Chapter Sixteen

The Assassin & The Mute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Park Jiyeon!” The nurse called.

“Let’s go baby.” Myungsoo beamed and walked towards the doctor’s room with high hopes in him. He stopped his footsteps when he found his girl not beside him.

He frowned and turned around only to see her still in her seat.

“Park Jiyeon!”

Myungsoo giggled at her nervous expression and went over to grab her. He wrapped his arm around her waist and guided her all the way to the doctor’s room while whispering sweet and comforting words into her ears.

Jiyeon squirmed at the itch she felt and finally let out a genuine smile.

“That’s right baby, smile always. You’re beautiful when you smile.” Myungsoo whispered one last sentence into her ears before entering the room with her.

“Park Jiyeon? I remembered you.” The doctor announced and took her spectacles down. It’s obvious that she was in her forties already. “You didn’t come for check up for a long time, Jiyeon-ah.”

Jiyeon smiled weakly and sat down on the chair in front of her. “Is this your boyfriend?”

Myungsoo beamed and nodded his head enthusiastically, “I’m her soon to be husband!”

The doctor laughed amusingly and looked at Myungsoo, “Then you have to take good care of her. Her parents will be glad to know she’s doing well.”

Myungsoo nodded his head once more and promised, “I will take care of her till the end of my life.”

“Now, Jiyeon-ah. Shall we get you tested? I’m sure it’ll be fine now.”

Myungsoo squeezed her trembling hands, encouraging her. “Baby, I’m here with you. You’ll be alright.”

Jiyeon almost fainted when she saw how the doctor took out the scanning instrument, called laryngoscope. To her, it looked creepy and it looked like a hook.

“Come on, Jiyeon-ah. This will be over soon.” The doctor persuaded her and hollered her over to her side. Myungsoo nodded his head when she looked at him and she went over immediately.

He saw how nervous and scared she looked so he took hold of her hands again, “baby, I’m here. You’re not alone. You can do it.”

Jiyeon took a deep breath then opened willingly. The doctor placed the instrument in and scanned . She widened her eyes at the result and was relieved at once.

“Okay, it’s done!” She announced with a wide smile and sat down on her seat. “Jiyeon-ah, I’m sure your parents are looking after you in heaven. Your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter