Chapter 18

Moving On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Oppa!” the kid ran to me and I held out my arms and she ran into them to hug me, “Where were you Oppa?” The kid asked and I patted her back, “Oppa left her car at someplace, so I had go pick it up.” The kid let go and looked at me, “Oppa… Why was unnie crying? I didn’t want to ask, but I feel sad when I see her sad. Did you fight? Are you going to break up? Are- Are you going to lea-“

 

“Hey. Hey. Hey. Slow down a bit Soojung. Oppa and unnie just had an argument, but I’m not breaking up with her. Didn’t I say I’d take care of her? So that means that your Oppa won’t be leaving anytime soon. Okay?” The kid looked at me with these wide eyes and nodded. I then carried her in my arms and I walked off to my car, “Now, how is it that you know what breaking up means?” I asked the kid and she looked down onto her hands, “When Taeyeon unnie left, she promised that she wouldn’t leave and unnie said that Taeyeon unnie had a break up with her. So that means that I couldn’t see her anymore.” I stopped walking.

 

My gaze softened and I caressed the kid’s small chubby cheeks, “Just because someone breaks up, it doesn’t mean that you won’t see them anymore Soojung.” The kid looked up to see me, “Really?” I smiled and nodded, “I’m not leaving Soojung.”  The kid hugged me and I began to walk once more.

 

When we arrived at the apartment complex, I helped Soojung get out. The kid had held onto me and I knew she didn’t want to be put down. I just let her be, and we walked to my apartment. “Oppa?” The kid asked, “Yes Soojung?” I took out my keys so that I can open the door, “Where’s unnie?” I opened the door and walked into my apartment, “She’s with Taeyeon unnie. They’re talking about grown up stuff.” I slipped off my shoes, and took the kid’s shoes off too, “Do you like Taeyeon unnie?” I put the kid’s shoes down and looked at her, “Yeah, I think your Taeyeon unnie is fun.” The kid scowled, “I don’t like her.”

 

“Why not?” I walked into the living room and put my bag down, “Taeyeon unnie is a liar.” I smiled and sat down with the kid on my lap, “I’m pretty sure Taeyeon unnie is very sorry.” The kid looked at me and pouted, “You think so Oppa?” I nodded, “I know so Soojung.”

 

I made dinner for the kid and I, and moments later Yuri joined us once she got home from work. Yuri and I played with the kid until she fell asleep on the couch from watching television. “ How are you holding up?” I looked to my side where Yuri was sitting, “I don’t know upset, angry, guilty, numb… I guess.” Yuri chuckled, “Ah… the wonders of love.” I let out a sigh, “I don’t like drama.” I felt Yuri push my shoulder, “But that’s what builds the foundation to a relationship idiot. If you don’t have an argument or two then you’re hallucinating and whatever relationship you're in is too good to be true.”

 

“It wasn’t this bad with Ailee.” I watched the cartoons on the television, “Well not every relationship is the same.” I shrugged my shoulders, “Whatever. I just want to get over this soon. “ Yuri smacked the back of my head and I glared at her, “Yah. What the heck?” Yuri just rolled her eyes at me, “Everything takes time.” I rubbed my head a bit to try and relieve some pain, “I know. I’m not stupid.” Yuri scoffed, “Well you sure act like one.” Before I could retort back, my phone rang. I looked to see who it was and Taeyeon's name showed up on the screen.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hey llama.” I smiled, “How’d it go?”

 

“We stayed friends. Jessica told me everything and she seriously regrets opening and bringing your ex into the argument.” I sighed, “What about you two?”

 

“I said friends didn’t I? Look, I told her what had happened at the time and she told me her side and so on. Wait, hold up.” I heard some rumbling and a faint, “Yah! Watch where you’re going jackass!” I shook my head. God, I have to make a reminder to not let her drive if we ever go out somewhere. “Sorry about that. Where were we?”

 

“Friends. What you both were talking about.” I said bluntly, “Oh yeah, well Jessica confessed that she was just upset with me and all she really wanted was an apology, so I apologized for all of the bull I put her through. After that we talked and the rest of the conversation is to be kept between the two of us.” I scowled, “Yah! Is there something that you’re hiding from me with my girlfriend?”

 

Taeyeon laughed, “Sorry llama it’s confidential, so that means I’m not opening my mouth.” I let out a huff, “Fine, be that way.”

 

“Stop being hurt about it. I have to go, I’ll call you some other time. Oh, and be nice. Understood? Just because Jessica and I are officially over , that doesn’t mean I’ll come back and hurt you. Do you understand what I’m saying.” I let out a snort, “Yes ma’am.” Taeyeon chuckled, “Alright, I’ll see you later kid. My sunny bunny is waiting for me.”

 

“Yeah. Bye.” I said as ended the call. Sunny bunny? Seriously? I’m totally not going to let her live that one down.

 

I looked to my side and Yuri was smiling, “What?” I asked and her smile spread wider, “Is there something you want to say Am?” I scowled, “Say what?” Yuri just shook her head and ruffled my hair, “You’re so jealous of Jessica’s ex.” What? “No I’m not. What’s there to be jealous of?” The conversation they had and Taeyeon won’t open about it? “Jealous.” Yuri replied coherently, “Whatever. I’m taking the kid to my room.”  I picked the kid up into my arms and walked away to my room. I could hear Yuri’s snickers as I walked to my room and I just ignored her.

 

I’m not jealous.

 

I laid the kid down and she kept mumbling non-existing words. She must have been very tired; I sat down next to her and moved some hair out of her face, “If only things were as easy as they seem.” The kid scowled and then eased up a bit when I kissed her forehead, “I sometimes wish life was carefree like when you're just a kid, but even you’ve had hardships of your own.” I let out a sigh, “But don’t worry, I’ll take care of both of you from now on.” I traced my thumb over her soft cheek and the kid caught a hold of it. I smiled. “It sometimes scares me of how much I care for the both of you that at the same time it feels comforting.”

 

I heard a knock on my door and I stood up to open it. At the other side of the door stood Jessica, and I simply walked away from her and walked back to Soojung. “Come on Soojung, Oppa is going to put you to bed.” The kid let out a small whine when I carried her, but settled down once she was able to get comfortable in my arms, “Her bag’s in the living room.” I said and Jessica nodded. We walked out of the room and Jessica grabbed Soojung’s things.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter