Different Perspective

Headless Love (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

In the aftermath of the unknown supernatural concurrency in the eyes of normal humans, they stood up in the middle of unconscious bodies. Eyes and knees trembled in fear and extreme terror. The glanced at their hands and wondered if they have ever had blood on it. Rain poured from the dark and starless skies, the night completely passed away with hysteria and having no idea what exactly happened in Seoul City. 

In the aftermath, Baekhyun stood in the middle of the street. Bewildered and full of shock, Dr. Park suddenly went missing right after he called her name once again. Tears fell along with the cold rain and wind. She cried, she wept her lost heart and soul. She ran across, back and forth just to find him. But after an hour, Mr. and Mrs. Myeon came to fetch her. Then she realized and declared on herself that her beloved was officially missing after the ruckus. Shivering, she stepped inside the car that brought her to school this morning and wrapped herself in a warm fabric. No one spoke until the arrived home and taken dinner in their family-sized table. 

Astonished, she laid on her bed and threw her phone against the wall. As soon as it hit the floor, it crashed and broke. She couldn't accept it, how will she wake up by tomorrow without knowing where is Chanyeol? It hurts, it was hard to bear especially no one came to her room to talk about it. Even though the couple was aware that she was a dullahan, they did not checked her condition as if they don't care anymore. It was lonely and gloomy, Baekhyun had the urge to bang her head against the door but she was so exhausted that she could no longer get up or pull her home slippers.

The police formed a specified group to investigate the rare case that involves around Es and Os. Their identities were in secret until one their member's name was revealed in a broad daylight. He was Detective Kim Minseok, a young and still a novice police that just graduated from the academy two years ago. He is still considering himself inexperienced and not well-knowledge, some sees him as a very humble person. Seven hours before the mass awakening of the Saika's victims, he found himself reading the same pile of documents. They were stacked up there for almost a month and the investigation regarding the violence and community disturbance between Es and Os, he was a little sad because there was no progress. 

His eyebrows creased into wondering why they haven't taken a step forward to the identification of the boy who effortless threw the members of the opposed group. A cup of coffee and a newly bought pen on his right, and an old model telephone on his left. Minseok felt it tight and stressful because of the pressure to hunt a new evidence and clue. He was thinking to visit the school of the victim that was assaulted, but it might just cause a danger to the other students. With a plain paper without a single stain of ball pen’s ink was lying is front of him, he couldn't make a safer plan for the rest of his co-officers.

Tapping his ballpoint pen and forefinger, the door of his small office opened. One of his fellow subordinates came to deliver a new document stored in an ordinary brown envelope. Detective Minseok quickly assumed that it was nothing important or confidential because of the cheap packaging and delivery. After having a short conversation regarding it, the also police officer left with the door closing and knob clicking. Sighing, he felt hopeless as the rough texture of the recycled storage touched his right hand. He became hesitant to open it because it could be a useless pile of papers that will occupy the remaining space on his table again. 

Kim Minseok stood up and loosened two buttons of his dress shirt. He found his get up so very ready for the urgency, he snorted noticing that he was never taking off the gun suspender with a gun ready and loaded but locked. He sure a person who is always prepared and conditioned at all time. Glancing at the moving clock, he shrugged and checked his phone. Oh the wallpaper that would always flash whenever he is pressing the unlock option, it makes him smile. Seeing the unmoving view of his baby sister cheers him up. Throughout the hardest days, time, minutes, or even seconds of his life and job; her unwavering and bashful smile will always influence a positive outlook on him. Her sweet and little pitched voice was a melody to his ears. She was still in elementary and doing her best to acquire good grades and feedback. 

Ah, it's been a while since he last visited home. Living alone, dealing with problems alone, eating alone, and watching TV alone still depletes his energy. It's been two years, but everything felt like it was just yesterday. Graduating in Criminology and becoming an ally of justice in order was his greatest wish and dream. Eversince he was young, he would always pray to every holy temple or church to grant it. Serving the citizens and saving countless lives would be the greatest achievement for him. With his lips curving into a smile of gladness, he sat back on his rotating chair and decided to open up the possible-to-be-dump papers. 

His monolid eyes grew slightly wider, those weren't papers with printed letters. Those were pictures captured by a secret and high definition camera that their faction owns. He had to recall where those photos were taken, until he realized that it was by the intersection of several streets. To where a grant gang war between Es and Os happened. The lens was able to record the bag that was being carried by a brat. A blurry shot of it while being thrown at men standing in front of the luxury car. Such details were familiar but vague, but they are going to help them to find the cause of all troubles and ruckus in Seoul City.

"A bag, but what is it? It shaped like a half-ball with a long cloth? Wait, why are feuding over that if it is just a ball?" his jaw dropped when he barely recognized that it was a head. He couldn't believed it, he became astonished at glossy papers extremely stained with assorted ink. Examining the details of a single photograph, he wondered why a merely head became the cause of an awful trouble between two notorious young groups. 

Along with the last year of his studying in law and order, Es and Os were formed in secrecy. He was aware, he also heard the rumors that the two leaders had a misunderstanding because of a certain deal. One didn't liked the conditions of his internet friend, and so fights and wars beamed like the summer sunshine. Minseok was still there, investigating and magnifying every detail that could lead to the very truth of the special case. The two consecutive murders of innocent people was found out to be somehow connected with the two gangs. His fellow police officers were already conducting more investigation regarding the matter. 

When Minseok thought that being one of the authorities will make him powerful, he was wrong. The amount of excitement that he felt at the day of his graduation was equal to the anguish that had these days. More frustrated, more blurry, more difficult to unlock the puzzles that was given to him. As a police, it just became harder to know the truth because not all people were honest and true to their confessions. Being known was harder to access the information that he wanted to have. Even though he tried to disguise, his accompany would always be busted because of his ID falling from his side pocket. It's always a dumb situation that he had grown to endure the embarrassment and shame.

Kim Minseok stood up from his place and grabbed his coat. Putting it on, he head out of his small office to speak with the person who delivered the photos. Meeting his co-worker, he quickly asked whom is the person seemed to be almost lying on the rough ground. His face that was captured by the lens was clear and possible to be searched. After a short and precise conversation, they both agreed to search the person that was there and interrogate him what he was doing during that time. Of course they are going to face him with the absence of threatening and guns, Minseok told his fellow to show an example of good cops even though it was said through a lame joke.

Reaching the lunch time, he chomped into a cold sandwich and gulped an ice tea. Along with the sea of strangers, he was sitting down by the corner place of a popular restaurant. Sighing, days felt like they are passing by without a worth. Minseok was getting more worried and anxious, he doesn't know what to do anymore with his job. It was a foolish decision, he should've listened to his father because he wanted his son to be a cook or barista. He should've listened to him when it was not that too late. He leaned backwards and stared at the outside by the durable and wide glass windows. The hot sun was pouring all over Seoul City, and the gentle wind keeps on gushing through. The yellow and green leaves of a drying tree dance and its branches tremble.

The same as Baekhyun's assuming, Minseok thought that it was going to be a fine day despite of little problems that could occur. Staring at the ceiling patched with ventilation fans and fancy decorations to attract more customers, he sensed that he can't finish digging in his lunch. His stomach was slightly unwell and he suddenly turned energy-deprived. Too tired to speak, too tired to greet anymore — the description of his mood swung. He rolled the sleeve of his dress shirt and noticed that it was time to get back to the building. Lifting his shoulders and legs, he rose up and left the place with a half-full cup and half-unconsumed meal.

The worst time in summer days is noon. You will always sweat and get sticky by staying outside for only half of an hour. Even staying indoors without a cooling fan or appliance was irritating. The smell of dried sweat and embarrassing stink turns familiar on everyone's nose within the season. Some enjoys it a lot, especially the students because they always get weeks of break from school. As Minseok passes by in the shaded fronts of a shopping establishment, he saw a lot of children some colorful pastel popsicles. It makes him think about his baby sister, she was probably at school and playing with a bunch of friends while enjoying the lunch break. He imagined her bashful smile and joyous laughter as he walks by there. 

Back on studying the photographs that was given to him, he noticed that the person crouching or almost lying on the ground doesn't looked like an oriental citizen at all. His face structure, the shape of his eyes, the size of his forehead; those were not Korean and really don't came from the Seoul City itself. Minseok began suspecting that he must a Chinese national that migrated to their country to seek a good fortune and future. Judging from the way he dressed on that day, he was still a young man that could be still studying or working in one of those large and nationwide-based companies. A sleeveless shirt, ripped pants that are currently on trend and a plain black leather wristwatch that was oversized, he was sure that he nothing different from the everyday kids that he and the group used to arrest. More clues, he begged the heavens for more clues because if he is going to fail holding this case: a lot of them will be very disappointed at his skills and talent. 

Moments have passed, and classes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter