Chapter Eight

The Assassin & The Mute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Frowns and beats of sweat flowed down Jiyeon’s forehead. Her eyes were closed and her head was turning about.

Myungsoo sneaked into her room one night only to find out that she was having nightmare. He went to her side and wiped her sweat away gently, using his sleeves.

“I’m so sorry…”

Her frown became deeper and her head began to move about more rapidly.

Myungsoo gasped and patted her cheeks to wake her up from the nightmare. “Jiyeon-ah…” He patted her cheeks continuously while calling for her softly, “Jiyeon-ah… Wake up, it’s only a dream.”

Jiyeon’s eyes shot opened. She sat up and her tears flowed down her cheeks immediately. She began to pant badly and heavily while stoning into the thin air.

Myungsoo cupped her face and wiped her tears away, “Are you okay? It’s a dream! You’re alright now!” He took the initiative to hug her tightly in his embrace while her hair to calm her down. “Wait… You’re so warm, are you sick?” He touched the back of her neck which made her flinched.

Jiyeon tensed at his touch, all of the sudden, and pushed him away. She hid her body under the cover and looked at Myungsoo with her eyes and lips trembling.

“Okay, okay. I won’t get near you.” Myungsoo moved back and sat a seat away from her on the bed. “But you’re sick. I need to lower your temperature.”

He began to panic.

Jiyeon frowned and began to relax, just a little. Myungsoo had been treating her a little better than before.

“Lie down. I’ll get the water and towel.”

Jiyeon shook her head with a frown on her face.

“Lie down. I won’t leave until your fever is gone, believe me. I want to make you all better.”

Jiyeon bit her lips and decided to lie down in the end. She turned her back towards him and closed her eyes, trying to get back to sleep despite feeling uncomfortable with him around.

Myungsoo looked at her with a smile on his face and only left the room a few seconds later to get a bowl of water and clean towel into the room. That’s a first time to him. He never once cared so much for someone else, moreover, a girl.

He sat by her side the whole night just to change the towel time to time when it dried up. When he felt that her temperature finally dropped, it’s already 4 in the morning. “Finally… You will be okay.” He smiled a little and brushed her fringe out of her face.

But Jiyeon began to feel cold. Her lips began to tremble and frowns began to form on her face. Myungsoo too, frowned at her behavior and rubbed her arms to keep her warm.

But she continued to show signs of coldness in her. Having no other choices, Myungsoo climbed into the blanket beside her and hu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter