Cat's Eyes

Headless Love (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Three days have passed and Irene was discharged from the hospital the day after Baekhyun cried in a sudden. Also, Yeri is about to leave by tomorrow. The ruckus that occurred at the other building where Kyungsan was rushed was slowly being repaired and restored to its old design and look. A lot were still thankful despite of the grand crisis in the city. In spite of the fire that destroyed fourth of the most important establishment, no one shed blood and flesh. Although the culprit behind it hasn't been caught yet, it was good to see that nothing more perishable happened. Classes and works in every places are gradually being rescheduled and announced to continue. Seoul University eventually opened up their campus again this morning.

Baekhyun found herself alone walking along the wide and plain alley of the place. She was trying to forget what she dreamt last night, that kind of obscure view was just making her more worried and anxious. As she changes her mind set, she began thinking about the upcoming district competition. Hearing that Sungnam High opened up too, she wondered how everyone was doing there now. Today, she is going to see Kyungsan who is still unconscious. She is still in a intensive care unit room and recovering. Her heart rate and blood level has been already normalized, but she never opened her eyes or even gave a little response at all. Also, she often sees Jongin visiting her. He didn't changed a lot at all, as if he was trying to keep going on throughout the whole messy situation of theirs. 

The usual expression on his face was still there, plain and seemed to be uninterested. But with a person like Baekhyun, in her eyes she can tell that he was in pain and suffering. On how Yeri and Irene acted at him and assumed that he was a good-for-nothing person, they underestimated him in a quite shallow method. With their carelessness, someone that is very important to him almost died because of repulsiveness. Maybe Yeri and Irene are just some kind of blunt people, already seeing him with blood in his hands did not made them avoid him. Instead, they became more motivated and confident in approaching him. 

It was a relief for Baekhyun, to learn that Kyungsan's room was just near to hers. Every morning and at night before going to sleep, she would always visit and see her. Even though her condition is drifting away from death, there no assurance when she will wake up. Baekhyun remembered it again, the day when she called and gave a cryptic warning. Kyungsan must have been really worried, and noticing that no one is arriving at the hospital to see her it made her realize that she was her only friend. It's half saddening and disappointing, or maybe she didn't contributed anything to their entire class. Aside from Jongin and her, no one came to see how Kyungsan was doing currently.

Luhan had temporarily forgotten why he cried on that day that he felt an extreme pain in his heart. With the pile of things to do, his mind was filled on how he is going to accomplish them. To be precise, he is busy and don't have much time to talk about some things that are not that important. But he had a fear, and he felt it when he woke up this morning. The fright for his memories of Chanyeol to fade away. It has began, his best friend's face is diminishing from his head. His voice, his raspy voice is getting thinner and softer. His smile, is turning into halves and vague. Why, why his heart won't obey his mind? The more he tried to tell himself that he will never forget that person, the more his heart erases every piece of him. 

Right after the end of the class discussion, Luhan quickly headed to his next lesson. But on his way, he bumped into Sehun because he wasn't paying much attention on the road. The person that he just met days ago was surprised and so glad to see him again. Sehun even bowed his head so low and shook hands with him as if they were old accompanies. In exchange, Luhan gave Sehun polite approach before he proceeded. 

"Hyung!" Sehun called as Luhan steps on the stairs.

"What?" he asked in a flat tone of his voice.

"Can we meet by the library?" Sehun's forehead widened as he went towards Luhan's behind.

"Business matters? Or personal? Is it important?" Luhan turned a little at him to see the person he was talking to a little better.

"It's personal, and I do hope that it won't bother you." Sehun displayed a serious expression on his face.

"As long as it does not involves anything with me. As long as it does not makes me involved." Luhan's shoulder's twitches as he continues heading downstairs. Sehun still had to chase him in order to know when his classes will end. 

"Four, I'm sure I'm free by four." he responded with a hurrying gesture.

"Thank you then, I'll see you later." Sehun bowed his head once again. 

"Then." Luhan turned away and went out of the building while carrying two books in his hands and a bag clinging on his broad shoulder wrapped in the fabric of his shirt. His eyes shone at the daylight along with his slightly messy hair. Sehun attentively and observantly watched Luhan until a patch of crowd hoarded him and be gone. For a reason including the fellow student's strong attractiveness to anyone, Sehun really adores and likes him. He would always feel an urge to get closer to him whenever he is around.

Three days ago, Sehun told Yifan what happened in Seoul while he was away. He said every detail of his situation with Jongin and how terrifying the campus people are. Eyes were glowing in red and they seemed to completely lose their minds. Repetitively reciting words of love, meaning of love and how love is suppose to be. Maybe it's a hundred of thousand voices that he kept hearing on that day. He and Jongin fought them, but in the midst of the struggle to get out of the place alive someone knocked him from behind and fall asleep. 

But Sehun noticed something at Yifan. Instead of being worried and interested, he seemed to be more entertained and amused. He almost got angry at his friend but when he only said one word, his droopy eyes grew wide. Yifan raised an eyebrow and gave him an expression that he knows well. He winked at him and laughed, until he remembered what he heard while was still dizzy. On that single word triggered how he opened his eyes and found himself in a van with several members of Os. Jongin's voice were in the air and it was so familiar to him and so Yifan's too. 

It was him, it was Yifan who brought him back on his apartment. But the enlightenment on his eyes quickly disappeared as Sehun wonders who hit him in the nape. His stare shifted into glaring and suspecting that it was Yifan but he only shrugged and acted like he was really making fun of him. Sehun eventually feel stupid, he must have been only over thinking about it. He sat down on his chair and apologized in a soft voice for no one will hear him. It's not important anymore who knocked him to be unconscious, what's good is he woke up unharmed and fully alive. Unlike Kyungsan, she was battered by people who is hiding in the shadows. Some members of Os are already investigating and searching for the person who did that to her, and most of them are hoping for a progression about it. 

Sehun don't need any evidences anymore to know who saved them on that day. His lips curved into a smile of gladness and gratefulness. He sighed and resorted into eating the food that he ordered. A long moment of silence occurred between the two of them as each second and minute passes by. Both were happy that no one really changed at all. The way they act, the way they speak to each other, their choice of words and the way they see everything remained the same. On that day, Sehun and Yifan parted at the intersection street and gave a mock farewell because they can tell that one of these next days, they will meet and share a bond like that again. 

Days have passed like the others, and summer is about to end. The hot air in the afternoon is slowly changing and so the sky. The leaves of the trees are turning into a burgundy and ready to be detach from the barks. Nights are getting colder and cooler, and the flower pots that are hardly being parched by the sun are being watered again. The students' uniforms were back to long sleeves and thigh-high socks along with a cardigan and longer length of skirts. 

On that morning, Irene attended school. As she walks by the hallway that leads to their classroom, she quickly saw Jongdae standing beside the window. In his winter uniform, he leaned against the concrete wall and stared at the outside. He was quietly watching the students playing baseball in an early period of the day. With hands under his chin, he sighed as if he was in deep thoughts. Irene only glanced at him as she went inside their room. He already saw her, but he did not even greeted her. 

Irene's expression darkened as she sat down at her chair and began preparing her pen, notebook, eraser and a textbook. It's still doesn't feel fine without having Yeri and Baekhyun around. Today was fine, but it feels a little off and empty. It feels like something stagnant and stuck in a long period of ennui. She stretched her arms towards and released a pretty lazy yawn from her chest. Some of their classmates just came and greeted her the way they do like before. There were short conversations on how they were doing while school was cut, some even had patches of bandage on their forehead and hand. Irene felt slightly glad that no one shed blood during that time, although it was insane and difficult to explain. With a gaze upon the changing sky, she anticipated on Yeri's arrival tomorrow.

Summer is only going to last for two weeks, the trees' colors are changing. The green visuage will soon turn into pomegranate and the cherry blossoms will flood and fill the air. Baekhyun took a melancholia staring by the thick glass window of Kyungsan's room. Wondering when will she open her eyes and recognize them. Wondering when will she get up and leave this place. Wondering when will she hold a book and read it with a very expression on her soul. Wondering when will things return to its normal phase. The long hallway was all in white and quite, it was less-crowded now because a lot of patients have been discharged. Baekhyn's head is aching, but it does not make her dizzy at all. Instead of lying and waiting alone at her room, she preferred watching Kyungsan peacefully and violently sleeping inside a place where she was surrounding with several apparatuses. 

In the midst of loneliness and silence, Baekhyun heard footsteps coming from a someone wearing dress shoes. When she took few steps away from the glass window and her left, she saw the expected person coming on her way. It's Jongin, and still he had the same expression on his face. Stoic and seemed to be compose and calm, he bowed his head at her to pay a respect and gratitude for watching over Kyungsan while he was out. Baekhyun suddenly felt a thumping sensation on her chest as they sat down next to each other in the nearest bench. 

Her relaxed eyes shifted into uneasiness and being uncomfortable. Then Jongin, in deep breath and looked straight into her orbs. He is going to say something that could be important

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter