. The creation of the chairs from simply sand was making Sora fascinated. She touched the chair behind her and it was now completely solid, she can easily sit on it and that's exactly what she did. She pointed a look at the boys and accused.


"Okay, who did this?" Sora watched them all as they looked at Kyungsoo who lowered his head like a dejected puppy when her saw her pointed look.


"Oh my god you are so amazing you totally should teach me!" At her enthusiasm, Lay chuckled softly and she immediately blushed, remembering all their dirty doings before. Kyungsoo's eyes turned wide and a blush so red crept upon his cheeks, he was so embarrassed to the extent of hiding behind Tao who annoyingly rolled his eyes.


And he says he is older.

 

Chen came forward and sat himself in the seat in front her and took a deep exhale. Sora stared at him weirdly, wondering why he so calmly sat himself on the chair. She thought he maybe would make a lightning crash right on her head so she should learn how to control it, but she was wrong. He simply opened his palms and reached for her hands, in which she immediately retreated behind her back. 

 

"Chen decided to train you his own way, he didn't want to ... Trigger the powers," Suho sheepishly explained, rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment. Sora glanced at Chen in front of her and raised an eyebrow.

 

"You should be grateful i didn't want you to get hurt," but Sora knows he has another reason beside that. He didn't do it because he didn't want her to get hurt - maybe it was a part of the reasons - but because of another reason that she was sure it was hidden in his childhood. She can't help but remember all the words his aunt told her yesterday.

 

"Chen was born in a harsh household, please take good care of him. He might come off as rude and mean, but he has a heart of gold,"


Sora stared at Chen one more time before taking his outstretched hands in hers, taking a deep exhale of breath.


"Thank you Chen for not taking Suho's crazy methods." From the distance she can hear Sehun chuckling amusingly at their leader. Sora doesn't know what face expressions Suho was pulling, but she was sure he was pouting as different emotions of child-like arrogance and annoyance radiated from him.

 

"You are welcome Sora," Chen looked back at Suho with a smirk before looking back at the girl. Leaving Suho to roll his eyes in annoyance at his friend. Chen took a similar deep exhale and immediately a lightning bolt echoed in the place, making Sora jump in her place.

 

"Woah.. That was.. Shocking," Chen almost laughed out loud at her horrifying expression, totally ignoring the sound of her increasing heartbeat t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter