Collide

Headless Love (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Kyungsan hilariously laughed until her stomach hurts. She laughed out loud as she fell on the floor with shoulders shaking joyfully. Baekhyun crouched in front of her and asked what made his words suddenly funny. His forehead wrinkled as he waited for a good answer. After several seconds of happiness in the midst of the white-filled realm where it's only the two of them, Kyungsan got up with tears forming at the corner of her eyes. She's still laughing and having so much fun. Of course, for Baekhyun seeing her smile and hear her laugh freely was unusual. Those huge glass and doll-like eyes shrunk into a bashful grin, those plump lips curved wider and those pale cheeks blushed like a red rose. 

Kyungsan brushed the stray hair away from her face as she stood up and proceeded into walking alongside with Baekhyun. After wiping those joyful tears, she commenced into answering him. Being called beautiful was a joke for her, she doesn't believe in those kind of praise. It's all because she had lost all the humanity inside of her. Kyungsan only sees herself as some peculiar creature masquerading as a teenage high school student. She doesn't consider herself as one of them anymore. It's been a long time since she realized that she was a monster instead a child. And still now, she still blames herself for her ruined family. It was all in the past, and as a punishment she had to live with it forever while feeding the demon sword that was given to her. Her reaction made Baekhyun upset, for he thinks that Kyungsan doesn't deserve all of this. But Kyungsan contradicted him, because he was too soft-hearted for a beast. But Kyungsan told him that she tried so hard to be become a human again. It's not like that she easily gave up and accepted things as they are. She struggled too, but in the end the loneliness and reality devoured her. And from that day that she found herself alone sat down on a swing in a playground near her school, she realize that she is predestined to marry the darkness and be obscure. 

Kyungsan told Baekhyun that it's not like she was a coward or stupid. She pretended to be happy back then, she pretended to be fine and well but in the end she lost all of her friends until one day she accidentally met Jongin that happened to be the founder of a certain gang. Baekhyun allowed Kyungsan to continued her story because they had nothing to do except from listening to each other. In their realm, there was no day or night and time is non-existent. Kyungsan tried to avoid the person whom is years older than her. On that day, Jongin was dressed in jeans, sneakers and in a gray tee. It was summer back then, and summer break just started. It all began in a convenience store near the shopping mall. It's been two years since it happened and it's still fresh and raw on Kyungsan's mind. 

In her school uniform, Kyungsan entered the convenience store to grab a cold drink because the summer sun is melting her away. Casually heading to the transparent chiller and choosing what to purchase, a college student came into her way. Kyungsan quickly assumed that he is also going to but a drink, but when she was about to go to the counter after choosing what to buy, he suddenly pinned her on the chiller and stopped her from walking. Eyes that were emotionless and a blank expression, deep inside she was surprised and unable to move. The junior high student dropped the tetra pack of a cold milk chocolate drink and resorted into silence. Kyungsan avoided his eyes as she glances as her left, she wondered if she will shout for help or not or maybe there was a surveillance camera watching over them. Jongin moved closer as expected from his natural aggressiveness. Kyungsan had to take a deep breath before asking what was his intention. 

Thankfully it was not a holdup or an ambush and it seems like he doesn't even know her name yet. Jongin smirked arrogantly and blatantly confessed that he had fallen in love to her already ever since they accidentally met by the pedestrian lane. Kyungsan became astonished because he was so straight forward and honest that she couldn't believe it. She was so surprised that she fell into staring at his fiery eyes. She was about to immediately reject him but when the store guard rushed towards them and confronted Jongin, she felt an urge to save him from trouble. 

"I'm sorry sir for the-.. He's my boyfriend." Kyungsan was more than embarrassed as ever. Her head fell low as they went out of the establishment. She couldn't take the amount of shame that she suddenly ran away without thanking him for paying her milk chocolate drink, slice bread and cheese. At the back of her head she heard him shouting that soon he will find out her name and where she is studying. That he will not give up until she fall head over heels on him too. Kyungsan laughed again as she finished recalling those good times. She collapsed again while rolling on the floor in pure bliss. That past was nothing but a series of ridiculous comedy to her. The pain from it had already disappeared until she can no longer have a broken heart. 

Baekhyun was disappointed because he can tell that Kyungsan was only forcing herself to laugh. He was afraid that she might lose her sanity one day and her current emotional and psychological status will worsen. He carefully hovered over her and shook his head as he pleaded her to stop. Kyungsan fell dazed as she asks him why. Baekhyun returned a frown of sadness and told her that her laughter was filled with desperation and ennui. Kyungsan eventually agreed to stop laughing like a fool cutting herself. She closed her eyes and suddenly wrapped her arms around Baekhyun's waist. Her shoulders began to wiggle along with her knees. She slowly pulled him closer to him.

"I'm cold, Baekhyun. I'm cold that I am shaking." Kyungsan muttered with a faltering voice. 

"Why did you allowed yourself to be harmed like that? Kyungsan you made Jongin so worried and sleepless. Do you even have an idea how long is it already? When will you wake up? We've been missing you." Baekhyun rested his head on her shoulders. 

"I don't know. Baekhyun are you my friend?" water began to came down running on the floor. Kyungsan felt the coldness of it that she ached her back and hugged him tighter. Her long straight and jet black hair along with the white dress became drenched.

"Yes. Are you sad now?"

"No."

"Then that's good."

"I've been always sad, it was already with me since the first day that I existed."

"Then don't cry, don't pretend, don't panic."

"Yes."

"Is this a dream?"

Jongin had no qualms for giving up. He remained stuck at Kyungsan's side. Even if she will no longer recognize him, it doesn't matter as long as she don't wish him to leave her alone. After the doctor approved that the awoke patient can take a walk on the outside with a wheelchair, Jongin hastily went to the lobby to get one. He returned to Kyungsan with enthusiasm and not even a drop of exhaustion. He believes that this is only temporary since it has been weeks since she last saw the world. Mr. Kim eventually left after a confirmation that his son can take care of the girl. Jongin carefully cleaned and put on Kyungsan's glasses. He brushed her hair and cleansed her face as soon as the nurse finished changing her clothes. He passionately wrapped a thin blanked around her and brought at the hospital garden where she will be able to meet the other patients. 

Jongin was very happy despite of it. He was so thankful to the heavens. As they walk by near the small lake, Kyunsan attempted to touch his hands, but unfortunately her body won't follow her thoughts. In the white realm, her and Baekhyun were still together. It was already too late when they both discovered that there was no way to exit. As soon as Baekhyun doesn't break the dimension, the reality will be disabled to her. But although she is aware that it was dangerous, she never told him to free her already. The two of them remained sat down in front of the blue ocean that they created. The sound of the waves crashin to their feet was soothing and finally the hours of peace are upon them. Baekhyun attempted again to know why she was heavily injured on that night. She was about to give him the answer but his view suddenly became distorted and fine again. Instantly, Kyungsan felt nervousness as her heart pounded like a thousand drums. 

While allowing the half-awake Kyungsan to breathe some fresh air, Jongin checked his phone and called Yifan. He requested him to fetch Baekhyun right now. Without a complaint or further questions, Yifan hurried to Baekhyun's school. Baekhyun was confused throughout the entire day. She kept dozing off during classes that she got sent to the guidance councilor's office again. She missed a day of classes and was held on a room where all the stubborn kids were told to stay and write a letter of apology for the principal and teachers. It was a moment of laughter and embarrassment when she was scolded by their subject teacher in front of the class. Irene's expression was filled with worrying and so Yeri too. Jongdae, despite of the rejection he still bats an eye at her. Even without any word from him, Baekhyun can still tell that he was stuck at that moment. His eyes were swollen and his lips were pale. He was deadly quiet and avoiding all of them. Baekhyun left the room with a dim reaction and a furrowing pair of eyebrows.

Baekhyun kept having that dream. A dream with a girl with glasses and a long black hair. She was aware of it but something is not right. When she woke up, all that she remembers was the fuzzy view of her hair. And it's strange, because that dream felt very real. And she saw herself her original body. It feels good but alienated at the same time. As soon as the afternoon classes ended and Baekhyun finished up the punishment for being tardy and sleepy, she headed to the gymnasium to meet up with her fellow club members. It was good to be back and holding a baton, and everyone there was nice and glad to see her back. Tomorrow, the baton club and marching band will merge for a general practice. They had the hurry into polishing their parts because before the summer vacation begins, the competition will be commenced too.  Everyone was in their P.E. clothes and sweating like a melted butter. Bottles of cold water and face towels are can be seen everywhere. All was working hard and doing their best. In spite of the personal crisis, Baekhyn remained enthusiastic until Yifan appeared at the opened door of the gym. As soon as he caught her eye, the baton that was about to be catch fell on the floor. The captain of their club walked towards Yifan and wondered what's his reason for the sudden visitation. Yifan apologized for interrupting them and requested to see Baekhyun. 

Baekhyun almost screamed in surprise when she heard from Yifan's mouth that Kyungsan had awaken. After leaving a polite excuse, Baekhyun hurried to collect her belongings and ran away. Yifan and her stepped into the car of one of the Os members and headed towards the hospital. While secretly eavesdropping Irene almost stumbled in surprise too. She pleaded the club president to leave and so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter