Kissy Kissy Boy Sweetheart and a Drunk Man

The Exchange
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With a sigh, Sora eyed her surroundings, where there wasn’t a soul in sight. She knows what she was doing was wrong, but she can't attend that class, she can’t face Chanyeol. She still gets the shivers whenever she remembers his yelling at her two weeks ago.

 

Was it really wrong of Sora to show fear to a boy because he had shouted at her? Was showing her weakness uncalled for that day? She doesn't really know but he had really terrified her to the bone. She had a few nightmares of his voice shouting the same words in her head.

 

Two weeks had passed very quickly, and Yoora's birthday was in a few days. All the students greeted Yoora. Sora swears that some students greeted her multiple times. 

 

The news of Baekhyun's punishment spread like wild-fire, and she couldn't be more guiltier to know how people viewed him now. Some were still loyal to him and thought it wasn't possible for him to betray his people and just recklessly sneak to the humans. Others weren't merciful at all and attacked him with words like 'pitiful', 'cheater', and 'traitor'. They were really harsh to him but the other royal boys were there to punish anyone who dared to speak a word against Baekhyun.

 

She should be feeling good about herself because this is her revenge. Wasn't she the one who said they'll pay back for whatever deeds they did to her? So why can't she sleep at night thinking about him? Why does she have to have a good heart? Why can't she be cruel for just some time like them? Why can't she? 

 

“You are a kind person at heart, no matter what you keep telling yourself. You know deep down you're not like them…” That voice would always bother her to the point where she wanted to scream, “You don't know me”, but then she realized that voice was her own and it came from her brain. Yelling at it would only make her look like a crazy person. 

 

She glanced at the bracelet, with number 18 on it as a pendant, on her wrist and smiled faintly, heartbeat increasing at the thought of her secret admirer.

 

"Yah! Who are you? Why didn't you show up to hand me this personally? What are you so afraid of? I could have had a friend now you know?" She mumbled softly to herself before sighing and dropping her hand back to her side, once again eyeing the area. 

 

The area looked so much calmer now that the students were busy training. Yes. she was ditching demon shifting class and thank god Sehun hadn't caught her this time.

 

The cries of a child alerted Sora, and she stood up from her place, darting her eyes everywhere, wanting to find the kid who was crying.

 

She first didn't see anyone, but soon she saw a young boy with huge glasses crying while looking everywhere. Sora wondered why the boy was crying at a school.

 

Without hesitation, she hurried her way to the kid and crouched in front of him.

 

"Hey hey hey… Why are you crying little boy?" She smiled genuinely at him and brushed his raven hair away from his face, wanting the child to feel less threatened.

 

The boy sniffled, watching her with cute doe eyes, wondering if he should trust her or not. When his puppy demon yelped in triumph, he decided he could.

 

"N-noona… I'm… I'm lost, I can't find hyung..." he sniffled again, his puppy whimpering as it circled around the boy's legs, silently comforting the young boy.

 

"Huh? Hyung? Your brother studies here?" She asked him with similar doe eyes, and the boy nodded his head cutely. She guessed that he was about six years old.

 

"Yeah, Luhan hyung…" 

 

She was surprised of course. Sora hadn’t known that Luhan had a sibling. It wasn't forbidden for royals to have other children, but it’s kinda weird. Did his parents decide to hide him away or something? Why hasn't anyone told her about this child? Does anyone know? Or was it just her oblivious self?

 

“I'm so sure his fangirls already know about this young boy.”

 

Sora wondered if Luhan would be angry if she took his brother to a picnic in the school garden.

 

“Ayy sora! Don't be afraid, this little boy is more important than that…”

 

"Okay sweetie, hyung is busy with his classes. Lets wait until he's finished at the garden okay?" She smiled again and creased his cheeks gently, wiping the remaining tears off.

 

"Can you take me to him when he is done?" The boy cutely questioned, and Sora chuckled with a nod.

 

"I promise! Lets do a pinky promise," she replied and raised her pinky. She wiggled it playfully, making the boy chuckle cutely.

 

“I wonder why Luhan isn't like him.”

 

"Noona, are we gonna have fun?" The kid asked once they started to head to the garden, hand in hand like a sweet couple. She was a little surprised that the boy's grip was tight around her palm.

 

"Do you want to have fun sweetheart?" She asked him with a grin. Honestly, if anyone saw her smiling like that, they would have guessed he was her long lost brother. 

 

"Of course! I wanna play everything! Tag, hide and seek, rock paper scissor, and much more!"

 

"Jaaa! You wanna play all of those?"

 

"Ah-huh! My hyung plays those with me all the time!"

 

"Daebak! Your Hyung is a nice person!" She really was hesitant to say that, but if Luhan is like that toward his brother, than who is she to judge? 

 

The boy nodded his head, and sat on one of the benches near the garden, dragging Sora with him as he sat her down next to him.

 

"Noona, what’s your name? You are so pretty!" The boy straightened up to squeeze her cheeks, and she blushed at him. He is probably the only person who ever complimented her. 

 

"Aah, really? Thank you! I'm Sora, what’s your name?" 

 

"I'm Lujian!' I really like you noona!"

 

Sora's heart warmed up to this little boy, and she found herself squeezing his cheeks like what he did to her, making him giggle.

 

"Aah! I remember!" She suddenly said and stuffed her hands inside her pocket, taking out a small, red lollipop.

 

It was from the human world because lollipops don't exist in here, but she’ll give anything to the young boy.

 

The boy's eyes widened at the strange thing and watched silently as Sora unwrapped the sweet treat for him. He his lips when he saw a round pinkish candy that looked too good to be true. 

 

She handed him the 'thing' and the boy stared at it with wide eyes.

 

"Noona, what is this?" He asked with a lost expression that made her chuckle. 

 

"That’s a sweet candy, it works by it in your mouth, do it slowly and enjoy the taste," she said and moved the candy closer to Lujian.

 

He glanced at her hands for a while before slowly putting the candy into his mouth. It took him only two seconds before brightening.

 

"Uwah! Noona! This is so good! Where did you get it?"

 

She chuckled at him and ruffled his hair softly.

 

"It’s a secret, just between you and me arasso? If anyone asks you where you got it, just say I made it okay?"

 

The boy nodded his head happily, and munched on the goodie in his mouth.

 

 

After a while, probably half an hour, the bell of the lunch period rang loudly, and Sora stopped running to glance at the building’s doors in a daze.

 

"Oh lunch time," she whispered to herself before telling Lujian to exit his hiding place.

 

"Are we going to see hyung now?" Was the first thing he said when he saw her. He headed toward her and took her hand in his, smiling adorably at her.

 

"Hmm…" She nodded and swayed their interlocked hands together. She and Lujian walked together towards the canteen that had started to crowd.

 

She had asked the boy before why he was here in the school. He said his mom dropped him off here to look for his brother, because his power was sensing people’s aura. He told Sora how he felt twelve similar auras and got confused, so he ended up crying and lost in the building.

 

She also asked him why his mother left him alone when she knows it's a school day and he probably would get lost. To this, he had refused to answer and kept his mouth shut. 

 

She was beyond flabbergasted. Sora didn't know why he suddenly became so defensive over the whole matter and refused to cooperate, even if she told him it could help him to find his hyung.

 

The students' attention swept to her once she walked through the doors of the canteen. First, Sora doesn't eat her lunch in here because she always eats in the library alone. Second she is walking with a child, and children are not allowed on school grounds. 

 

She ignored their loud whispers and walked straight towards the royals.

 

Their heads shot up right away when she stood in front of them and they all gasped at the sight of the kid.

 

"Hyungs!" Lujian exclaimed happily when he saw them but didn't let go of Sora’s hand to go to the royals. Instead he stood still and watched as they ran towards him.

 

"Yah! Why are you here kiddo?" 

 

"Jian! Are you alright?"

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

"Luhan is not here, he had to take an urgent phone call and he left"

 

Between all the loud outburst of the boys, Sora caught only Xiumin's words. He sent her a faint smile, pretty much the opposite of his friend's scowls.

 

"Oh really? Well, can you watch Lujian while he finishes? He said his mother dropped him off and he was lost,” she briefly explained, and Xiumin nodded at her before looking away from her eyes.

 

Sora had wanted to leave as soon as she could, but Lujian's hands didn't loosen as he whimpered and glanced at her in shock. 

 

"Noona! I don't wanna be here, that noona is scary, I don't like her," He pointed at Yoora, whose cheeks turned red in the middle of chewing. 

 

"Keke, I guess I found someone who agrees at least," Sora sneakily replied to him while eyeing Yoora with malice, causing the latter to glare back.

 

"Yah Lee Sora! Did you do anything to him? Why does he smell like that?"

 

Chanyeol's angry voice shocked her, and she glanced at him with wide eyes.

 

"A-ani, I didn't do an-"

 

"Yah don't lie! His aura is weakening, and he seems tired, why is that?"

 

At his words, every royal stood up from their seat and glared at Sora (except Kyungsoo, who gets stomach flu whenever his eyes meets hers). What they didn't know was that Lujian smelled like sweat because he was playing games he liked.

 

"Yah you! I didn't lie okay? Stop being an , and listen to me when I speak at least!"

 

She finally had enough of her fear of Chanyeol and shouted, giving him a piece of her mind.

 

He took a step back, surprised that after being silent for two weeks, Sora finally overcame her fear and stood up for herself.

 

"Yah that’s right! I'm Lee Sora, who do you think you are? I was just helping this fragile soul and you dare to accuse me of doing something to him? Why do you always think so lowly of me?"

 

The attention of the whole school was on her now, and some students dared to scoff at her words. One of them was Yoora, who had stopped eating to watch.

 

"I never did anything to you, nothing at all. And all I have been receiving from you is bullying. You don't like me, I get it, but you don't have to be an and rub the fact that I'm useless in my face. Have you actually thought for once why I'm here? They refuse to let me go! I've been begging them countless times to send me off to the humans, but they always say I'm not allowed to because I might expose their secret. I mean, can you imagine? Being locked in a place where you don't want to be? It’s like a prison… Oh, my bad, you don't even know what prison is!"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter