Chapter 8

Moving On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

I avoided both Yuri and Jessica all of Sunday. I didn’t want to hear it. Not yet. So, I left the apartment for the whole day and turned off my cell phone. I just didn’t want to hear anything from the two of them. I came back late at night when I knew that the two would be asleep, and sleep quickly overcame me as my body hit the soft mattress.

 

I was in that white room again. I looked around and sighed in relief to find nothing, not even my living room.

 

“Tick-Tock. Tick-Tock.”

 

I heard a voice and looked around to seek where that voice was coming from, but there was nothing to be seen.

 

“Tock-Tick. Tock-Tick.”

 

There’s that voice again! Where is it coming from?

 

“Times running out Amber.” Someone whisper into my ear and my body jerked away from it. When I turned around, my mouth almost dropped to the floor. It’s was me, only not me. “Who-Who are you?” I asked and the other me raised a finger, “The real question is who are you?”

 

“I know who I am and so do you, so stop saying bullting and tell me who you are.” I don’t like beating around the bush when it comes to strangers,  “Stop being an Amber.” I heard Tiffany’s voice and I looked around, “Tiff?” She was nowhere to be seen, “Amber!” Tiffany’s panicked voice reached my ears, “Tiff! Where are you!” I looked around and saw nothing. When I turned to see the other me, she was grinning, “What the hell have you done to her! Let her go!” I grabbed her by the collar and she stood mere inches from my face. She opened to say something and Tiffany’s voice came out, “Stop being an Amber” My blood boiled and I pushed her away, “ you.”

 

She laughed like a mad man, “You should have seen your face! ‘Tiff! Tiff! Where are you!’” Her face turned from grim one to frigid one in an instance, “Pathetic.” That’s it! I ran to her and punched her right across the jaw. She fell, “Don’t ing toy with me, now tell me, who the are you?”

 

Blood trickled down from the side of staining her pale white skin as she looked at me and smiled, “Impatient as ever.” My blood was starting to boil again, “Stop testing me.” She wiped the black blood with the back of her hand and then it, “Hmm I taste good. Want to taste?” What the ? Is she crazy? What do I look like to her? “No.” I scoffed, “Suit yourself. More for me.” I saw as she herself clean from all of the blood she spilt.

 

Okay, I really need to wake up already. Wake up Amber!

 

“That’s not happening anytime soon.” My eyebrows furrowed and I looked at her. Did she just- “Read your mind? Why yes, of course.” She stood on her feet once more and wiped away any dirt on her, not that she had any, “Who-“ she interrupted me once more, “Am I? Stop trying to imitate an old broken down record.” As if in an instant, a white and black top hat appeared out of the thin air and she caught it, “I am what they call a subconscious, but you can call me Ember.” She said as she bowed to me while holding the top hat. Ember’s old ruined black clothing that she was currently wearing disintegrated once she put on the top hat and a fresh crisp black and white suit replaced it. The suit actually fit her well with her white complexion. Her grey hair was pulled back and her bright golden eyes stood out. It made her look wickedly fresh.

 

“Now, shall we get going?” Ember didn’t wait for a reply from me and she walked away. Of course, I followed her out of curiosity. As we walked, the white walls that were once ahead of us crumbled and we walked onto a road. I immediately stopped because I recognized the road, “Tick-tock, the clock is ticking.” Ember kept walking, and I watched as cars headed our way and my eyes widened in fear.

 

No.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter