On a Rainy Night

Headless Love (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jongin was able to put control on himself as he began chasing the household's maid. He gripped tightly onto the railing and tried to gain his human consciousness. After a moment of struggling to be normal, he dropped the scissors on the ground floor and throw up. He vomited nothing yet his stomach felt swirling like a Mary-go-round. Even though he suddenly became sick, he was glad that he didn't hurt anyone. The main rushed towards him and apologized for panicking and screaming. He just stood up and went back to his room. 

The extreme level of the urge to kill someone dominated his soul. Jongin doesn't know where the bloodlust came from. From a mood of thing Kyungsan, he suddenly became closer to insanity. The day ended with a stormy weather, it was already dinner but he couldn't even take a spoonful of his meal. He can still smell rot and taste the bitterness in his mouth. He had taken a medication to shake it off, but still nothing changes. He was about to call Yifan, but his phone's signal was dead. Rolling thunders and lightning reflected at the window panes of his room. If this unexplained phenomenon is going to casually happen to him, this is not going to do anything good. 

Jongin kept it a secret as he lied back to his bed, wrapped himself in warm blanket and sent himself to sleep. He had no dream, only the trace of the sensation he received was in there. He may be a sadist that loves seeing and initiating violence, but killing people never occurred on his mind. The night passed by with shivers and fright of becoming a psychopath. He don't want to do anything out of his league. He kept muttering Kyungsan before he rested. 

Kyungsan woke up in the school's clinic with closed curtains and incandescent lights that are blinking. It's already evening and she haven't went home. The resident nurse and the dean responsible for accepting Baekhyun and Chanyeol were obligated to woke overtime just to watch her. She was alone in a room with basic medical apparatuses and medicines. At the moment she opened her eyes, she only found rows of empty beds in white in front of her. She glanced at her left and saw a folded piece of notebook page on it. She picked it up and realized that it was from Dr. Park Chanyeol. It was a letter of apology and bringing her a great inconvenience. He also wrote that he didn't mean to hit her at the head, it's just that he had no choice but to knock her asleep. The words he had chosen are sincere and nice to read, a small smile painted on her lips as she closes it. 

She rose up and wore her shoes and uniform cardigan, she went out of the room and saw the school nurse heading towards her direction. She was glad that Kyungsan had awaken, now they can go home and rest for the evening. They gave each other short farewell as they parted at the gates. She took out her folding umbrella and head home. She couldn't stop grinning whenever she remembers the way that Baekhyun fought her. Her movements are gentle yet precise and accurate. Like her, it's obvious that both of them has been wielding those special weapons for centuries. It made her heart raced and blood boil in excitement and anticipation. She can't wait to battle with her that way again next time. 

But Kyungsan's demon form has been put to sleep and it won't be active for the next few weeks. She used a lot of her energy to keep on with Baekhyun. So now and until that time again, she had to be a normal human again. The next days will be normal and common again. Her children will be at ease again. And Es and Os won't have to worry at her danger again.

The power planted on her veins -the eternal sword, came from her ancestors. It was one of the biggest secret that are still being kept after her grand grandparents migrated to Seoul. The power of Saika, the ability to control countless souls and consciousness. But there is a price to pay, you had to continuously feed the weapon in order to survive the chronic burden and sorrow. Saika is also called The Cursed Sword, for it already taken thousands of lives and sold innocent souls to the devil. A permanent terror that will always be one with the successor. For those who can't properly handle it, they will instantly die. Their bodies will turned into ashes are they burn in the hell's fire. Death, was the origin and creator of it. 

Kyungsan had to wear prescription glasses since the day she inherited the sword from her mother. At the moment that the curse has been transferred to her, her sight became poor. It was just an accident, an event that no one ever wished to happen. When she was just only eight, her parents owned an antique store and a small library where you can borrow classic and old books. Everything was doing well since the day she was born, everyone in the family is thankful to have a daughter like her. Her grandmother would always visit her one a week and bring her favorite food and snacks. She was satisfied the way her life is, but those dream-like memories changed when her mother woke up in the middle of a snowy night and suddenly stabbed her own father.

She said that she can't take it anymore and if she don't feed the sword it is going to eat her instead. Kyungsan had no idea how it turned out like that, she woke up finding her father's lifeless body at the kitchen. Her mother told her that she is constantly hearing the devil's whisper, commanding her to kill them. She had eyes glowing red and lips stained with blood. She tried to eliminate her daughter, but the Saika decided to choose a new proprietor. The power of darkness suddenly leaped over and her mother burned into ashes. 

The traumatic experience drove Kyungsan into comatose. When she woke up, she was no longer smiling like before. She would always tend to be alone and isolate herself from the society. Only books became her friends and accompany. Her grandmother died last year and now she was living alone on their old house. No one will ever visit or stop by to see her, it was a complete solitude. She was used to it, it doesn't matter to her what people could think of her. She doesn't care if they spread gossips about her. She just wanted to take care of the eternal sword. For Kyungsan, this is the most important thing in her life.

It was already late when Chanyeol noticed Luhan's missed calls. He was surprised to discover that his friend is inviting him on a dinner. This is rare and never happened before, he wondered what has gotten into him. Him and Baekhyun got stuck on a waiting shed because the rain suddenly poured heavy while they are making their way to the subway station. He was about to bring her home, but the weather interrupted the last part of the plan. The sky is a total darkness and the signal of their phones died a while ago. Even though having the batteries charged enough, the mobile device became useless to call for help. 

There were no single car or cab passing by, the streets of Seoul are totally dead and quiet. There are few people walking by, but they are all in hurry. Chanyeol sighed at the long period of waiting for the rain to stop. Baekhyun was patiently sitting down on the street bench beside him. She was cold and drench, but she wasn't complaining at all. Chanyeol had to take off his casual jacket and put it on her. It's not that he had a pity on her, it's just that he feels responsible for bringing her at P.J. High School and meeting Kyungsan. They haven't discussed about The Slasher and how are they going to stop her, but one thing is for sure she won't let her harm more victims again.

Now that her power as a dullahan has awakened, Baekhyun won't hesitate opposing her first friend in this place. Now that the scythe found its way home to her, she is going to do everything just to stop her. Also to make her speak about her intentions and reasons of assaulting members of Es and Os. To open wider the mystery and unravel the truth about the people who stole her body and head. Chanyeol exhales as he gave up on waiting, he glanced at her and plastered a faint smile. He walked towards and sat down beside her. He was embarrassed for failing on his promise. He wasn't able to keep her safe and sound. 

The curved of smile shifted into an expression of sadness, Baekhyun slowly shook her head and told him that it's fine with her. He leaned forward and interlocked his fingers as he avoided her staring. Both of them are cold, wet and hungry. They need to do something, or else someone is going to be sick tomorrow morning. Dr. Park grabbed his large handkerchief and called her. She quickly responded to him, he requested her to move closer to him and so she followed.

"I really shouldn't allowed you to see Ms. Do." he said in a wavering voice.

"Chanyeol, what's the matter?" Baekhyun looked at him with an expression of worrying.

"I'm sorry for what happened Baekhyun. I never thought that your friend is someone further than a ordinary human." he carefully wrapped the handkerchief on her head and tied it on behind.

"It's fine, I should be the one ashamed on myself. If only I didn't forced you to carry me there, that won't happen." she chuckled and pats her own head.

"It's amazing how the wound on your neck disappeared that easily." he tightened the scarf to secure the scars from being visible.

"Dullahans had an incredible ability to recover instantly." she said.

"I am glad that you remained safe although I ran away and left you there." he frowned.

"Chanyeol, those students are Kyungsan't fruits."

"Fruits? Are they her children?" 

"Yes, those people who hunted you with crimson eyes are her victims. Kyungsan is a Saika, a strong Saika. I don't know what is she is trying to do, but it's clear. We both see it with our own eyes. She is The Slasher." Baekhyun concluded.

They stood up and looked at each other's eyes. This time, they won't let themselves wait for nothing. Chanyeol held Baekhyun's hand firmly and they began running at the nearest stay-in establishment there. They got more drenched and they shivered at the coldness of the water and rain. They moved as fast as they could until they reached the building's front. As they gazed upon its signage, his eyes grew wide in surprise.

He had to bite his lower lips not to tell Baekhyun what Motel means. She looked at him a perplexed face and was about to ask him, but he suddenly pulled her closer. They took few steps away from the building's front roof, but he was stopped when she grabbed the hem of his shirt. He coughed and shook his head, telling her that they won't proceed inside. She asked him why, he couldn't tell her that it was place especially for lovers and people under adultery. She gave him a mean look and dragged him along with her. 

Baekhyun was surprisingly strong that she can pull Dr. Park's weight with bare hands. He continued shaking his head and refusing, she pouted and rolled her eyes.

"I thought this is the place to spend tonight?" she asked.

"W-wait Baekhyun, oh I mean Ms. Joy this is-" he tri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter