Chapter 21

Moving On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Am! Jessica’s here!” Yuri called from the living room, “.” I quickened my pace to get everything together before I stepped out. I’m such an idiot for taking a nap right after getting home from work. Nice going Amber.

 

I grabbed my wallet and made sure everything was on me before I finally stepped out of my room. “Hi Handsome.” I looked to Jessica and smiled, “You don’t look so bad yourself.” She cocked a brow, “I was told I look stunning. Thank you very much.” I laughed.

 

“Oppa!” I felt a little body hug my legs and I looked down, “Hey Soojung. Are you ready to spend your time with both Yuri and Yoona unnie?” Soojung nodded and I bent down to her level when she let go, “You know my number right?” Soojung nodded eagerly, “Okay. Just call me if Yuri unnie isn’t being nice. I’ll make sure to knock sense into her.”

 

“Yah! Isn’t it supposed to be the other way?” Yuri huffed and Soojung giggled, “Yes Oppa.” I smiled and patted her head, “Good girl.” Yoona and Jessica were giggling too when I stood up, “Are you sure you two can handle everything?” I looked at Yuri and Yoona, “Relax stupid. I already went over everything with Yoona. She’ll make sure to take good care of Soojung.”

 

“What about me? I’m taking care of her too! In fact, this is my apartment.” Yuri said, “Shut it Yuri. I don’t need another kid to take care of.” I chuckled as I witness the two bicker. I then felt a handclasp mine and I looked to my right to see Jessica smiling, “You ready to go?” I nodded, “I’m 99.9% sure.”

 

“What about that extra .1%?” I smiled, “You can’t always be too sure.” Jessica shook her head at me, “Whatever stupid.” I looked at the bickering couple and then to Soojung, “We’ll be going now Soojung. Call us if you need anything okay?” Soojung nodded, “Don’t worry Oppa, I’ll make sure Yoona unnie doesn’t hurt Yuri unnie like Tiffany unnie did to Sooyoung unnie.” Jessica giggled and I did too, “Bye Soojung. Be a good girl okay?” Jessica kissed Soojung's cheek and the kid nodded. I patted her head and we left out the door.

 

I’m sure those two will know sooner or later that we’re gone.

 

“So… where are you taking me?” I asked Jessica as we walked to her car, “Not tellin’ ” I pouted, “Payback is sweet.” I softly laughed at her statement, “Hey. It’s not my fault you didn’t want to come willingly okay?” Jessica nudged me, “To the extent that you had to use handcuffs on me?” I nodded, “You wouldn’t stay put. I think your sister would have been more willing to listen to me unlike you.” Jessica playfully punched my arm, “Yah!” I laughed.

 

Jessica opened her car and then opened the door for me, “Oh why thank you princess. I didn’t know you could be such a gentleman.” She rolled her eyes. “Whatever stupid just get in.” I laughed, got in, and she shut the door. Jessica walked around and joined me inside the car, “ And for your information, I’m a gentlewoman. I’m no guy.” I bit my tongue to stop myself from smiling, “mmhm.” She started the engine and we were off. I’m actually pretty excited to know where exactly she’s taking me.

 

“So you’re not going to blindfold me?”

 

“It’s your option. There’s one in front of you if you’d like to put it on.” I let out a sheepish smile, “Since I actually like surprises. I’ll be more than willing to comply.” I poked my tongue out and she giggled, “Just put it on.” I bit my lip and tied the blindfold around my head.

 

I was greeted by nothing but darkness. It kind of feels weird just sitting here blindfolded without knowing where the hell I’m heading off. I tapped my fingers on the armrest that was on the door.

 

“That’s getting annoying stupid.” I stopped and placed my hands on my lap, “Sorry.” I heard her let out a soft giggle, “Are you really that excited?” I nodded, “Hmm.. I’m thinking about giving you a hint.” I faced her even though I couldn’t see her, “Really?” There wasn’t a response from her, “Jessica?”

 

“On second thought, maybe not. It’s cute seeing you this excited.” I pouted, “That’s no fair. You can’t just say that and take back you word.” She laughed, “I just did.” I crossed my arms and let out a huff.

 

“Yah.” I felt a poke on my arm, but I stayed put. “Yah.” The car came to a halt and I felt her tap my thigh, “Okay. Fine. I’ll give you one hint.” My ears perked up when she said that, “I’m listening.”

 

“Air.”

 

“Air?”

 

“That’s your hint. Now you can’t complain that I didn’t give you one.” My brows furrowed. What the hell does air have to do with anything?

 

“There’s somewhere I’ve been wanting to take you.” My ears perked up, “I hope you like it.”

 

“I’m sure whatever it is I’ll love it Jessica.” I smiled and I felt a pat on my thigh.

 

“What if I took you out to like some ghetto alley and served you spaghetti and meatballs?”

 

“Like Lady and The Tramp?” I wouldn’t mind that. Some music and candles would set the mood very well. “Kind of but without the music and stuff that they make look all romantic.”

 

Not cool. “Are you seriously going to take me behind some dumpster and feed me leftover spaghetti from someone else’s food?” I heard a laugh, “You should see your facial expression.” I pouted, “I’m being serious here princess!”

 

“I’m not okay? You think too much sometimes.” I felt her fist greet my arm and I softly smiled, “You better not.”

 

“We’re here.” That was quick, “Already?” I took off my blindfold and looked around, “Where are we?” Jessica got out of the car and helped me get out, “I said I wanted to show you something right?” I nodded and she held out her hand, “Come. Walk with me.” She intertwined our hands and I followed her.

 

We walked down a pathway where many trees and bushes surrounded us. It was quite dark, but the moonlight illuminated the place beautifully. A small river could be heard from afar and it set the mood of the atmosphere perfectly, “I stumbled into this place some time back.”

 

“It gave me a sense of peace.”  Jessica swung our arms a bit and we came to an open area where little vegetation grew. “Wow.” I was amazed by the view of the city below us. Jessica leaned her head onto my shoulder, “Beautiful isn’t it?” I nodded, “Yeah… I didn’t know such a place existed.”

 

“Neither did I, but when I saw this I wanted to share this with someone. Someone who held a certain place in my heart.” I looked at her and she had her eyes focused onto the scene before us, “You know…”

 

“Just looking out there makes me feel so little. Of those millions of people, I’m one of them.  And when I think of the world, it makes me feel even smaller. It’s hard to think that within those millions of people, there are only a handful that you can fall in love with… but not for me…” Jessica looked at me, “Not when that one person is standing next to me.”

 

I smiled and squeezed her hand a bit, “When did you get all cheeky?” Jessica grinned, “You’d be surprised by what love can do to a person.” I let out an audible hum, “So I’ve heard.”  Jessica bit her lip and looked down onto our intertwined hands, “I ed up Amber… I know I did.”

 

“You don’t know how scared I was when you walked out that door. I-I thought I lost you over some pent up stupid mistake that I did. I feel so guilty… I feel like … and I feel like I honestly don’t deserve you because you’re too good for me.”

 

“Hey… you’re human you know that? Humans aren’t perfect. We have flaws and make mistakes on a daily basis. But I’m not going to lie, that did hurt.”

 

“And I’m so sorry.”

 

“I know you are. If you weren’t, then you wouldn’t have gone through the trouble of making me lunch or dinner. I wouldn’t have found all of those touching sticky notes that you’ve been leaving around for me. I mean like seriously? Having a nice hot coffee with a note from you saying some of the cheesiest things have made my mornings a hundred times better.”

 

Jessica giggled.

 

“I can tell by the way you glance at me during work with those longing eyes of yours. The way you walk behind me when we leave work and make sure I leave first so that you can have this sense of security that I’m not doing something stupid. Or how you send Soojung over to check up on me.”

 

“She-“

 

“Don’t try to talk yourself out of that one. She already told me why she visits on a daily basis. I know you miss me.”

 

Jessica let out a guilty smile.

 

“I can go on of the small things that you have done for me these past days princess. You’d have to be a blind person to not see how much you love me. Even more than… Taeyeon.”

 

“And I do….” Jessica let out a sigh, “I don’t know how to explain this… but… put it this way, if both you and Taeyeon were drowning and I could only save one person then I wouldn’t hesitate to save you.” Jessica’s words touched me, “I wouldn’t think twice about saving you stupid. Taeyeon, I admit that she shook me, but she’ll remain as my past and that’s all she’ll ever be. My past. I don’t see her in my present, or my future.” Our eyes met and my whole body felt like I was on cloud nine. “I don’t want to be with any other person if it’s not you stupid, and I’m scared.”

 

“I’ve never felt like this before for anyone. Not even Taeyeon has made me feel this way, so scared and yet so secure. “

 

I let go of Jessica’s hand and hugged her, “You make me feel the same way Princess. You make me forget about all of my worries, my doubts, and my fears.” Jessica wrapped her arms around my torso.

 

“Princess?” Jessica hummed in response, “I can’t stay mad at you. I love you too much to stay mad at you.” Jessica gave me a tight squeeze, “I don’t want to continue with this little cold war of mine. I missed you… a lot. “

 

Jessica pulled out of the hug, “I missed you too.” Her warm hands cupped my face, “You’re right. What I said to you was a cheap shot. Just because I was mad at Taeyeon, that didn’t mean that I could let out my pent up frustrations onto you. I’m sorry Amber. I shouldn’t have said that to you… So promise me one thing… “

 

“What is it?”

 

“I say anything stupid to you ever again. End it between the two of us.”

 

“What? No princess I-“

 

“Amber no. You have to end it between us. I… I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if I was to hurt you like that ever again. Don’t forgive me stupid…” Jessica had tears in her eyes, “Please don’t… just… just let me go.”

 

“… Well too bad because I’m not.”

 

“Amber-“

 

“People make mistakes princess. We tend to hurt the ones we love the most. If we’re going to keep this relationship stable then we have to acknowledge that we will hurt one another in some sort of way emotionally, but it’s up to us to decide if we want to let what we already have die or grow stronger… I want to grow stronger princess… I want to go over any hurdle that will get in our way.”

 

Tears stained Jessica’s cheeks and I wiped them away, “Can you help me make this relationship grow stronger?” Jessica bit her lip and slowly nodded.

 

“You’re too good to me stupid.”

 

I smiled, “I guess I really am stupid after all aren’t I? A stupid lovesick fool.”

 

We sealed the night with a kiss as the moonlight illuminated us with its daring white glow of purity like the kiss we shared.

 

---

 

I woke up to the smell of food and looked around me. Jessica was gone and our once scattered clothes that were on the floor were neatly folded. I smiled at the memory of last night.

 

My stomach grumbled and I shuffled over to where my clothes were.

 

I quickly washed up and stepped out of the room. “Good morning.” The scene of Jessica cooking greeted me, “Morning.” I walked behind Jessica and wrapped my arms behind her small

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter