Dumb, Dumb and the Smartest

Headless Love (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I screamed for help obviously.” Yeri smiled sheepishly and interlocked her fingers together. Baekhyun fell speechless with a astonished stare at her friend.

It was complicated and something not to take lightly. If the police didn’t passed by in accident, she wouldn’t be able to make it by today. The thick bandage and underneath was a cemented bone and flesh at Yeri’s left arm makes her frown and sadder than yesterday. Things are getting harder as each day ends, a lot of people are being affected by the very small change in Seoul City.

From the day that a head that was permanently detached on the body; a long series of unfortunate and also supernatural events came by. The Slasher incident that was quickly forgotten for some unknown reason and the murder of innocent people that had nothing to do with such things that involves the gangs. For Yeri, it doesn’t matter anymore if the police catches the main culprit behind the assault. Learning that the city was no longer safe like before inspires her to reveal her true self.

With the awkward silence that occurred right after Yeri told the story, Baekhyun kept her head low and decided to stop speaking.

“I’m okay, don’t be such a drama queen now Joy. It’s not that you can actually do anything to help me, you and Irene had the same reaction. But she ended up understanding why I am such a psycho. I didn’t shed much tears, I only cried because of the physical pain.” she said.

“Yeri, I’m sorry. I’m not going to be a crybaby again in front of you.” Baekhyun responded with a glance.

“You were never a crybaby Joy. You’ve been always making decision for yourself and not allowing your father and mother to manipulate you. It drives me curious what made you a soft-hearted person.” Yeri rested her head on the white pillow and sighed. 

"Ah, can we quit talking about how I changed? How about the Baton Club? Do you think we can make it to the regional’s?" Baekhyun faked a chuckle and scratched her nape covered with thick hair. 

"I don't think I'll ever be able to twirl for the next two months Joy. I'm sorry." 

"It's fine, I understand why."

Baekhyun left Yeri with a respectful bow and a faint smile on her lips. Discovering that her friend was hurt because of her makes her difficult to breath. She can't accept it, they shouldn't be affected about it and why the hell are those heartless people dragging them in the situation. As she walks down the aisle of a severely populated area of the hospital, her grip on the uniform skirt tightened. She can't bear it, she wanted to cry the pain out but no tears would show. Her chest feels heavy, she don't understand it. Why it must be them that are experiencing the worse than her? Her head and heart aches by just remembering the last time she saw Chanyeol.

He kept wearing that wide and bashful expression despite of the suffering. He never complained no matter how hard he was going through. He was always there whenever there are troubles or not. He was the only person that mostly understands her. Now that he is gone along with the Seoul City's returning into its normal pace, is there no one will ask or try to find Dr. Park aside from her? This frightens her, what if Luhan also disappeared and will no longer be seen? Baekhyun don't want to lose them, it's because of them that's why she remained playing Joy' role. If the did not helped her to accept her new identity, she had already lost herself or committed self-harming. 

"Did it became a nice meeting?" Baekhyun's gray and swollen eyes grew wide when she saw Chanyeol on his laboratory gown and spectacles. He was standing there in the end of the hallways with arms wide open and a wide cheerful expression. His smile melted her yearning heart as she fell bewildered while heading towards him. 

"Miss Myeon, is there something matter?" his forehead wrinkled into wondering and worrying. 

"No, it's nothing. I thought something bad happened to you." she gasped.

"Huh, are you really alright?" Baekhyun tripped at the moment she realized that it was just a hallucination. It was actually Jongdae, and he had also finished visiting Irene whom herself appeared behind him waving her injured hand. 

Disappointment is what she felt that things will not always go the way she wanted. The tight grip on her uniform skirt fell as she follows the two at the cafeteria. Thankfully, Irene was not that badly hurt but learning that she became an off spring of Saika makes Baekhyun worried. Really, Kyungsan had no qualms for anyone. Even if it will be her friend's friend, she won't show a mercy whenever her eternal sword needs to be feed. She had not much idea that she had already began slashing the sea of strangers even before they met. 

The Walpurgisnacht, it makes the weight on Baekhyun's shoulders heavier. It is heading towards this city and aims to destroy the entire place. But after researching that the Walpurgis was something to do with a spiritual battle, she assumed that it must be a metaphor. Kyungsan used a medieval figure for not to blatantly state the devil that dwells in Seoul. She had acquired an information that she can't give to anyone except her. What is unusual is that she should've have known what Walpurgisnacht is, if it was an old tale in old times it must be familiar on her. Baekhyun's expression darkened when she remembered that most of her memories while she was still with her body were missing. 

"Do your best plastic doll, I know that you can do it whatever your goal is." Yeri jokingly pronounced those words as Baekhyun closed the door. The entitle was half-real and half-lie. How come she can still do her best when one of the people whose on her side are no longer around? Every morning will never be the same anymore. No more early messages that will lighten her up, no more real conversations, she is ready to give up once the so called Walpurgisnacht targets her. She doesn't know if the powers that she possess could make any difference or help, there was no assurance and courage anymore in her faltering heart.

Irene joyfully invited her and Jongdae to sat along at the chairs near the coffee vender machine. She was very and obviously glad that her friend and new friend came there to see the two of them. Despite of not having Yeri around because she couldn't even get up from the injury, so she only requested Baekhyun to deliver her words of gratitude and happiness to be still alive. Irene only laughed at it and replied with a realistic joke how self-centered and narcissist she was. The two only laughed with her and didn't supported her part hating and part being straight forward. 

Irene confessed that she only said that they are going to grab a bite to her parents was just a pretext. She invited Baekhyun and Jongdae there in order to talk about the abnormal event yesterday. Her words followed with an excitement at the district competitions and wondering what would their costume look like. She pretended to be calm and still a happy-go-lucky until she can no longer hold her confusion. As soon as her head fell low, she mention how terrifying it is to wake up with a trail of blood on your hands and a knife. The three of them sitting down in a regular-sized public bench, her knees began shaking in shock. She was traumatized and feared and having that nightmare again. 

Irene's memory is still hazy from yesterday for she really had no idea why she was there in the early evening. Her parents found her shivering in the cold rain, staring blankly at her hands and stuck at the ground. The next morning she woke up, she found herself at the hospital bed lying and still had no idea what really happened on her. Upon seeing her mother immediately, she demanded on asking her is she had killed or hurt someone. Thankfully she didn't, the blood on her hands was hers because of the intensive way of holding the blade cutter. She lost her school bag and shoes, she was barefooted and a lot of hole were found in her socks. Drenched and in the state of extreme panic, she screamed and thought it was just a bad dream that she had last night. But it wasn't, the sensation and strong urge to wield a weapon was real. 

"Irene, are you alright?" Baekhyun tapped her shoulder. 

"Y-yes, thank you for being there." she plastered a smile.

"My brother was hospitalized last month and yesterday he went out of his room with a sculpting blade in his hand." Jongdae decided to share his experience yesterday. 

"What happened then?" Irene flinched in surprise and hoped that she can find a way to know why it happened on her too. 

"His eyes glowed in red of anger and lust to kill us. Mother screamed and she almost got stabbed. Of course I was confused and trying to search a way to restrain him, but he seemed not to listening."

"Are your mother doing fine now?" Baekhyun asked.

"Yes, nothing actually happened on us because we ran to our emergency security room. Thankfully the door was made of pure steel, brother was not able to open that. There, we waited and hoped that it will end soon. He woke the next morning and being normal again, when we asked him about it he said that he doesn't know why he became like that." the end of Jongdae's story telling sounded normal as him. 

The three of them had to part because the clock had struck four. After the unknown incident of ascending of people with glowing crimson eyes, everyone was advised to head home early to remain safe. At the subway station, Jongdae and Baekhyun made a temporary farewell to each other and a pinky promise that they shall and surely see each other by tomorrow at school. Both of them were optimistic that things will get better even if was in a slow pace. A friendly hand waving, a smile on their faces, one stepped inside the train and the automatic doors quickly closed. The long public vehicle completely leaves the waiting area of the station. 

Baekhyun stood there and gazed upon the same sky that Chanyeol might be seeing too now. Empty and speechless, she don't try to recall how it happened. While waiting for her train to come, she remained standing there and eyes are fixed at the darkening sky. The arrival of another night makes her feel so uncomfortable. So much what ifs were dormant swirling on her mind, maybe there was no such thing as a fixed future or a stable plan. Remembering that the search for her missing body hasn't started yet, the increasing matters around her makes her more dizzy. Dr. Park and her had a promise to each other that at the end of the month, they will began finding clues and people behind its disappearance. 

Baekhyun frowns, and lost strength on her knees and feet. Her eyes seemed to be falling down, she was about to collapse but a very familiar person that just arrived last night from a conference caught her body. Panting, he prevented her back from hitting the tiled and cemented floor. As soon as she looked at her right shoulder, she quickly recognized the hand. His skin was cold, probably because of suspending himself inside a pretty cold place for over ten hours. His grip tightened as he tries to make her stand up. 

His chest was pounding as if he was in need of so much air, as if he was so exhausted and lacking in energy too. His eyes continued to blinked like he was finally ready to sleep anywhere. Dark circled and a thinned face he had, Baekhyun doesn't know if she should be surprised or glad that he was there. There were no words, but both sides quickly understood how e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter