Maybe Love is a Poison,

Headless Love (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love.

Love is a kind of element that had were born along with the very first day that the Earth was created. Invisible, but it was everywhere and anywhere. Colorless, translucent and doesn't have a proper form. Beautiful and indescribable despite of being unseen. Can be a friend or a foe, for it was dangerous and helpful at the same time. It also heals a broken heart and completely destroys an innocent soul. Unpredictable like the wind, and storm. Felt and normal, this how they theorized love. It could be a poison, it could be the panacea, it could be the best and the worst. In between, at the right or at the left. Neutral, one-sided and unclear. 

Before going to bed, Baekhyun was more uneasy than before. It's not that she was stressed up after talking to Dr. Park, her heart was still racing even with the absence of his actual presence. Excited, anticipating, she can no longer wait for tomorrow afternoon to come. She rushed downstairs and went to Mr. Myeon's mini library to find a dictionary. There was only one word that keeps speaking on her mind. Love, an element which every single living being has. It doesn't worries her, but it is making her a little bothered.

Love - a intense feeling of deep affection.

Love - a deep romantic or ual attachment to someone.

Droopy eyes grew wider with every words that her brain registers. It's definition was accurate, but the bothering turns into fear. Baekhyun was still a man in the heart and being attracted to Dr. Park is not fine. Also, a dullahan is not allowed to interact with humans which is a law that she already violated. But the series of unfortunate events made her fell into it. She don't want, but she can't either prevent it. Her heart was automatically stuck in the clouds whenever she hears his voice. Reading the signs and symptoms of being in love below the definitions printed at a page of an Encyclopedia, all of it was dead accurate at her. 

It makes her difficult to breathe, panting she strongly shook her head and tried to convince herself that she was only exaggerating. There's no way she had already fallen in love with him, there was no assurance that it was really it. Mr. Myeon's voice echoed in the living room, and as soon as he open the door of the library inside their house Baekhyun was able to snuck back at her room. Love, all that she could ever fill on her mind was Dr. Park and nothing anymore. 

Silence lingered in the neighborhood when she had stopped rolling back and forth on her bed and noticed that it was getting closer to twelve midnight. The dark sky was littered with millions of shining stars that lights up every land along with the sliver moon. Getting up, she walked towards the windows and shoves the curtains that conceals the view of the outside. The weather is clear and good, there were no signs of raining or thunderstorms. Just like how her day ended, peaceful yet still violent. She wanted to write something on her blank and unused notebook, but switching on the lights will wake someone. Also, she wanted to keep it a secret with herself. Maybe it's not to late to change how she sees Chanyeol. Maybe there's still a remedy to halt her from over thinking about him. Maybe she is just being delusional for a while, it's just an impulse and sudden — she puts herself at ease. 

Lying back on bed and wrapping her entire body with a clean and drenched with fabric conditioner, Baekhyun closed her eyes and wished that she will not find herself dreaming about the body and Chanyeol again. Praying that tonight would be like that diary; blank and nothing. She wanted to wake up tomorrow with a good feeling and not thinking of anything unnecessary. The next day, her alarm clock woke her up in time. Even before sunrise and daylight, she was already up and preparing the things that she is going to bring with her at school. Wiping unwanted grease and small dirt at her flag, Baekhyun decided to take a solo practice in the garden or Mrs. Myeon without a song playing in the air. 

Recalling the steps, practicing and improving her movements; the nervousness to face the Baton Club's leader and Marching Band's face was still there. Wearing pajamas with a cardigan because it was pretty chill, she carefully went downstairs with a flag that was given to her. Some maids and servants were already awake and preparing the breakfast and other things, they greeted and bowed their heads at the heiress with an expression of deep respect and adoration. Baekhyun thought that Joy must be really a nice person so no one is being rude at her, not even once.

Unlocking and pulling the glass sliding door, Baekhyun slipped on her slightly used P.E. shoes and stepped outside. Taking a deep breath, she hoped that no one will call her name or interfere her self-practice until it was six in the morning. She felt revitalized and fresh, what she wished last night was granted instantly. The land deity must be so kind and understanding that she listened on a wish of a person that was not even a human. Stretching her arms towards the sky and jogging a little, she picked up her flag and began. Twirling and how to make the dormant flag appealing to every eye, Baekhyun was trying her best to perfect the role that was given to her. This time, she cannot disappoint the leaders, members and especially Yeri and Irene. 

Irene, it was unexpected her to blew words that instantly erased Baekhyun's fear to fail or make a mistake. Her eyes glistened with a very friendly stare as they sat alongside at the corner while break. Yeri, she was always there but never consistent. Sometimes she was smiling, pouting, frowning or plainly being depressed because her order of beauty products in a famous and large company didn't came. To put it blunt and straight forwarded, that friend was vain and self-centered. Although those two were always talking about boys, crushes and being pretty, Irene stopped blabbering about such things whenever she is with Baekhyun. Sure, the Joy they knew had changed a lot since her face went under the knife. 

Joy was always talking about how famous she would be if she ever become a star. She was often boastful about how a lot of boys in their school and outside were deeply-attracted at her. Owning a pretty face and good looks, her name was quite known among the teens who had the same age as her. Despite of being a little arrogant and proud, her personality was anticlimactic. She was naturally kind and weak too. She was a girl who is just in need of attitude advises and a a little psychological help. In the past few days that Baekhyun was her, she eventually realized that it was the society that makes her a different people that seeks attention and care. Not steer clear, it was odd to know that Mr. and Mrs. Myeon are great parents despite of being constantly busy.

Baekhyun's thoughts continue to dwell, until she noticed that the sky is shifting into another new day. She dropped her flag along with the beads of sweat on her skin. She gazed upon it and waited until the clock strikes six in the morning. In spite of all those things, this was the first time she was grateful of being alive and well. Despite of having head placed in the wrong body and gender, she was glad that she was able to meet new people and some of them became her friends. There must be a reason why a sleeping dullahan came to this place, not only to find a new fortune but to break though into something special and spectacular. 

Baekhyun turned more cheerful than yesterday, she returned home hopping and humming a certain song. A song that was vague and hard to recall, but she can play the tune and few of its lyrics. Mrs. Myeon's sleepy eyes opened wide open when she found her daughter sweating and panting as if she was very exhausted. Part of being overprotective, she called one of their maids and commanded her to get a new pair of clothes. The maid rushed upstairs as she quickly follows her master. Her dubbed mother was really a very caring and thoughtful person that even the smallest details that are unnecessary are being noticed. 

Sitting down in front of a table abundant with warm and delicious meals, Baekhyun felt slightly grateful for experiencing such blessings. Barely remembering the past, she can tell that she haven't had a breakfast with her family. Her lips gradually curved into a closed smile as they thanked the heavens for a new day. She finished the meal with a glass of fresh milk, but when she was about to rise Mr. Myeon offered to drive her to school. Baekhyun flinched and immediately shook her head as a refusal. She said that she was already fine taking the subway train and taking several steps before arriving at school. Stepping out from a Maserati would catch a lot of attention and maybe hate. She don't want them to see how rich the Myeon family is, she want to remain in a low profile so that no one will see her as a boastful person.

A nice idea, but Mr. Myeon did not let her daughter won over him. As a parent, he was still worried and not confident on Baekhyun's safety. Hearing from an early morning news that a student almost got killed by just stopping by in a park. According to the caster, the identity of the victim was hoarded for security reasons. She was assaulted with a baseball bat, but luckily she was saved form having her face burned. From an interview to a police officer named Inspector Detective Kim Minseok, the culprit was about to pour a bottle of an acid to the victim when he came. He shot him in the leg and his fellow police officers too tried to chase him, but at the blink of an eye the criminal disappeared and no longer seen around. The poor victim is currently recovering at the local hospital after the wounds and injuries as being treated. 

Defeated, Baekhyun hesitantly nodded and walked along with Mr. Myeon. Mrs. Myeon seemed to be so excited to see her daughter ride a car with her spouse. As Baekhyun stepped inside, she waved her hand and closed the door. Starting the engine, they left the yard and finally head out. Mr. Myeon the radio on a low volume and put it on a live news broadcast. Updates about the government problems, revealed corruption, several crimes, the weather forecast. Nothing was new and head turner except the assault victim that had no idea why the attack was placed on.

The father and daughter was silent until they stopped by in front of the school gates. As Baekhyun tells Mr. Myeon to have a nice day and see him tonight, Irene just came too from their family car. The two girls quickly approached and greeted each other. The hugged and kissed on each other's cheeks as they head towards the school grounds. It was still early and they began talking about the practice for the district competition. Slowly removing the case and ties of their baton and flag, they entered the gymnasium and found their club members already stretching and changed into jogging pants and cotton t-shirts. 

"Good morning!" the Baton Club leader greeted them with a wide and refreshing smile. 

"Good morning." Irene and Baekhyun greeted back in chorus. Wandering their eyes around, Yeri haven't arrived yet. She used to be an early bird among the three of them, but now it looks like she is going to be late. 

"What's with that outfit leader-nim?" Irene asked the leader of the Marching Band with creasing eyebrows as she takes out her majorette baton.

"The basketball team is going to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter