Up or Down, Black or White, Round or Square, Run or Hide

Headless Love (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Ah, pardon sir?" Luhan was absent-minded for the moment he was visited by the police on his apartment. He just woke up from a long slumber filled with exotic dreams that cannot be tell in personal. He was still drowsy and unprepared to answer properly what was the officer in front of his asking. He is nervous, but he remained composed and acting normal according to the scenario. He made them sat down on the floor on his sala and was able to pay a respectful acceptance and greeting.

Founding himself facing the person who is assigned to investigate and search the facts regarding the feud between Es and Os, Luhan reminded himself to be extra careful. Because one slip of the tongue, his weaponry words may put anyone on fire and danger. He yawned and stretched his arms upward and rubbed his slightly sleepy eyes. He tapped his aching shoulder and bowed once again at the officer. They were two of them and they had already showed him their IDs and a proof that the state allowed them to visit him. The older person introduced himself as Police Inspector Kim Minseok and the younger one said that she was a subordinated of the sir and her name was Jiana Farrow. The younger was so humble and down to earth that he did not flaunt his not-so-low rank in the special unit. She was also good in speaking Korean and reading Hangul despite of being a westerner. Her ginger hair, brows and eyes stand up so much in the light rays passing through the glass window of Luhan's apartment.

An ordinary college student that lives under a rented apartment and works as a part-time game designer on a known company. Although a talented and skilled programmer, he was still aiming for his ultimate dream: to be an engineer that will contribute to the country's economy and history. He is fluent in Korean and Hangul despite of being a pure-blooded foreigner that migrated to the country years ago. Based on the school grounds and hidden cameras' records, he was already seen being together with the Es leader named Zhang Yixing. And it was no wonder because they were born at the same country and nationality. Mr. Lu Han, doesn't have much friends at school but there were files that tells that he is close to a doctor that once worked under a infamous company called Myeodin Pharmaceuticals owned by a doctor too that formerly works under a public hospital. Mr. Myeon was able to establish a greater finance and social status with his hard work and enthusiasm. He created and reconstructed several drugs and medicine and now they are a must in the market. To be precise and clear, Mr. Myeon's journey began from rags to riches.

Well, almost everyone in Seoul City knew how Mr. Myeon rocketed into a billionaire. Of course a lot envy him so much, but some also makes him an inspiration for their entire lives. A man that proved that life can really change if you want to and a man that is wrapped into controversies. There were rumors that they are the undertaker of the lost people in the place, but it was never put into lime light. Minseok continued to read particular information to Luhan as he flips every pages pasted with photographs. But the wasting time ended at the moment that Luhan found a picture of him during the war between Os and Es. Jiana cleared and both decided to officially commence the formal interrogation.

"Do you know Mr. Han why we did not brought you to our station?" Kwangsoo was polite and the tone of his voice was never monotonous. 

"To keep me away from your pals' eyes?" Luhan made a wild guess with an awkward grin and pose.

"No." Kwangsoo only gave him a better smile.

"Then, why?" Luhan shrugs.

"We think that you'll be able to give us better answers if you are not in the station. We are worried that being surrounded by our fellows could only make you so nervous and weary." he tapped the table and signals his senior to begin the questioning.

"Oh, I see." Luhan faked a chuckle. 

"Shall we start?"

"Yes, of course we can." Luhan faked an interested expression on his face. He really don't want to meet the authorities in order to protect Chanyeol and Baekhyun's identity and whereabouts. But he had no choice but to the play the current state of the game, because if he tries to run away and avoid them he might appear more suspicious than before.

"Mr. Han, what are you doing during this day?" Inspector Minseok showed him the photographs during the time that Baekhyun's head was on Mr. Myeon and Chanyeol's arms.

"I won't lie, I'm involved there obviously. But before you two continue I want to clarify that I was never affiliated with any of those groups although you've seen me hanging out with the Es leader. I'm going to be straight to the point, I knew some of them but I never joined such troubles." Luhan turned his speaking stressed into each word he recited.

"O-kay. So what are you doing with her during this?" Kwangsoo took out the photos they captured during the ruckus at a fast food place. 

"She's my friend, but not really someone who is close to me. It just happened that-"

"Then this doctor, this one and this one." Minseok showed more photos during that time. It made Luhan speechless, surprised and caught off guard. He was about to blabber another lie but there were evidences of the three of them being seen together. 

"I, I-"

"Sir, not to be arrogant but I can already tell that you are trying to derive our attention from the very start. With the way your eyes are moving, you've been lying." Minseok looked into his eyes and gave him a chilling stare. Luhan avoided the eye contact by wandering his eyes and mindlessly standing and walking backwards. He knows that he was so obvious, but there's no way they can force him to speak out more of the information he had. Kwangsoo's friendly smile shifts into an ill-willed and an expression of dismay. 

Luhan shook his head slowly and muttered "please". He don't want to keep going through to interrogation, he wanted to quickly cut his connecting strings to the police. 

"I apologize, I know that I am being harsh but we had high hopes of receiving a help from you on our case. Anyway, I Police Officer Inspector Minseok does not forces civillians to participate because I strongly believe in will. Thank you so much Mr. Lu Han for your time, may who have a nice day." the two men left with a still polite words and appropriate manner. Luhan only closed the door without looking back into their eyes. After he twisted the knob and clicked the lock, a sigh of uneasiness came out from his lungs. He breathed deeply and think about it again. When he promised Baekhyun that he won't give up on finding Chanyeol and digging until they find out what exactly happened to their friend. A bow that they shared on that evening when they cried in anguish and regrets. He won't let Baekhyun down, he will never going neglect and forsake her. 

Sehun had a dream, with a familiar person that he had already met in past. The bespectacled beauty with a very reserved attitude, a so quite person that is rarely speaking. She was an observer and seemed to be afraid of the world. Dressed in jeans and a sweatshirt, he accidentally bumped into each other. Oh! it's exactly how he discovered her. She is smiling, she is laughing as if something is funny until the view of her shifted into a morbid one. Standing in the sea of dead bodies, bathing in the blood of her victims and wearing a wicked smile. Her eyes glowed in crimson and her sword screamed in joy. She was looking at his direction and began walking towards while asking a question, "Who are you?"

Sehun opened his eyes from the disturbing dream. He was panting hard and sweating like crazy. His stomach growled like a hungry beast, he haven't eaten a heavy meal on this day. He stood up and took off his reeking shirt. He hurried to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of an icy cold water. His teeth gritted at the uncomfortable feeling. He was dizzy for a while as he waited for the shivering to wear off. He wondered why she appeared on his dream, and what's with that long sword and sinister voices? It's so weird that the artist side of his is having a difficult time interpreting it. He tried to recall it, but it made him feel sick and puke. 

No, no, he shouldn't be afraid or traumatized. Maybe it's nothing but simply a product of his naughty sub consciousness. It's nothing bad, no- it doesn't leaves a sign for him to avoid that girl. She is normal right? Maybe she is just too shy and an extreme introvert that a lot suspects that she is something like Jack the Ripper. Sehun councils himself by repeatedly saying that it's nothing but a dream only. And dream and reality shall not co-exists with each other because it's one of the most dangerous weapon against humanity. 

Sehun had decided to come out of his apartment and grab something to eat. He took a frequent bath and slipped into his newly washed clothes. Tying the lace of his sneakers, he checked his phone and gazed the clock. It's only three in the afternoon and he is confident that he can return before six strikes. Locking his door, he began walking away from his apartment and planned to go to his least favorite place. He was sure that because the place is unpopular, it must remain safe for the likes of him. Although the restaurant and library's design were plain and boring, maybe he can spend some time there than lying throughout the day and doing nothing. 

It surprised him, as his eyes opened wider he couldn't believe whom he met on the street near his apartment. It's been a while since he left and turned hiatus without a word. Sehun quickly snorted and laughed as he walks towards Yifan. Nothing changed on his friend's appearance, but the artificial color of his hair is wearing off. With an expression filled with priceless happiness, Sehun was so glad that Yifan suddenly appeared. 

The nudged each other as they both heads to the place that Sehun wanted to go. Seoul City's ambiance and atmosphere immediately changed after the night that him and Jongin was caught in the middle of people with eyes glowing in red. He can't really remember well how he woke up finding himself back at his apartment. He had no idea what happened on Jongin right after he was knocked from behind. Sehun took a deep breath and he halted his tongue until they reached the place. Yifan was still the same and nothing particularly changed on his behavior and attitude. Still the little arrogant, kind, gentleman, and a goofy person. After ordering glasses of non-alcoholic drinks and a lot of foods, they sat down at the table near the red-tinted glass windows. Beside them was a shelf of old books. Some were forgotten novels, some are old comics, some are donated school books, and some are just some useless bind of papers. 

While waiting, Sehun pulled a random book from his left and decided to read as the food they ordered being prepared. Yifan suddenly laughed at him and hit him softly at the chest. Still the annoying, but cannot be rejected friend he was. Sehun rolled his eyes and slapped his friend in the head with the book in his right hand. Yifan quickly grimaced at the pain but he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter