Chapter Twenty-Two

The Assassin & The Mute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Double update! Back a chapter, dearies! (:

In the end, Myungsoo had to ask the nurses and doctors for help.

They injected the calming pills to her and she finally went back to sleep again. “Is she fine now, doctor?”

“She will be alright when she wakes up. This is really a huge blow for her. Please help her through this. She needs you. And take care of the baby well.”

“Of course I will.” Myungsoo went back to her side and cupped her pale cheeks, it gently. The doctor and nurses left him alone to give him space with his wife.

“Baby, you have to be strong.”

Myungsoo buried his head into her neck and held onto her hands tightly, the bandage gently as ever, “You’ll be fine, baby. I’m here for you.”

In the end, he managed to catch some sleep on her chest.

Jiyeon stirred awake when she finally woke up from the medicine’s effect only to find her husband leaning on top of her.

Her free hand found his head and his hair lightly, “Oppa…”

Myungsoo jumped up from that small voice of hers. He knew at once she was awake when he heard her calm voice.

“Baby?”

“Oppa…”

Myungsoo smiled slightly and placed his forehead on hers while grabbing her cheeks gently, “You’ll be fine, baby.”

“But… My hand…”

“It’s going to be okay. It will heal in the future. Maybe a miracle will happen. You’re just like an angel, baby. Heaven will be good to you. You protected our baby! I know there will be miracle in the future. Don’t be afraid, baby.”

“What if-”

“Shush.” Myungsoo shut her off by placed his finger against her lips, “No. Don’t say negative things. I know we will get through this together. I’m with you, you hear me?”

Jiyeon bit her lips sadly but she managed to nod her head at his words. “Thank you, oppa.”

“No baby. I should thank you instead.” Myungsoo pecked her lips gently and smiled brightly at her, “Thanks for protecting our baby. And I’m sorry about those guys. I’m sure they won’t search for us again.”

“Who are they, oppa?”

Myungsoo pulled back a little, just a little, and brushed her hair out of her face, “They’re from the association I worked in before. The boss sent them here, saying that I betrayed them and wants me dead. But they won’t be back again. I promise we’ll be fine now.”

“Really? They promised?”

“The leader from yesterday night was my best fighter. I traine

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter