The Muted Sound of the Band

Headless Love (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Once in a while Kyungsan and Baekhyun decided to see each other and talk about the things that pertains to their interests. Both agreed that it will much better and quieter if they are going to a less crowded place. In the public library, near the city hall Baekhyun found herself standing in silence beside the chalky white walls of the giant building. Several cars and mobiles passed by and majority of them were from the police station nearby the place where currently she was. She observantly watched her surroundings and saw how continuous things are in Seoul despite of anything that might happen. Worse or not, a disaster or a minor accident, Baekhyun can tell that everyone will keep going on as long as it does not affect their daily lives. The smell of dusty and semi-polluted air was unpleasant to her nostrils and lungs, but Baekhyun thought that it will be nicer if she kept waiting for Kyungsan that could be late for today. 

Date? No, it wasn't. It's not even a friendly date, it's nothing but a meeting between people who had the same matter of interests. Baekhyun was dazed for a while, she fell into thinking of the doctor that begins to make her human heart beat faster. She don't understand it neither can describe the feeling. She don't even want to talk about it because it could only make her confuse if Luhan or Kyungsan assumes that she is only getting crazy due to the shocking adjustments on her life. His face, his voice, they continued to appear and echo inside her head. The warmth of his hand, the length of his smile and the strand of his artificially-dyed curly hair. His posture, the fold and crimple of his clothes, and the oversized reflecting spectacles. All of them, all was starting to be all about him. Baekhyun suddenly felt nervous as hell so she took a long deep breath to put herself at ease. She closed her eyes and when she opened them again, she saw Kyungsan in front while staring blankly at her. 

Baekhyun lost a balance on her back and knee and she almost stumbled but Kyungsan hurried to push her towards the wall. She plastered a very small and faint smile at her and said that it's already time to enter the public library. After receiving a borrower's card, Baekhyun's eyes feasted on how wide and huge the place was. It was thrice bigger than the ones at her school and what made the place better was the thousand assorted and different books on the shelves waiting to be chosen and open. The two of them headed to the works of William Shakespeare. As Kyungsan began to scroll her fingers at the books there, something caught Baekhyun's eyes. It was a thin-binded book with no cover and its papers have already turned brown. 

"There was no title in it." Baekhyun muttered.

"There is, at the back of it." Kyungsan replied with a lowered voice. 

"This is so old already." Baekhyun coughed at the amount of dust stuck between the pages of the book.

"Baekhyun." Kyungsan's call surprised Baekhyun discovering that she knows her real name.

"Huh? You know my name?" she asked.

"It's nothing to make you worried, I won't call you Baekhyun as long it's not the two of us." she continued on taking a look at the books on the shelf.

"If I'm still a man, I will surely fall in love with you." Baekhyun chuckled softly.

"Then why just don't kiss me now? If you are still into your belief that you're a man then no one shall break it. No one's looking, and I won't stop you." she turned around and looked into her eyes again.

"Dummy, that was just a perspective. I'm not going to do that." Baekhyun scratched her head and took few steps towards Kyungsan. She chuckled once again assuming that it's just a plain joke from her.

"That's Titus Andronicus." she pointed at the thin book that she was holding.

"Really?" Baekhyun's eyes grew wide in gladness and surprise because it was the book she was seeking for a long time. 

A few moments have passed by along with the clock's tickling, Kyungsan and Baekhyun sat down in one of the empty spaces there. The public library is kind of less-crowded than they expected. Even though it's Saturday and there were no classes and office hours has been cut into half or fourth, it's odd that the number of people paying visit there can be counted by the fingers. As they began reading, Kyungsan asked Baekhyun a crucial question. It was about the greek epic entitled The Trojan War. At first Baekhyun only laughed at it because she thought it was nothing different compared to the rest of Greek stories. She shook her head slowly and refused to give Kyungsan an answer. Putting down the book she was reading, Kyungsan said that the war occurred because of the passionate love. It's not that Baekhyun was not entirely paying attention to her friend's wondering, it's just that story was not listed under her favorites. She found it not that good and the choice of words seemed to be boring for her. But Kyungsan's not really pointing out on how she views the one of the Homer's written works, it's about how she will see herself in the middle of the Trojan War. Is she going to be the Achilles or the Helen that was being taken away from her husband. Being aware that a lot was interested on her as a tool to power, it's definitely going to be a rough journey. 

"Have you once thought why it's so unfair for us?" Kyungsan muttered with eyes staring at a space in front of them. 

"Life is surreal." Baekhyun responded with a sigh.

"And so Lavinia's fate too." 

Mue last night suddenly collapsed in the middle of the street right after he chased Baekhyun and Yifan. When he was about to enter the building where the two went, his sight turned blurry until it blackened and so he lost consciousness. He woke up at eight and resorted into sleeping again. Finding himself awake with a heavy heart in midnight, he wondered whose voice kept calling the unfamiliar name. He got up from bed and opened the curtains, the sky was full of sparkling stars and the silver moon. It was breathtaking and rare to see. Mue felt a strong heartburn again, it must be the side effect the pill he had taken after eating short dinner. Mr. Myeon was not mad that he failed his mission, he even told him that there's nothing to hurry because that girl can no longer escape that much. And there's no way that she'll be able to exit Seoul City in peace. That there was nothing to get nervous about, for that day will come on a right timing. Mr. Myeon reminded him to be patient and don't let the others get involved on it. All that he needs to is to shoot her and put her in a temporary sleep. 

Mue's head begins to ache after the painful heartburn. He can see something on his mind, probably a memory from the past. The face of that person who was reaching her hand at him while calling his name. It was weird, because he really can't recall it that much. Then suddenly, he cried without a particular reason. What was that? Why he was deeply hurt? Why he can't shake off that picture on his mind? He couldn't understand it, why does his target looked at him with eyes yearning for a miracle? Why is she looking at him like that? And why he was unable to shoot her when there was a clear chance of succeeding?

"Why, why I am this sad? Why is it so painful. Please stop already, I don't know you-" Mue pounded the wall and shook his head strongly in order to get rid of this sudden thoughts. He tried to refrain the tears from falling, but the salty liquid coming out from the corner of his eyes only continued flowing. Even at the shower, when he woke up early this morning he suddenly began crying again without a reason. He already felt sick for he cannot fall asleep last night. Why does he feel heartbroken like something will never comeback unless he took a step to find it? Why he cannot even get up from the floor and get out of his room? Mue requested a day of solitude to Mr. Myeon. With remaining like this, he become unstable and emotional. He misses something that did not even existed in his life. He was longing for someone that he might not met yet. He was so lonely and weak. He wanted to stay in darkness and silence until tomorrow morning. It worried the laboratory, but the right hand of the owner said that leave Mue like that for a while. So when the next day comes, he will be fine and well again. 

It was Baekhyun's dream last night, a time spent with Kyungsan at the library. As soon as she woke up, she wondered if Kyungsan will be able to recover someday. There weren't that much progressions on her health except when she spoke a thought of hers. It was finally morning and the restless night passed by in anxiety. Realizing that she had fallen asleep from exhaustion and confusion, she got up from bed and wandered her eyes around the room. Her clothes was not changed or touched and her shoes were on the floor. It was slightly wider than her room at the Myeon's residence. And the shade of the paint on the wall was in a darker shade of blue. She stood up to inspect the place and saw men's clothes and shoes at the closet. She also checked the bathroom and saw men's grooming tools. Facial wash, face cream that seemed to be left unused for ages. It was obvious that she brought into a men's house but who is it again? 

Baekhyun twisted the knob and became glad that the door was not locked. She was a little thankful that despite of being the Os official hostage, the remained treating her as a human. But what about Chanyeol? Why did he suddenly changed like that? What happened to him and who is holding his neck right now? Baekhyun became more worried than before as she started walking towards the stairs. But when she was about to go downstairs, she saw Jongin standing there with arms crossed. His eyes and head turned at her direction and gave her a strict staring. Baekhyun stopped halfway and asked him why it has to be his place? Jongin snorted, walked towards her and said that it was the safest place to hide her. But aside from that what he said first was in contrast. 

"Don't space out like that, you're going to school. Just hurry up and get changed already." he commanded her.

"But you just said that I'm going to be keep her-" Baekhyun grimaced when Jongin grabbed her shoulder and shook her.

"Idiot, you're going to stay and continue attending school." he groaned.

"Why are you so mad?" Baekhyun protested and took away his hands from her shoulders with a sour expression on her face.

"It's only because of Kyungsan, if you weren't her friend I'm not going to save you!" he exclaimed in anger.

"Then why? Why did you said that I should run away from this place? I don't understand you." Baekhyun scowled as her hands balled into fists.

"Just get changed already and don't ask any further questions!" Jongin grabbed her wrist and threw her back on his room and yelled that her uniform was placed on the table near the desktop computer. 

"You're the one who's the real idiot here." Baekhyun whispered in annoyance.

Baekhyun and Jongin ate a small breakfast at the kitchen of his apartment. After that, he accompanied her at school and they arrived ridin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter