Clashing Cymbals

Headless Love (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A dream, Baekhyun had a remarkable dream last night. She found herself standing in the middle of a rainforest and wandering her eyes, searching for something that she had no clue. She began walking towards north, she had no clear direction but she found a frozen lake surrounded by white and dirt. Mud, they must be mud but it's no ordinary because snow is falling from the sky instead of rain. Soaked, she felt like her feet were drenched by the cold that she can't feel. At the moment that she stepped into the lake, the frozen ice cracks and so she slipped and fell into the water. Trembling, her body became numb as each second passes by. She had no voice, seemed like it was missing from the moment she went there. She tried to clasp into the invisible view, but she was drowning and falling deeper and deeper. When her eyes was about to close, she noticed a figure of a body without a head. Surprised, she knew that it was hers by just seeing its silhouette. It all disappeared at the ringing of her alarm clock, then it was morning. 

Tiny drops of tears came out from the corner of her eyes, she felt empty inside. There was no contentment, only the despair and urge to find it. Baekhyun wanted to search for her body and be freed from Joy Myeon's shadow. Things are not getting better, it's getting more difficult to replace the person that owns the body that she had. She was worried, because one day they will noticed that it's not a mere plastic surgery or a change of face. Eventually the secret will be revealed and so the Myeon Pharmaceutical Company will be doomed. Their underground business and deeds will be put into limelight along with Park Chanyeol's crime of accidentally killing the heiress. Disgusted, she felt more hesitant to fill her role. There's no way that they can keep running away from the punishment. All of them were culprits in a crime that was not meant to happen. 

Along with the flooding reminder of her tampered parents, Baekhyun mindlessly listened on their worries. Does it still matter if she will return alive or dead tonight? This is all pretending and faking relations. She dislikes it so much that it makes her puke whenever she remembers the room at the basement. Within there, inside her heart she was lost and had no home to go to. Ireland is so far away from South Korea and she barely remembers her living there. She just recently discovered that half of her memories are missing. When she was trying to recall the face of her parents, nothing will appear on her mind except the blankness. 

Yesterday ended like the other days. Knowing that she has been suspended from class because of sleeping in the midst of discussion, Mr. and Mrs. Myeon commented nothing about it. They even greeted her nicely and humbly as she arrives home. Mrs. Myeon quickly accommodated her and prepared her favorite snack before allowing her to return on her room. Baekhyun was tired and doesn't have a lot of energy to talk about herself once again. Being the only one daughter of a high-profiled and abundant household was sometimes irritating. Always the center of attention and care, they were always living as if they were the only people living there. The couple barely care about their workers although the wage they are giving was excellent and fine. Their eyes were always set to the fruit of their love and hardwork, they were always watching every step of their princess taking. No wonder why they also allowed Joy to undergo a plastic surgery despite of being pretty and noticeable already. 

Baekyun picked up her phone before getting up from bed. Scrolling through the list of her contacts, she was about to tap Dr. Park's name but she halted herself from doing it. He shouldn't be involved with this kind of matter, it's not his fault to get intertwined. Shaking her head, she shoved the blanket that was wrapped around her and went out of her room. Putting her her knee socks and school uniform, Baekhyun couldn't smile anymore in front of the mirror. The more she tries to be feminine, the more she felt miserable and frustrated. Maybe she shouldn't force herself, maybe she should make an excuse that it's not just her forte. Wearing a forced and fake smile, Baekhyun went downstairs to meet Mr. and Mrs. Myeon. Still stiff and silent, she sat down along with them and pretended that she was listening. It's lame, she thought it was really lame. 

Several hours have passed, the morning session of classes has ended. The bell rang and everyone rose and bowed. It's lunch break and most of the students are scattered all around again. Baekhyun don't feel like going, so she declined Yeri and Irene's invitation to eat at the garden. Since this morning, she was already feeling down and blue. Slightly depressed and unwell, she wouldn't flash a natural smile. Despite of her forced smiles and laughter, no one noticed her absurd emotions. She was struggling to pretend that she was doing fine and full of energy because she don't want to affect her fellows in the Baton Club. Stoic and less-talkative, she remained seating on her chair and staring blankly by the window. The sheer and product of vast embroidery curtains hanging by the walls danced in the blowing gentle wind. Their classroom looked so fashionable and artistic, it's all because of her classmate's creativity. Although the school was not centered in arts and anything visual, the students managed to customize and design most corners of each building. Sure, a private school filled with daughters and sons of rich people works only hard in terms of curriculum and financial was never a problem. 

Populated with good-looking and ulzzang teens, Sungnam High School was pretty popular and known with every school along with them. Maintaining an excellent marks and rates, the establishment was sponsored by various rich men and alumnus. Saying that only the cream of the crop and best of the best can be an enrollee, they have been always looked upon by the fellow schools especially when there are district and regional competitions. Its students were proven talented and intelligent because of constantly winning in such contests. Ever since the transferee student came and established a perfect scores in Math and Science quiz bees, their school was dubbed as a factory of perfect youth. 

Baekhyun slowly stood up from her chair and pulled her lunch box wrapped in floral fabric as she walks out of the classroom. Casually passing through the hallways filled with fellow students, Kim Jongdae appeared in front of her. He is still wearing the same expression that he had this morning. Wrinkling forehead, creasing eyebrows, he is still nervous to meet her. With her next step, she preferred pausing and lowering her thick guard in order to make him speak his thoughts. She knew that it was pathetic to do a late pretending of already knowing him but she was thankful that memory loss became an excuse. The young lad with a bunny smile stood in front of her with cheeks blushing in peach and red. He was shaking and couldn't look directly into her eyes, but he managed to get her attention at that moment. 

Baekhyun sighed and leaned at the locked window pane beside her. Her stare quickly fell on the floor and her expression did not even changed a bit. Jongdae had began speaking but his words were a little bit distorted, it must be anxiety and panic attacks. He seemed to be very uncomfortable and uneasy around her. To relieve his trembling she leaned forward to him, but it was not effective. It just made him more conscious and nervous. He shook, bowed his head and was about to stop talking but she suddenly grabbed his arm and told him to continue. His mouth fell open, his eyes grew wide and became frozen.

"Miss Myeon..." he muttered.

"I'm sorry, I'm a little off today but please continue what you wanted to tell me." she said.

"Are you alright? I am worried." he frowned.

"Yes, but-"

"You've changed Miss Myeon, but I think it fits you." he shifted into complimenting.

"Thank you." her lips curved into a small smile that overwhelmed his pounding heart.

"Are you going to eat alone?" Jongdae was obviously worried.

"Yes, I had to go." she bowed and was about to leave but he turned around and shouted that made her surprised.

"Can I join you? I haven't eaten too." he busrt.

"Will you? Let's go." she turned her back and headed upstairs. Jongdae doesn't have a pinch of hesitation even though he felt embarrassed because some students were looking at them. 

Jongdae was mesmerized and astonished again by the beauty that captured his heart a year ago. The smell of her hair, the sweet scent of a light perfume and a good posture with slender and long legs. He remembered the day that he accidentally met her. A cheerful freshmen that eventually became popular with the boys with her charismatic and charming aura that no one could ever resist. Seeing Baekhyun off mood worries Jongdae, he wanted to know if she had a fight with Yeri and Irene or is she sick and not feeling well. 

As they walked throughout the long alley and stairs, they have reached the empty rooftop. There were no students there, probably because they are afraid to get fried by the strong and bold sunlight. Well, being beauty and appearance conscious was a norm in their school. No one was pretending that they weren't wary of their hair or face powder, it's not that they were only focusing on the outside. Teachers said that noticing flaws and imperfections are all just part of growing up. A place that was filled with adolescents everyday, raining with pheromones and interests; it's not weird to fall in love of crush with the same classmen as you. 

Jongdae had to gulp down his cowardice to take the will the step inside the wide flattened floor. As Baekhyun walks outside, she wandered her eyes and found a good spot to take a break. She pointed at her west and so he saw a shaded ground. Along with the gentle but speedy wind gushing through, the two shared their simple and staple meal in silence. No words has been exchanged along with the piece of bread or grain of rice. There was no clearance or signs of friendship, but as each second passes by they became normal around each other. 

Baekhyun only discovered that Irene and Yeri were not the only people whose friends with her in school. Also Jongdae, he was waiting patiently for this chance to come and he was perseverant person. He insisted nothing but only how much he wanted to care for her, there were no drops of selfishness or possessiveness. No wonder why he was nervous and awkward this morning, he was kind and gentle like the wind in this weather. She found peace in the middle of a messy and disorganized place, despite of having nothing but forced and made-up relations she can tell that being friends with Jongdae is real and genuine. Something that Joy Myeon didn't established when she was still alive.

Jongin's eyebrows creased into curiosity as he notices that his girlfriend was not wearing the same spectacle that she had yesterday. Wondering, he asked her about it while they were exiting the gates of the subway station. Kyungsan seemed to be a little secretive and hesitant to tell him, but in the end he was able to get the answer. Neither a friend or an accompany or former classmate. A completely stranger unintentionally nudged her and it caused her to lose balance and fell down. In the name of being gentleman and grew up with manners, a current college student replaced her broken glasses with a new one. Explaining why she came home late, is that because of the rain th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter