The Slasher and The Scythe Holder

Headless Love (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The case upon the lad found in a restricted place of the mall remained a secret among and between people that saw it. The wound on his chest was not good, but thankfully none of his vital organs got damaged. The setting of the crime scene has been already investigated by the police and authority, but things doesn't end in there. Wave of rumors and news published on the internet websites and newspapers suddenly spread like a wildfire. Along with the Os leader's confinement at the local hospital, several people has been slashed in certain areas of their body. 

Kim Jongin decided not to report his girlfriend to the police because he still loves her despite of what happened to him. He don't want to put a suspicion and malice over Kyungsan, but this seemed like something connected to her. His head is still aching whenever he is remembering it. The ferocious and beast-like view in her eyes along with the weapon that he had no idea where it came from. It's true that he is sure and claiming that it is a katana, a long and delicate dagger used in the feudal period. 

Yifan kept his promise and didn't told anyone about it. The members pursued to get an explanation, but all that they received is that their leader tripped on a slimy thing and hit his head. For a while, the pretext is effective. Sehun doesn't really care on what is fuss all about, as long as they don't got him involve in their situation he will be fine accompanying his friend this week at the hospital. He still had tasks and sketches to finish, but for some odd motivation he kept coming with him. He wondered if something wrong occurred in his head. He was surprised that he even caught himself laughing when the Os leader cracked a very lame joke.

Kyungsan suddenly brought down the call as soon as she screamed on the line. Baekhyun's forehead furrowed into thinking and worrying about her. She grabbed her jacket and sling back as she went out of the house. Mrs. Myeon had to chase her because it's already night and the streets are not safe to walk alone. Now that Dr. Park is still at work, Mr. Myeon restrictedly reminded his spouse to take good care of their daughter. She pulled her inside and locked the door with a secret code. 

Mrs. Myeon proceeded to the kitchen to finish preparing the dinner. Baekhyun had to wait for her to be completely out of sight. She began to dial random guess numbers and hoped that she can open it. But after several more tries, only the error beep sound was heard. She scratched her head in frustration and walked towards her mother. She sat down in front of the dining table and puts down her bag on the floor. Mrs. Myeon glanced and she shrugged as a confirmation that she had given up to go outside. She rested her head near the clean empty plate and sighed. She also put down her phone there and thought of calling Kyungsan again. But after several minutes of waiting, no one was picking it up. The night passed by with anxiety and more incidents related to the case of Os leader. 

Mr. Myeon had to remind his one and only sweet daughter to immediately come home after classes. Now that the so called The Slasher is just roaming around at the streets of Seoul City, he can't reassure her safety all the time. And what made the fright and precaution bigger? Is that members of Os, Es and also common people of the place had been stabbed by the unknown weapon. The public hospitals became crowded and short at staffs and nurses. Everyone in there had to work overtime in order to sustain the need in manpower. 

The police and authority held a secret meeting to discuss the matter. A courageous police detective named Kim Minseok stood up in front of the bright LED screen and speak up his theories. He said that it couldn't be just one person since ten percent of the population was victimized by The Slasher. There was huge possibility that it is also a rising gang and their leader is thirsty for some attention and recognition. Another product of lacking lessons about GMRC and behavior, he concluded. His audience reaction are divided into three, some were satisfied and agreeing with him. Some burst into laughter and said that it wasn't funny or pun worthy though. Some said that it can be true or false. So to summarize, the investigation about could be half success or fail.

It's been already week, and no one had a clue who is the ultimate culprit of all this things. The residents and visitors are starting to avoid going out at night and visiting narrower place. They are afraid to meet The Slasher since the victims stated that its face are shadow with eyes glowing crimson red like its bloodlust. The couldn't tell or pass a judgment if it is a girl or a boy. All that they could remember is the pain of being harmed and her long dangerous weapon. 

Monster, Destroyer, The Slasher, of Cursed Angel. Articles about it continued to spread after a month. Jongin could really help the authority in arresting Kyungsan for her violation against the law. The mysterious girl in circular spectacles and books was given a lot of nicknames for remaining unfounded. The Os leader was finally released from the hospital, he haven't even completely left the establishment he already received calls of help from s. So he opened their secret chatting website and posted an announcement.

"Tomorrow I'll see all of you. Prepare to tell me all that happened." -Os L.

"Sure, we'll see you leader-nim."

"I would like to tell about that The Slasher will be soon busted."

"Yes, yes I agree."

"Let's kick its head up high if he be the first to capture her!"

"Let her play knife throwing with boss!"

"This must be some evil doings by the Es, since almost everyone here got stabbed."

"You mean those bastards that are worshipping a head? Well, it is possible."

The members of Os continued to discuss the matter there, Jongin helplessly shuts down his phone and walked out of the hospital. Sehun and Yifan accompanied him until he arrived home. The aspiring fine arts student became bewildered and amazed how much expensive paintings hanging on those wide walls. It was the first time he took attention on things around him. His friend had to slap his back in order to regain his normal consciousness. He rolled his eyes because he is annoying, but the truth is he was embarrassed that his cheeks blushed red.

Before leaving, Yifan mentioned again Kyungsan to Jongin. Her name made him frown instead of laughing, does the way he sees her changed now? His gang member wondered why she stabbed his boyfriend when they never had a lover's quarrel before. Ever since the day she said yes to him, he was always excited whenever someone speaks out something good about her. 

It saddened Yifan, for he knew how much Jongin worked in full effort just to protect her. He was always sending members to watch over her and to keep her safe. She may not be aware how much he cared and loved her, what a hopeless relationship they had. They left him in the gates of their house with a vague farewell. At the subway, Sehun was still wondering where does the Os leader's family got all of those paintings. He only saw few of them over the internet and museum, they must be dead rich as he expected. Well, providing weapons and funds without a sponsor is kind of whoa. 

Baekhyun arrived at school early today, Mr. Myeon had to flood her with unending reminders of being careful before allowing her step out of the car. She grew tired of listening to his worryings when there's nothing to stress on. She knew, she is aware of The Slasher and Kyungsan's latest call that made her shaken. She couldn't help but to think of it, she can't behave unless she can get her address. For each day that passes, she will always try to call her but again no one was picking it up. 

At classes she can't help but to get distracted because Kyungsan's voice kept echoing to her ear. There is really something wrong in this situation, in this place, in the people. She is barely listening to the teacher and thinking of a way to sneak out from her father's guards. If only their eyes will be driven in a reverse direction, she can take the opportunity to visit P.J. High School. Irene and Yeri continued to discuss their crushes on the lunch break and didn't noticed how anxious their friend are. They kept batting their eyelashes because of the new cosmetic product released at the mall yesterday. The smell of the fruity but strong perfume makes her head ache whenever she is next to them. 

An idea suddenly came into Baekhyun's mind. She can actually lie in order to deceive the guards of her father. She can tell them that she had forgotten to give something to a friend in that school and enter the place without a hassle. Once he found Kyungsan, she won't stop asking her about it until she gave up and answer it. There's no way she can be relaxed this time. Now that The Slasher incident is on trend and becoming worst.

But the plan became closer to failure when she saw Dr. Park at the school's yard. His job on the neighboring city has been finished and now he is going to see his special patient. At the end of the class, Yeri gave Baekhyun a brand new lip gloss in a cherry shade. She don't want one but because she is Joy's good old friend she had no choice but to act it out. She thanked her with a forced smile that turned out to be not obvious. She had to wait for her and Irene to completely o out of the school campus. As soon as the car drove outside the gates, she rushed downstairs to meet her personal doctor. 

Chanyeol greeted her with his smile and asked her how she felt in the past days. Instead of a grin, her head fell low. He didn't expected her to see being gloomy today, so he opened his back and picked up the gift for her. Baekhyun winced and stared at him when she saw it was a book that wasn't available at the bookstore. But after the nice surprise from a long leaving, it didn't made her happy at all. She had to wander her eyes around before asking a small favor from him. Being short is a struggle to reach a tall person's head. She was obligated to tiptoe in order to tell him about it. 

Dr. Park attentively and carefully listened to every word she muttered like a lover from an old movie. His stare is straight and only concentrated at Baekhyun. His gesture are open but only focused to her. He even had to lift her like his younger sister to reach him. After whispering, she pouted and requested to be brought down. She became timid and waited for his approval. But it didn't even took her a minute before she heard his decision and opinion. He nodded and accepted her request, but there was a flood of worrying again. While he was away, he kept hearing rumors and the news about the mysterious creature or person that slashes its victims anywhere in the torso area. 

His forehead wrinkled as he looked at Baekhyun with worrying. She looked away and felt frustrated. Why he is always treating her like an actual teenage girl when she was already existing before his parents? Well, it is true that she is still at the state of studying Seoul, but that is not the point to see her as a weak human. She was also a former

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter