We Versus Us

Headless Love (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sehun, he was there again: repetitively doing his weird habit of showering his hands with latex paint. It was not his neither his hobby, he just simply likes the cold sensation that touches his porcelain skin. Standing in front of the university's bathroom mirror, he was bewildered for a while; thinking about nothing. His mind was pretty blank today, he doesn't know why he couldn't create a new idea after finishing the drawing of that person. It's not that he was being mesmerized, he sees him as a very forgettable person because he was dressing stereotypically. Nothing was special except the way he gaze upon the horizons, his eyes were glistening without tears. An expression that only him can wear, a masterpiece.

Pressing the faucet, water ran throughout his hands. The assorted paint colors the crystal clear water as it gets polluted and dirty. He watched the silver aluminum sink being stained for a moment. Utter silence continues to occur, only the rustling of the water was heard. It was peaceful day at the university to be considerate. Known members of Es and Os are rarely being see around since the day that the video was uploaded by an anonymous. Some became wary and afraid of Kim Jongin, they were trying so hard not to bring out a topic that will pertain towards him. They don't want to get hurt, neither to have their lives at risk. Also, Yifan stopped contacting him too since then. He wonders what happened after the riot. 

There was no one around except him, most students during lunch break were out or at the library. Sehun was the only one there, alone in the long alley of empty classroom and open windows and doors. Wiping his hands with an old face towel, he began walking towards the stairs. He was just staring blankly at the wall, thinking about nothing. Every step that he takes echoes at the long and wide walls. It's just a usual day once again, nothing was new and abnormal. As soon as he reached the downstairs he met two girls that were also studying in that university. Oh, they are talking about the rumors again. The rumors that are haven't been proven to be true. It was an old tale but it still tickles the senses of some. It was said that someday Seoul City will burn into flames of wrath and revenge. A headless hero will come and rescue the people. Laughable, he guess but he really don't care. 

"Sehun!" he accidentally bumped into his cheerful classmate. He was naturally loud and energetic, he was the one of the most people Sehun is avoiding.

"Hi there." he nodded as a greet, his lips slightly straightened as he wishes not to have a conversation with the person.

"Es is on the move again, they ruined our favorite fast food restaurant." he sighed and shrugs as he felt extremely disappointed.

"What?" Sehun couldn't ponder the words he should be using, because it was not bothering him at all. Even if the entire supermarket that supports of the citizens' needs in on fire, he doesn't care at all. Why would an inspiring artist like him worry about the economy that never affects him at the first place? Yeah, he wanted to say "Okay fine, so what?".

"They attempted to hostage a school girl that was going out with her boyfriend and a doctor. There were no stolen videos but some already confirmed that it's true. But what makes it creepy is that they suddenly disappeared at the blink of an eye. Have you already heard it huh? Hyung I wonder what happened on that three..." sure, he talks a lot and it irritates Sehun. Calling him hyung reminds him of Yifan, a worthless friend that he can't neglect.

"What happened next?" wait, he made a mistake. He should've been nodding and pretending to be interested but he needs to hurry because he had something important to do.

"Well, I heard that some members of Es are being arrested. Whoa, it looks like they are slowly diminishing hyung." repeat that hyung or I will splatter some paint in your tongue — he didn't mean to say it on his mind. It made Sehun question himself if he was a nice or simply a heartless person. 

"I think that's a good news." he plastered a forced but not obviously fake smile. Well, he wishes that Os will break too so that he can sever ties with Kim Jongin. He found nothing nice on him, except the extravagant and breathtaking portraits hanging at the walls of the giant house. 

"I'm glad you're with me hyung! Do you think this is the beginning of genuine peace in Seoul City?" his fellow became excited to see the future.

"Yes, of course we are siding with order and justice." Sehun felt more stupid because he seemed to be really listening at him. This reminds him how he tries his best to ignore Yifan but ending up sharing a conversation with him. He don't understand, he don't know why does he always fall into this kind of traps. It's not that he hated humanity or everything that helps him to exist, he was not even a introvert or extrovert too. It's just that he really don't understand why he is like this.

"I knew this! We really should have taken Law instead of Fine Arts!" he was really loud that it's making his ears bleed at the grand volume of his voice. Thankfully there weren't a lot of people that surrounds them. He took a step away from him as he keeps his smile on his lips. Ah, his jaw is really weak and it makes him feel so tired. 

"I don't think that books and I can be best friends." he chuckled with a smile of irritation and regrets.

"You don't like literature?" 

"Not really, but my brain doesn't like processing millions of written words that turns into pictures and people once it became famous." he sighed.

"It's funny Sehun, maybe we are destined with colors, shapes and textures." he pats his shoulder. 

"You must be right, as well." and so they parted way for the day. Discovering that their one last long subject that has been scheduled was cancelled due to a valid reason, Sehun decided to go home and rest. 

Alone, he exited the gates of Seoul University and walked by the street side until he reached the pedestrian crossing lane that heads to his new apartment. There, he didn't noticed the petite girl in spectacles, she was carrying few grocery bags and a small box in her arms and hands. While waiting for the traffic light to turn green, they stood alongside and stared at the space. Numbers of vehicles and minutes passes by, the bright sky suddenly disappeared and it shifted into gray. Several eyes gazed upon the clouds and predicted that it is going to rain. After a moment, people that surrounds them began walking throughout the painted road.

What happened next was unpredictable, Sehun accidentally pushed Kyungsan and she quickly fell. All of the items she held on her arms scattered and her glasses parted from her. A person didn't noticed and stepped on it, broken she suddenly lost one of her essentials at the blink of an eye. Her vision was blurry and she couldn't stand up because of the wounded knee and knuckle. She smelled blood and felt pain there. She couldn't believe that she lost it, the only gift that her mother gave. Tears wouldn't form around her eyes but her heart was at the same state as the important material. The one that makes her remember whom is she disappeared. She stared at it for a while, she couldn't clearly see it. Sehun immediately gathered her belongings and picked her up from the ground. He didn't ran away, he quickly apologized and admitted that he didn't noticed her. With a single nod, she accepted his sincerity and allowed him to give a lift. 

Sehun offered her to visit a optician in order to replace her broken glasses. Kyungsan allowed him to do it in order to pay his mistake. Also, she noticed that he was already kind in the heart, his helping was not forced at all. He likes it, he felt heavily obligated to do it. Walking by the streets nearby the shopping mall, he volunteered to hold her hand so that he won't lose her. She was uncomfortable to be touched by other people for a while, but she eventually grew fine with it. Nothing bad will happen, he will just replace my glasses so that I can see well again — so told herself not to panic. Entering the said establishment, a member of Os happened to be roaming around. When they saw them passing by, he couldn't believe it. He couldn't believe seeing her with other man, Jongin will be angry once he discovers this. So in order to respect the only maiden in their founder's heart, he ended up keeping it as a secret. 

Rain began pouring as Kyungsan sat down in front of the table filled with tools and devices to measure her vision. She was nervous and uneasy, but when Sehun told her that it's going to be fine how much the glass would cost she was relieved. He told her that there will no awe or emotional ties, he also promised not to bother her as this day ends. She flashed a faint smile at him although she couldn't see him well. With a soft thank you, she turned around to face the person in charge of her measurement. Slightly shaking, she fixed her posture and prepared to be checked. Thirty minutes have passed, in an instant and fast customer service she was astonished at the moment her new pair of prescription glasses touched her hands. Nervous and a little anxious, she stood in front of the life-sized mirror. The pale cantaloupe shade with black tips fits on her perfectly, it was still the same pattern of frames but it seemed to be really different now. Her blushing cheeks resembled the ripe melons in the middle of the summer season. She felt embarrassed when Sehun appeared behind her, he was smiling; the good-looking college student was smiling at her. He was very glad that she liked it, he was thankful that she appreciated his token of apology. She slowly turned around and bowed her head. 

"Take care, we are not going to meet anymore." Sehun said as he sends Kyungsan inside the subway train. She looked at him until the automatic doors closed and the vehicle started moving away from its stop. It's a goodbye for a non-friend neither a potential foe. A farewell from a nice person, he was the only one that didn't taken advantage of her being meek and shy. Aside of Joy, he was the only man that touched her without a nasty intention of harassing her. Maybe this is a day that she can consider a little more normal than the usual, she wished one thing.

Luhan was frustrated, he failed in entrancing Baekhyun. She didn't even got surprised on how different he treated her this afternoon than the last time they met. He didn't made it, and a train wreck of a wonderful moment came. It pisses him off, for he couldn't believed that Chanyeol would show his face up and so the members of the tiresome Es. He began hating those gangs now than he does before. It seems like they will always ruin each moment that he could enjoy. If only he was given the chance to punch one of them, he will not hesitate and kick their butts. Aside from breaking the rules and destroying every places, what can these people do without harming anyone? 

Throwing his bag against the wall, switching the lights on and laying on the bed without changing his clothes. Luhan told himself to take a break from such events. He closed his eyes and listened to the rain that washes a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter