Fancy Glitters are Burning!

Headless Love (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"It's a different world where we belong. A place where the unusual is the normal and the normal is accepted too. Have you ever asked them how does it feel to be laughing to? Have you ever wondered why are we like this?"

Baekhyun unintentionally fallen asleep in the middle of the class discussion. Tired, lacking of rest and stress is how she felt these past days. Bombarded with endless home works, written activities and also the baton club. She was nervous and ashamed to admit that she cannot dance the same way that Joy does. Ever since she became a girl, it's an everyday struggle to remain being poised and feminine. Even the sitting posture filled with pressures. If only he can turn back time, he would never come here in Seoul. It's a headache.

She stared at the dozens of frames hanging on the walls of the guidance councilor's office. The room was quiet and tidy, everything compiled there was organized and well-arranged. Baekhyun sat down in front of the wooden table painted in mahogany with a transparent glass at the top of it. Old-fashioned, but never out of style and trend. She wandered her eyes around and found no one, even in the office chair at the other side there was no person. She leaned towards the wall and waited until the chancellor comes and began talking about her violation. 

Fingers crossed, she prays that they will not contact her tampered parents. She will be more embarrassed and unable to face Dr. Park once they decided to apply a punishment on her. Scratching her head and feeling the tangles of her long hair, Baekhyun couldn't steady on her posture. She stood up, turned around and stomped her feet just to shake away the trembling on her knees. Once they decided to talk on Mr. and Mrs. Myeon, she won't be able to show her face for weeks. She didn't mean to fall asleep during Mathematics, it' just she had forgotten to take some Vitamin C so she ended up being drowsy. 

From the glass window, she saw no one is passing by. She stepped outside for a while and still saw no one coming. She returned to the uncomfortable mono block chair that swells her back and sighed in boredom. She closed her eyes and fallen into a nap. The next time she opened her eyes, she found a woman on the other side. She was reading the papers clipped on the plastic folder, pictures printed on it reflected at her pair of prescription spectacles. Baekhyun got up in a awkward manner, her skirt was even lifted because she kept spreading her legs as if she was still a man. More embarrassment, more shame. She bites her lower lip and silently faced the person that everyone in the school called chancellor. 

She stiffly waved her hand at her to call her attention. The chancellor flashed a kind smile at her as she exhales and began talking. She picked up a folder beside the table and opened it, revealing the records of the student named Joy Myeon. With a photograph of the real owner of the body, Baekhyun knew this is how supposed she look until today. Cute, sweet-looking and innocent, she was the only heiress of the largest pharmaceuticals in South Korea. Born in a decent family history and sufficient wealth. Surely a lot of teenage girls are wishing to be her. Unfortunately, she died in a unsuccessful plastic surgery. Horrible, really. The more she thinks of it, the more it brings her ego down. That shouldn't have happened at all- she said on her mind.

The chancellor was wearing a small smile but Baekhyun can tell that she is a good person despite of being so quiet. Her strings of thoughts was cut at the moment that she began speaking. The guidance councilor's voice was deep and almost masculine. Her sentences are short and precise. She immediately went to the reason why the student was called out. After reading a little of Joy Myeon's background, she lifted her head and started what they should have been doing.

"Ms. Myeon, I am aware that you read all the rules and regulations of our school. Am I right?" one of her eyebrows covered by heavily-framed spectacles lifted. 

"Y-yes, I am. I know it, I'm sorry for taking a nap. I didn't mean it." Baekhyun bowed as she responded in a polite way.

"No need to apologize Ms. Myeon, you're going to suspended today." she declared the punishment without a pause.

"Eh? Why? I-I... can it be by next month? The baton.. the baton club is currently practicing for the competition." Baekhyun's eyes grew wide.

"Well, that is the sanction for your violation Ms. Myeon. Have a nice day, you may head out now." the chancellor eventually ended their conversation. 

With a long face, a frowning expression, Baekhyun stepped out of the room without further complain. She slowly and carefully closed the door as she turned towards and goes to the section's room. She was very embarrassed and couldn't imagine how much Mr. and Mrs Myeon will be saddened if they saw her coming home in the middle of a noon. She gripped on her skirt as she manages her way back. She met a lot of fellow students at the hallways, it suddenly felt awkward because some eyes were driven at her direction. When she arrived at her destination, she found Yeri and Irene waiting for her. They stood up and hurried to know what happened to her. 

Baekhyun only shook her head with a fake smile, her friends quickly understood that she was not forgiven. Picking her back adn belongings up, she waved her baton at them and ran out of the classroom. No one asked why she was going home at lunch break. A group of female students bat their eyes at her, they whispered at each other and laughed as if it was very funny. It doesn't bothers her, because she knows that their prejudice won't put a single scratch at her. It doesn't matter if tomorrow morning a rumor would be shoved at her face, all that she was thinking about is how to not make Mr. and Mrs. Myeon down. 

When she reached the school's exit gate, she decided to call Dr. Park to lessen her anxiety. He was the only person that she knows that will listen to her whatever and anything about she is thinking. It is ringing, but after several minutes he didn't answered. Sighing in frustration, she began walking towards the subway station. Her head is slightly aching, maybe she needs a half-day of resting. Oh that's right! The school administration said that they won't call them at first violation. A naughty smirk formed at her lips as she found an excuse to blabber. 

Going home early as a punishment is not bad at all. Well if only all schools would cut their time shorter, students don't have to struggle on managing their schedules. Today felt lighter and better than the recent weeks of studying. Instead of being disappointed to herself, Baekhyun even cheered her pride as she raises her hands towards the baby blue sky. 

"La, la, la, la..." she hummed as she happily walks throughout the pedestrian lane. The traffic light turned red and green as everyone made it to across the other street.

Dr. Park stared at himself on the mirror, a small drop of blood was left at his cheek. He just finished aiding a rich man who is running a business underground. He was shot by a member of Os, that's how they explained the situation. They told him that there was a kid riding a bicycle and stopped in front of the group. He pulled a small gun, they suspected it to be a pistol something that might be a revolver by judging the sound of it. Well, he barely worries about such issues and secret. The fact that he only came to work, clearly states that he will not help in searching the culprit. While he was pulling out the bullet buried in the man's flesh, they cursed at the situation how much they suffered a little. 

Automatically the business trading on illegal firearms were frozen since this morning. Transactions are cannot be performed without the head of the group. They were pissed and made a promise carved in a stone that they will hunt and behead whoever shot their boss. Chanyeol only listened as he accomplishes his task. With a crisp price wrapped in brown paper and tied with an elastic band, he bowed and left them there. 

If Chanyeol is required to describe himself using a game, he might be the spectator. For he never participates in any event or situation unless he was called to operate or aid an injured. He admits it, he was never a good person. The effects of not passing the licensure exam was still there in his heart. If only, if only. There were a lot of regrets and self-blaming inside of him. It's a shame that his father was an excellent citizen that pays his taxes and fulfills his obligations had a son that is living in shadows. In order to survive, he accepted to be an underground doctor that every criminal, latent criminal or illegal operator will lean on.

A glimpse of bit sadness was felt on his chest as he walks in daylight. He is getting older and older and some are even joking at him as an old fogey. They were laughing when they discovered that he had no girlfriend since the day that he was born. Sometimes, he is wondering if he is just weird or plain ugly. He often asks himself if he was unattractive or looked like a character came out straight form a horror video game. Maybe Luhan is partially right, the blonde shade doesn't quite fits on him. It makes him odd more. With a snort, he pulled a stick of cigarette and lit it up with a lighter hiding in his pocket. 

Living in Seoul City is getting more stressful as each day passes by. When he was planning to sever ties with Mr. Myeon, he never liked it when Joy died accidentally. It’s Frustrating, because he doesn't know if there's an escape door prepared for him. He is not wishing to stay here forever. One day, he dreamed of moving out of the city but at the blink of an eye things became more complicated and difficult to settle. Being a farmer of caretaker of strawberry fields is not bad at all. He wondered if he will look fine in denim jumper, a waterproof boots and in a straw hat. Living in a rural place seemed to be a very good choice.

A shot of Baekhyun's face appeared on his mind, he opened his messenger bag and looked at his phone. He winced when he saw numbers of missed called from her. He gazed upon the sky and thought that she just wanted a small talk. With a soft chuckle, he threw his smoke and decided to go home already. Shaking off the other thoughts, there's no way that a someone like him will be noticed by a beautiful being. He was just a bland bag of blood that is greedy and selfish. There's no way that someone like her will ever try dating him.

Dr. Park stood up and waited along with the other citizens of Seoul City. With his old and usual habit, he began observing his surroundings. Nothing was new, and everything was repeated for every day, every month or every year. The streets was pretty peaceful and clean because Os and Es seemed be hiding on their places again and planning what they are going to do next. The shooting of an underground entrepreneur remained a secret and was carefully sealed, so it never became a rumor or an issue that most people would be chat to. His long white laboratory gown fluttered along with the gentle but polluted wind. His eyes and thr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter