The Flying Head

Headless Love (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Luhan found himself standing in the middle of the crowded hallway of the subway station somewhere in the city. He kept staring at his wristwatch and phone, anticipating for his friend to arrive. It's been already half of an hour since he stopped there and citing for a someone's face. He wonders what's taking him so long, oh maybe he just finished his underground work again. 

His eyebrows furrowed into boredom as he took few steps away from the familiar cylinder pole. Strangers, all that he could see are faces of strangers. Tons of people that he haven't seen before. He is not liking Seoul this much, the hate of his for this was growing deeper. It was noisy, crowds, mix of mainstream songs and similar clothes of people wearing. 

A sigh came out as he headed towards the exit gate and wandered his eyes, hoping that the giant will soon show up along with his old white lab gown. Luhan continued until he reached an ice cream truck there and he bought a cone of refreshing sweet for himself. Summer has come and now bringing an irritating sensation on his skin. He just wished that he stayed home and ignored his calls of request. He doesn't know what he was up to, but he always had the urge to trust him because of his carefulness. 

He had already finished his treat for himself, still that friend hasn't arrive yet. Luhan rolled his eyes and decided to return to his apartment. He don't care what he may ended up now, he just wanted to lock himself inside his air-conditioned room and do nothing. He shrugged and turned his back away from their meeting place. The city that was beautiful to the majority's eyes looked ugly for him. Who would love this strange place where there's always a casual gang wars that endlessly throwing stones and breaking the neighbors' glass panes? They even wrecked a restaurant nearby and didn't even paid for the damage. Most of the students were brats and undisciplined too. If only his work is not existing here, he wouldn't mind returning to Beijing. 

Number of steps, the familiar voice of a trucker muttered his name very loudly that made his skin sweat. He doesn't like when people calls him in full name because it makes him look older and mature. Also, he don't like speaking loudly, he is somewhat strict in his manners and actions. Luhan admits that he is a perfectionist, but he wasn't a hypocrite. 

Rounds of panting warm breaths in the middle of the sunny yellow sky, the person finally came to meet him. With disheveled hair that he dyed blonde last week that not suits him well and oversize spectacles, Park Chanyeol resembles a mad scientist.  He looked funny, Luhan thought. 

Luhan grimaced and scowled as he walks back to his recent relaxing spot. Chanyeol laughed and hit his shoulder, he quickly slapped his hand away. The giant showed an expression of surprise to witness how annoyed he was. He knew it was awkward because he looked like a street light pole because of his natural physique. Old women find it very attractive, but children sees him as a scary person who wields his scalpel to their cheeks whenever he is mad. 

"So what? Why did you called me out? Do you know the struggle of trying your best to not sweat out and stink? Do you know how hot the freaking weather is? Hey Dr. Park Chanyal, the volume of your ears resembles how huge the sun is now." Luhan greeted him with flooding rants and complaints.

"Okay, okay I know. Sorry for being late, it's just today. I hope you will understand the description of my job." he tried to smile wide to lighten up the ruined mood. Luhan even dressed well today, with his newly bought ripped pants and graffiti sleeveless top, he looked like an idol in his eyes. 

"Hey, you're always late Dobi." he grew his eyes out. 

"I thought you are going to call me Yeoda for toda-."

"I've already used that nickname last month, idiot." he hisses.

"Ohh, well... Luhan you know..." Chanyeol nervously looked into his eyes. 

"What? What happened?" Luhan's eyebrow twitched as he wandered his eyes around and lowers the tone of his voice. 

"I... messed up..." he spoke without a sound and he quickly analyzed his words. 

"The hell?!" Luhan yelled.

"I need your help, I am lost." the taller person looked down and frowned. 

"Hey, hey let's bury her body right now." he grabbed the collar of his shirt as he whispers.

"How am I going to do that? The CEO told me to keep her body in order to reflect my sins." tears formed at the corner of Chanyeol's big eyes. 

"The CEO? You mean that big Myeodin Pharmaceuticals?" 

"Uhm, I killed his daughter." he confessed what happened.

"What the hell Park Chonyal!"

"Help me Luhan, please I'm begging you. I don't know what to do."

Luhan became speechless and slowly look away from him while dropping the tight grip on his shirt. He chuckled and displayed a wicked smile.

"Whoa, whoa, wow. We're messed up." he said.

"By the way my name's Park Chanyeol, Lu Han." he whispered. 

Luhan rolled his eyes and helplessly shoved his hand phone in his pocket. They began walking towards the nearest bus station as they waited for one to come. Chanyeol wouldn't behave himself for a second, he kept shaking his head and stomping his feet. His skilled hands that saved countless lives are trembling and sweating. He is confused and hoping that his closest friend can help him with this problem. 

Chanyeol harshly wiped the summer beads of sweat on his forehead as he exhaled and inhaled the city's polluted wind. It wasn't a good idea to calm himself down because he knew that he looked pathetic in the eyes of the strangers walking by in front of them. Luhan hit his shoulder loudly to stop him, he even warned him with a fist.

There was a police mobile drove by, Luhan's heart raced more as several officers stepped out to by cones of ice cream. The urge to make Chanyeol's nose bleed began growing inside of him. He thought that his friend only had a minor problem, but the the frick?! It's a human, a failed plastic surgery that took her poor life away. He doesn't know if he shall be saddened or anger towards both parties. Thankfully the authority quickly left after purchasing several cold treats. He was relieved for a while. 

For heaven's sake, why did the infamous rich business man who owns the largest pharmaceutical company hired this unlicensed practitioner at the first place? Luhan scratch his head as he sees the annoying set of teeth and grin of his friend. Poor girl, she was about to debut as an idol next year. But all of her dreams disappeared with his freaking mistake. Chanyeol was a talented person when it comes to science and health, it is a shock to discover this secret fact. 

After few minutes, a bus finally arrived. Luhan is still somehow thankful that the giant is not making fuss despite of extreme nervousness. To be kind-hearted, stomping feet are can be considered calm and composed. They hastily stepped inside, they sat down at the nearest chair wrapped in synthetic leathers. A sigh of panic and confusion came out between his drying lips. Just when he expected his day to be fun and pampering, he never saw this coming. The old friend sweats a lot as he tried to lessen the tension forming in his veins. If he won't be more wary of everything, the worst can possibly get in their way. 

Another few minutes have passed, and they haven't reached the confidential building of the infamous pharmaceutical company. Dr. Park Chanyeol remained quiet but his eyes were mischievous and his behavior attracts several attention. He glanced at him with creasing eyebrows and reminded him to act normal. As if his so called and can be considered crime is norm. Luhan wondered what he did why he accidentally and unintentionally killed a young girl. He had the urge to ask him about it, but this wasn't a good timing to speak about it. They are still in a public spot and the surrounding is so quiet that even the whispers are can be heard. 

Chanyeol kept rubbing his hands altogether, he finally stopped scanning the area and stared at the iron floor. Luhan only saw familiar view from the window, the trees, the tall building and endless people walking and crossing the pedestrian road. The boiling in his blood turned cooler and fixed his sitting posture. He leaned towards the leather support behind him and sighed again. He grew tired of sightseeing the repetitive pictures everyday. He began thinking about how to help his friend that can't put himself to sane. The giant suddenly stood up without holding to the railing and told the bus driver to stop the vehicle already. 

Luhan's forehead wrinkled into thinking again, the building looked like an ordinary house. It's actually a house for a nuclear family. Chanyeol suddenly grabbed his arm as he drags his friend out in the alley. He didn't blew a single whining and followed the giant's foot trails. The taller unintenionally pulled him harshly as they rushed towards the gate. They waited for the bus to completely drive away and they pushed the doorbell button. A foreign voice in their language asked their identity, he couldn't tell if it is a female or a male. 

As soon as Chanyeol gave all of the information that he wanted, including his name and who was his accompany today the gates automatically opened. They hurried inside and a middle-aged woman opened the inner door of their house. Her expression seemed to be filled with sorrow and anxiety, she lead them downstairs. It was not shocking anymore if this structure is pretending to be an ordinary view in every passer bys' eyes. Luhan caught himself astonished at the polished long white hallways of the place, the lights attached on the walls were bright and light. There was an utter silence, but also there was a higher tension the more they got closer to the door guarded by two so masculine men. 

There was no greeting or polite meeting, they handed Chanyeol a cart and box of tools when they opened the door. A very disturbing and horror scene faced Luhan right after he just entered there. His stomach and head swirled at the movie-like setting with a lot of apparatuses and tubes attached to a school girl's body. There was a man beside her and holding her hand while shaking his head enthusiastically. He was still believing that she will survive despite of the terrifying condition of his daughter. He was Mr. Myeon, the head manager and owner of Myeodin Pharmaceuticals Inc. His company's products are said to be excellent but there are also rumors that he had a hidden laboratory where they are creating illegal drugs that killed numbers of people. 

There was nothing scary and creepy on Mr. Myeon's appearance, Luhan thought that Chanyeol was more sinister looking than him. He preferred to laugh aloud to ease the heavy atmosphere but it would be very rude to the suffering family. He put a perplexed face as he waited for another one to talk towards Chanyeol. So the woman who opened the door was the rich man's wife, wow she looked so youthful and not suited for him. Maybe she was his second or third wife that assaulted the poor girl's sweet face. Oh, he couldn't believed that he was really thinking suspiciously right now. 

"Please save my dear Joy, Mr. Park. I'm really begging you." Mr. Myeon stood up and held Chanyeol's hand as he pleaded

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter