Chapter Nine

The Assassin & The Mute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Jiyeon remained still on her spot despite him apologizing. She pretended not to hear it.

“I’m so sorry, Park Jiyeon.”

Jiyeon bit her lips to stop her tears from falling again. She had cried a lot this whole month in this villa. She promised herself not to cry if necessary and she wanted to fulfill her own promise.

Myungsoo finally finished applying the cream on her and he grabbed her hands gently. “Jiyeon-ah. Look at me.”

Jiyeon refused to do so and finally, her tears dropped down from her eyes, down her white cheeks.

Myungsoo frowned and used one hand to wipe those droplets away. “Jiyeon-ah, can you let me explain?”

“I know whatever I say now is just an excuse. It was my fault this would happen.” He began.

Jiyeon remained still in her position, but her ears were clearly alert. She wanted answers but she won’t admit it. She doesn’t want him to think she’s easy and she doesn’t want him to know she secretly cares for him. Myungsoo her knuckles gently and looked down in guilt.

“I wanted to get revenge for my brother. He died when he was only 16, I have to avenge for him.” Myungsoo sighed and went over to his table to get the suicide letter out.

He passed it over to Jiyeon and she took it willingly, with slight confusion on her face. She looked at the letter in her hands and read it. With every sentence she read, her eyes began to water.

“That’s my brother when he was only 16. And I was 18 then. I saw his cold and dead body right in front of my eyes when I came home that day. We were supposed to enjoy our movies that night but he just died in front of me!” Myungsoo continued with a few chokes of tear here and there. He decided to leave the assassin business out, not wanting to scare her further.

Jiyeon stared at the letter in her hands, not daring to make any movement while waiting for him to continue.

“I’ve been looking for that girl he mentioned since then. I decided to make sure she suffered. I have to or I’ll feel that I’ve let my brother down! Your school was the last school I have to go. I went to all schools these few years, and finally, I found someone which suits the description perfectly.”

Jiyeon looked at him with tears in her eyes. She pointed to herself and looked at him sadly. *And you think it’s me?*

“I’m so sorry. I didn’t find out if you’re the right one. I got lost in my mind of revenge! I just had to avenge my brother. People said you can’t talk, and you have perfect long wavy hair, you have pretty doe eyes and you play vi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter