Chapter 15

Moving On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I felt the sun rays make contact with my eyes as I squinted to the half open curtain to one of the windows of the room. Damn those curtains for not being properly closed and waking me up this early in the morning. I turned my body to the other side of the bed and came in contact with a body.

 

…. That’s right…. Jessica.

 

Jessica was sleeping with her back to me. I saw as her body rose a bit each time she breathed in. Her steady breathing was the only sound heard in the room and I mentally smiled. She must be very tired after last night. Jessica let out a deep breath and it startled me for a second. For a second there I thought she might have woken up already, but looking over to the clock I would doubt she would wake up this early in the morning unless Soojung wakes her up.

 

I chuckled at the memory of Soojung. She must be having a blast with both Sooyoung and Tiff. Knowing Sooyoung, she’s probably stuffing the kid and Tiff might have been yelling at her for trying to influence the kid in following her footsteps to become a Shikshin. Tiff, on the other hand, must be spoiling the kid to her heart's desire and knowing Soojung, she must be enjoying the attention she’s receiving from the two. That kid is so lucky to have all of us in her life.

 

I felt something move the bed and I looked over to where Jessica was sleeping. She had rolled her body over to my side of the bed and was now facing me. Man, what did I do in my previous life for her to be with me. She’s almost perfect in my eyes and that’s what I like about her. I like that she isn’t totally perfect. I like that ‘almost’ because if she really were to be perfect then I must be hallucinating. That and everything would be too good to be true.

 

I felt my body freeze when I heard Jessica mutter, “Stop staring at me stupid. I know I’m hot.” But I then eased myself when I noticed that she was just talking in her sleep. Like seriously? What a relief! On another important matter… She’s dreaming about me… I wonder….

 

“Princess~” I whispered into Jessica’s ear, and she whined in response, “Stop.” Seriously the way she speaks while dreaming makes me question her sleeping abilities sometimes, “Stop what?” I asked and Jessica moaned, “Stop stupid, Soojung's in the other room.” What the ? “What the hell is she dreaming?” I asked myself and Jessica suddenly opened her eyes and screamed. I, out of instinct, jumped back and ended up falling flat on my back onto the floor. I let out a groan in response, “Yah! What was that for?” I sat up while rubbing my back and looked up to where Jessica was. Jessica, instead of responding, threw me a pillow and I swear if it were to be a brick I’d have been knocked out by it considering the force Jessica used to throw the pillow at me. “What the heck Jessica? What’d I do?” I grabbed the pillow immediately and hid myself behind it just incase she decides to throw me another one. When I looked up from the pillow, I saw Jessica chuck another one at me and I hid again, “Ugh! Your such an idiot!” I heard Jessica get up from the bed and she slammed the bathroom door shut.

 

What was that all about? Is she PMSing? Should I be worried about my own health? I know what she’s capable of when she’s angry…

 

I slowly got up from the floor and walked to the door…. Should I knock? Just when I mustered up the courage to knock, I heard the shower be . Okay, so no knocking. I’ll just have to wait. Gosh, seriously? What did I do? I scratched my head as I walked over to the undone bed and sat down. What the hell did I do! My brain tried to rack up an answer to my own question, but each time it did it came back empty handed. Maybe breakfast will do the trick. I quickly made the bed, left some clothes for Jessica, and walked to the kitchen. I have to make up whatever I did to her with a good breakfast.

 

As I made our breakfast, I heard footsteps make their way down the stairs to reveal Jessica in the clothes I left her. "Morning. Would you like sunny side up eggs or an omelet?" I smiled at Jessica and she stared at me for a second before she replied, "Omelet please." Jessica sat on the island table near me as she watched me cook breakfast, "Amber." I heard Jessica as I poured the eggs into the pan, "Yeah?" I looked up to meet Jessica's gaze, " About this morning..." I cocked an eyebrow, "What about it?" Okay so maybe I'm playing dumb at the moment, but I just want to know what I did. I mean is that so wrong?

 

"I-I'm sorry. That was totally uncalled for" Wait. So I didn't do anything wrong? " Oh thank god." Jessica cocked a brow and I knew that was my crew to explain, " I thought I did something wrong to upset you." I broke eye contact with Jessica before I checked on the eggs and decided to flip it, "No you didn't... Well technically you didn't" I added the ingredients on one side of the eggs and folded it, "Care to explain?" I asked and Jessica kept mum. I looked up from the pan to meet Jessica's somewhat embarrassed gaze, " ...Just forget it " Forget it? After what happened? " Does this have to do with you ?" Jessica's eyes bulged out and I knew I was going down the right path, “W-What?” Oh god. This woman. I served her Omelet onto a plate and placed it in front of her before I leaned in close to her. Our faces were merely centimeters apart, “If I remember correctly, you moaned and told me that Soojung was in the other room while you were dreaming.” I saw a visible blush spread out through Jessica’s flushed face, “What couldn’t I do that Soojung was in the other room?” I saw Jessica’s eyes look down onto my lips and mentally smiled. Naughty girl. I know what you're thinking, ”I-I…you” Jessica stuttered to make a complete sentence.

 

I smirked and quickly stole a kiss from her, “Hmm... I’m hungry.” I turned to grab my plate of food that was already prepared and sat next to Jessica. Jessica looked dazed when she made eye contact with me, and I smiled and began to eat, “This is pretty good. You should try some of your food.”  Jessica glared at me and I then felt a stinging pain spread throughout my arm from the punch Jessica had landed on it, “.” I heard Jessica mutter as she began to eat. I laughed and then leaned in close to her, “Don’t worry princess we have all the time in the world to make your dream a reality.” I whispered into her ear and then kissed her temple before I began to eat again, “For now we have tons of stuff to do today.”

 

I scooped a portion of my food, “Jessica.” Jessica still had a flushed face when she glared at me, “Ah” I signaled her to open and she was hesitant at first, but complied with my demand. Just as she was about to take a bite of the food, I quickly retracted my spoon and ate it, “Yah!” Jessica hit me once more and I laughed. I’m such an I know. I leaned back on my chair and let out a yelp when I felt the chair tilt a bit too far back. My back made contact with the floor once more and I let out a groan. I heard Jessica giggle when I looked up to see her, “Karma’s a isn’t it?” I let out a grunt and placed my on the chair once more, “Stupid chair.”

 

I then felt Jessica plant a kiss on my jaw, “Stop being so grumpy you cute little .” Jessica whispered into my ear and just when I was about to reply, Jessica cut me before I could even utter a word, “I know you're not a donkey, but you sure can act like one at times.” I smiled and interlaced out hands, “I would say,  ‘Only for you’ but I’m like that to everyone.” Jessica raised a brow; “You may be an to everyone else, but you’re my cute little and that’s finally” She’s so possessive. I kind of like it.

 

Jessica and I spent our morning eating and cleaning the mess I had made. I was able to tour her around the house, and she had said that it would be nice to come here every so often to escape from the city. I had agreed with her and we planned to bring the kid the next time we come. It was nice having Jessica here by my side without having anyone teasing me. I like this…no… I love this… more than I could ever imagine.

 

“Stupid are you ready? You’ve been in there for quite some time and I want to go already.” Jessica knocked on the bathroom door for the nth time and I let out a chuckle, “ I see someone is very excited to get on the yacht already.” I quickly got dressed and did the final touches, “Tell me, how many people have you met that have been on a yacht?” Jessica said as I opened the door, “Not many… You make a good point. Let’s go?” I held out my hand and she interlaced our hands. Jessica and I then walked out and to the car.

 

When we arrived at the dock, I helped Jessica get out of the car and we walked hand in hand to where I had the yacht stationed, “How big is it?” Jessica asked as we walked along the dock, “Not that big.” I saw someone familiar and he waved, “Ms. Liu! It’s nice to see you again!” I smiled and picked up my pace, “It’s nice to see you again too Captain Lee. How has Aurora been treating you?” I shook his hand and he returned the favor, “She was been treating me very well. Oh my who do we have here?” Captain Lee asked and I smiled as I let go of Jessica’s hand and wrapped my arm around her waist, “This is my girlfriend Jessica. Jessica, this is Captain Lee. I leave the yacht under his care when I’m not around.” Jessica and Captain Lee exchanged their greeting from one another.

 

“She’s a very pretty one Ms. Lee. I hope she’s a keeper.” Captain Lee complimented Jessica and I smiled, “Yeah… She is isn’t she?” Jessica let out a shy smile and I held her hand, “Shall we get Aurora started and running?” Captain Lee asked me and I nodded, “Ah yes. Let’s get going.” We walked to the yacht and I felt Jessica squeeze my hand, “ I thought you said that it wasn’t that big?” Jessica whispered and I smiled, “Because it’s not.” I helped Jessica get onto the yacht, “Are you kidding me? Look at this thing!” I laughed as I got on and I saw Jessica explore the yacht, “You should meet her sister. She looks like a cruise ship.” Jessica turned to me, “It’s a she?” I nodded, “My father declared it a she once he married my mom.” Jessica looked around some more, “She looks very nice. I’ve never been on one before. I’ve only seen them in movies.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter