Runaway Baby

Headless Love (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As the man points his gun to their noses, Chanyeol pushed Baekhyun on his behind and he stood up. Slowly, carefully but surely he was pulling out his sharpest scalpel from his bowling bag. Luhan was astonished as he watched everything around him turns into a state of panic and anxiety. The people quickly rose up from their places and shouted in horror. The personnel whom is in charge of the main counter wander his eyes as he hurries to dial the police's hotline. Tensional, heavy and difficult to read. The underground doctor stared into the eyes of an old criminal that was used to be snatching women's purses and wallets. By the way he was facing him, he can already tell that he is a burglar. A person that is not courageous to show his face but confident in committing crimes.

Several people also stepped inside the fast food restaurant, they were the man's accompany. They came to take away Baekhyun from them, there was no doubt that they are Zhang Yixing's people. They were members of Es, and there's no surprise to witness them pursuing the head that was accidentally stolen from their custody not so long time ago. It's no longer shocking to see them breaking in the places where is she. Chanyeol pushed Baekhyun more away from the man, Luhan remained silent but he began to tremble in fear of being shot. He hated violence and weapons, but seeing his best friend holding a small scalpel in his right hand he knew that it will be a trouble. Hoping not to get dragged to jail, he told himself to calm down and run the way they did before. 

Baekhyun slapped Chanyeol's back and she pouted in disappointment. He shouldn't be defending her because she already had her powers back, it's all thanks to a friend and foe named Kyungsan. Her eyebrows creased into irritation as she grabs and pulls the fabric of his laboratory gown. Man, she can't even reach his ear. He was so tall and high, as if he was the giant of Seoul. She felt no fear unlike Luhan who is obviously keeping his mouth shut as he pretends to be composed and fine. When she realized that he was not even turning a centimeter of his eye, she hit him again and shook her head. Calling his name in a mocking and joking way, he managed to ignore her. She pouted and kicked him on the leg while trying to get some of his attention. Again, she failed and he didn't even moved an inch.

Luhan gripped on his back pack more as he signals Baekhyun that Chanyeol must be buying some time for her to escape. Her looked down, shaking her head and refused to leave. These men are actually no match with her power, they are not even at the same level as Kyungsan. Firearms that were made from scraps of iron and shining daggers doesn't make her tremble in fear at all. But how Chanyeol behaves as if he is the hero of all the people that surrounds him. The norms began packing up their belongings as fast as they could and moved their feet, aiming at the door. Members of Es started to break some tables and chairs, a waitress screamed in surprise and she was immediately hit with the baseball bat. She cried, she bellowed in pain and called for a helping hand. But her co-workers just stared at her bleeding shoulder, they found themselves frozen and helpless. 

"Hey!" Luhan left his place in an impulse. He rushed towards they lady and helped her to stand up. He took out his slightly used handkerchief and tied the damaged shoulder in order to stop the bleeding. He was not a professional in first-aid, but he was hoping that his small effort can be useful. The arrogant member of Es recognized his face, because he was often with their boss at the university. His eyes grew wide, he muttered a word and stepped once backwards. He almost dropped his weapon but suddenly someone appeared behind and hit him with a vase. He quickly collapsed and passed out. 

Luhan felt relieved seeing that a stranger who is standing alongside with them took the courage to knock down one opponent. He wandered his eyes around again and noticed that the people in that place have already broke outside and running away for their own lives. The fact that no one really cares about a fellow proves that chivalry is no longer existing these days. It's saddening yet everyone is already used to it. Being self-sufficient and barely applying humanity in their daily lives. There was nothing new as he watches them ran away and not saving anyone near them, this always happens especially when a gang war commences. It doesn't bothers him anymore that it became part of everyone's daily routines. To keep themselves safer than the other standing alongside. 

The lady in her crimpled and crimson stained uniform immediately thanked Luhan for his heroic act. If it is not him, her bones will be broken and she will not be reassure if she can still live tomorrow. She couldn't believe it, there's still one person there that has a tint of compassion and humanity in his heart. His child-like face was nothing compared to his bravery, she bowed her head lowly and continued thanking him. She was so happy that she was still kicking and awake. She was about to say her last prayers, but he came and saved him. He put his head on risk, but the person who hit the man at the back of head was far courageous than him. He stood up steadily in front of them as he stares blankly at their direction. His eyes glowed in red, but eventually it shifted into its normal hue. He seemed to be very surprised, he dropped the vase and stumbled. His lips are shaking along with his hands, asking himself how he was able to knock down the dangerous person. 

Luhan laid down the injured lady on the floor, he went towards the man to check his condition. He began worrying if he was having a concussion or hallucinating, he wasn't a medical student nor have a large background in first-aid but he is going to use what he learned through scrolling in the internet on his free time. It seems like his slacking in his lazy days benefits a little. A small and faint smirk appeared on his lips, he felt a little better than before. The swirling on his stomach eases at the moment the man allowed him to see his condition. Thankfully, he was fine and nothing wrong happened on him. He eventually lost consciousness and fell on the floor. He stared at him for a moment and wondered what exactly occurred at him as he hits the member of Es. He clueless hovered over while trying to wake him up, but he didn't even responded. 

"Are you alright?" the injured lady was more worried at Luhan. She crawled towards him and tried to reach his face that had a scratch. Oh, he didn't noticed that a piece of shattered glass touched his left cheek. He couldn't even feel a short little pain, so he was surprised when he heard her. 

"This is nothing, let's hurry up and call the ambulance and police." he plastered a smile, a comforting smile for the lady. Her head fell low as her cheeks blushes red like fresh apples. She bit her upper lip and nodded. She was already embarrassed at herself being save by a regular customer, yet she hasn't done anything in return.

"Mr., thank you." she said wholeheartedly. 

"You're welcome young miss." he spoke back.

Chanyeol's behavior pisses off Baekhyun so much. She began pounding his back until he bats an eye at her. She couldn't believe how annoying he is today. She wanted to weep aloud and call his name while telling Mr. and Mrs. Myeon how stranger her personal doctor acts. She couldn't bear to see the sinister look in his eyes, with fingers firmly wrapped around a small scalpel that seemed to be harmless but it wasn't really. The other side of its blade sparkled in the daylight, the man that pointed his gun adjusted his position: he was ready to aim for his head or nose. From pounding, she shifted her hitting into pulling and pushing him away. This time, the doctor's posture was shaken a little. A small smile painted on her expression, this is going to be a tiresome pleasing.

Baekhyun continues pursuing Chanyeol. She even kicked him near his to add more pain in his long body. Their height difference even annoyed her more. Annoyed, irritated, angry, bursting out, she can't contain what she was feeling inside. Seeing him looking at a another person breaks her a little. She couldn't believe that he was not even acting the usual way he was. He would smile or scratch his head whenever they are in trouble, but now he is serious and ready for a fight. His curly and dyed hair fluttered at the gentle wind gushing through, his huge pair of spectacles shone upon the dazzling light. His arms were tightened along with his legs. He will protect her, no matter what it cost. It doesn't matter if he dies in a sever injury just to keep her untouched from the stupid gangsters.

Before, he doesn't care about these two notably destructible groups but ever since that day he was always bothered of founding him around. He was not a fighter, neither a war freak. He was just the same as Luhan's state when it comes to these kind of situation, he also hated violence. But being a doctor made him used to be in gory, blood and the worst. He wouldn't want to hurt anyone in front of Baekhyun. If they are going to try touching even a single strand of her hair he will not hesitate stabbing someone. He is afraid of seeing his face on the news or in the internet. He was not ashame of being a criminal just to keep her safe. He wrote a promise in his heart on a rainy right, that he will preserve Baekhyun. Not because she is a dullahan, it's because she is the only love of his life. 

"Chanyeol!" Baekhyun yelled as her ears reds in strong anger. She haven't had thi strong feeling before, it gives her the urge to hit Dr. Park more and more until he cried the same amount of tears as hers. 

Chanyeol almost tripped because she pushed him so much that he lost balance. Panting, beads of sweat fell from his forehead. He slowly glances at Baekhyun and wondered why she is going to explode in extreme emotions. Although his response was quite slow, he hurried to apologize at his most special client. He bowed his head but he only got hit on the shoulder. She glaring at him and told him that he was stupid, really stupid and stupid. The man who is still focused in getting is going to fire his gun. At the sound of a shot, all eyes grew wider and they were shocked. The bullet made a hole on the wall, but no one was hit aside from it. Her back slammed on the messy floor and discovered that Chanyeol was protecting her. She was lucky, she was saved. She felt dizzy for a while as he lifted her and they went out of the place. Luhan was also nowhere to be found, red and blue lights dancing in the air along with the familiar siren. Men in two different uniforms came down from their vehicles, some pulled out their weapons and some took out stretches to help the wounded. This was already expected, but no one saw that it is more serious now. There were no traces of child play, it was pure intention towards to Baekhyun only. The hazardous turned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter