Chapter 13

Moving On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I was driving to the kid’s school to go pick her up since the boss wanted to talk with Jessica about something. Jessica had told me to go pick up Soojung while she spoke with him. I'm actually curious to know what he wants with her, but I guess I'll have to wait until I go back to get Jessica.

 

I got out of the car and walked to Soojung's classroom. Once I stood around with all the other moms, I waited until the bell to rang for the kids to be dismissed. It feels kind of weird waiting for the kid here with out Jessica with me. The bell rang and I saw a lot of kids making their way out of the classroom. I kept an eye out for Soojung, but she wasn't coming out yet. That's weird. Minutes passed by and yet nothing. I'll be honest; I'm starting to get worried. So I stepped into the classroom to find Soojung and a boy helping their teacher clean up the table.

 

"Soojung." Soojung turned to see me and smiled, "Oppa! I'm helping." Her teacher looked at me and smiled. I knew what that smile meant and it made me feel a bit uneasy. " I'm sorry if I made you worry about your sister, she just wanted to help Kai with the mess they both made during arts and crafts." I looked at the kid who was arguing with Soojung over the fact that he will carry the heavier stuff and she can carry the light stuff, " Oh it's fine. As long as I know she's actually in here before hand, so that her sister won't kill me." She laughed and I noticed that she had a very pretty smile, " Oh how rude of me. I'm Suzy Bae. It's nice to meet you." She held out her hand and I took it in mine, "Amber Liu. It's nice to meet you too Ms. Bae."

 

Suzy let go and she softly touched my shoulder, " You can call me Suzy. I feel weird having others call me by my last name that aren't my students." I nodded my head and stuck my hands into my pockets, " You know.." I felt Suzy finally get her hand off of me, which I am grateful for, as I watched Kai and Soojung clean, " Soojung talks a lot about you." She does? " I hope that they’re good things." I smiled and Suzy let out a giggle as she softly patted my shoulder, " Oh don't worry they're all good things. Just the other day we had show and tell, and Soojung brought in a photo of both you and her." Yeah she told me. " Yeah? What did she say?" I know. I shouldn't act like I don’t know about show and tell, but I want to know what she said about me. " She said that you're a very caring handsome llama that likes to take care of her and her Unnie." I smiled, " Yup, that sounds about right." Suzy giggled, " She also said that your strong, funny, and as gentle as water." Water? Why would she compare me to water? " I know you must be wonder why she said that. I did too and I asked her why. She told me that you’re like the water because you make everyday feel like spring with her sister. That and water can help melt the ice. I asked her about the ice and she said that it's been cold lately and you helped melt the ice." I furrowed my brows a bit as I thought about what Suzy said about me.

 

I helped melt the ice? What does the kid mean about the ice, and it hasn’t even been that cold lately for it to be snowing outside.

 

“Aunty!” Kai’s voice rang throughout the room and both Suzy and I turned to see Kai hugging a woman. “Hey Kai! Are you ready to go home?” The woman looked familiar to me. I felt Soojung stand next to me and she tugged on my pants, “Oppa, can we go already?” I looked down to see Soojung, “Are you done helping Kai clean already?” Soojung nodded and I smiled, “Alright let me say bye to your teacher and then we’ll leave.” Soojung nodded.

 

“I guess we’ll be heading out already. Thanks for everything. It was nice meeting you Suzy.” I smiled politely to Suzy, “Oh don’t, it’s my job and it was nice meeting you too. I hope we’ll meet again soon.” Suzy waved and I returned the favor. We stepped out and Kai went up to Soojung, “Shoojung!” Soojung looked at him while she held my hand, “Yes Kai?” Kai looked at his feet acting all shy before he can finally muster up the courage to look at Soojung, “Thanksh for helping me.” I saw Soojung smile at the kid, “You’re welcome Kai.”

 

“Well isn’t that just adorable.” I heard a familiar voice and I looked up to see someone who I didn’t think we would run into again, “Hi sunny.” Sunny smiled and greeted me, “It’s nice to see you too again Amber.” I returned a polite smile, “Is Kai your nephew?” Sunny nodded, “My sister couldn’t pick him up today, so she called me. Jessica isn’t with you?” I shook my head, “No, the boss wanted to speak with her and she told me to come and pick up Soojung.” Sunny giggled, “ I guess we’re both the errand girls.” I laughed along with Sunny, “ I don’t mind though. I like the kid.” Sunny nodded, “Yeah me either. I love this little cutie pie!” Sunny pinched Kai’s cheeks, “Aunty!” The kid whined and I couldn’t help but stifle a laugh, “That’s cute.” Sunny giggled.

 

“Oh I was wondering if the three of you would like to come to Kai’s older brother’s birthday party. Kai here won’t have anyone to play with and seeing that he likes to play with Soojung, I just thought that it’d be a good idea to invite the three of you.” Oh wow… I didn’t see that coming um, “I uh… I’ll have to ask Jessica. When is the birthday party?” Sunny smiled, “This Sunday. I know it’s kind of a late notice, but I hope you guys can make it. Here, “ Sunny stretched out her hand “ give me your phone so that I can put my phone number in.” I took out my phone and unlocked it so that Sunny could put her contact information. I heard another phone go off and I assumed that Sunny called herself so that she can have my number. “Here you go.” I took my phone from Sunny, “Thanks Sunny. I’ll give you a call once I tell Jessica.” I’m going to be honest, I’m not a big fan of kid’s birthday parties because it only involves screaming, crying, and headaches, but if Jessica says yes then I’ll go because it’s for her. “Well I guess I’ll see you at the party or maybe some other time?” I smiled, “Yeah, I’ll see you later. Bye.” Sunny waved and I returned the favor.

 

Soojung and I walked to the car, and I helped her get onto her booster seat. “Oppa can we go to the party?” I stopped what I was doing and looked at her for a second before I continued to secure her, “I don’t know Soojung. We’ll have to ask your sister first. Okay?” Soojung nodded and I patted her head, “Good girl. Now let’s go get your Unnie before she starts wondering where we are.” I closed the passenger door and got into the car. I drove back to the company and Soojung was a little quieter than the usual. I saw Jessica playing on her phone as she sat on one of the benches that were outside of the company. Even without trying she looks so damn beautiful. Jessica stood up and got in the car when I parked right next to her, “What took you so long?”

 

“Oppa was talking to girls.” My eyes almost bulged out of my eyes and Jessica looked at me, though I think it’s more of a glare, “Girls?” And there goes that threatening voice, “Her teacher and Sunny. You remember Sunny right? The one that’s married.”  Jessica looked at me for a moment and then nodded, “What did you talk to her about?” I put the car into drive and drove off, “ She invited us to her nephew’s older brother’s party since Soojung plays with him.” I pointed to the kid, “Can we go unnie?” Soojung asked and Jessica looked at her sister before she turned to me, “When’s the party?” I glanced at Jessica before I glued my eyes back on the road, “Sunday.” Jessica leaned back in her seat and let out a sigh, “Fine, we’ll go to your friend's older brother’s party.” The kid was quick to let out a “Yay!”

 

“So what did you talk about with Ms. Bae?” Jessica asked and before I could tell her, the kid spoke up first, “Oppa was flirting.”  How the hell does the kid know what flirting means? “Flirting?” Jessica looked at my with an eyebrow cocked up, “I was not!” In my defense she was getting a little too comfortable. “And she was getting a little too close to Kai for my liking.” I pointed back to the kid. Jessica is a little iffy about boys getting to close to Soojung and Soojung knows it, “I was helping!” Soojung screamed from the back, “I don’t want to hear another word from either of you until we get home.” The car ride to home was silent. The minutes that I spent driving felt like seconds, and I didn’t like it one bit.

 

“What did Oppa mean by you were getting to close to Kai Soojung?” Jessica had us sitting on the couch next to each other in her living room. Did I ever say that I don’t like to be lectured, because I don’t? “We had arts and crafts today and Kai and I made a mess, so I helped clean.” Soojung explained everything to Jessica from when she was cleaning with Kai to when we said goodbye to Sunny. Jessica let out a sigh and nodded, “Fine, I’ll let you off the hook, but you know already that you shouldn’t-“

 

“Kiss boys until I’m old enough. I know unnie. Kai’s a friend.” I observed the two as they had their weird conversation. It feels like Soojung is a thirteen or twelve year old that is being scolded by her mother. Yup, totally weird. Jessica let out a sigh once again, “You can go to your room now Soojung. I need to talk with your Oppa.” I froze in my spot as she finished the last sentence. I turned to see the kid walk to her room and she poked her tongue out at me when Jessica wasn’t looking. Oh I see how it is. Two can play at that game.

 

“Care to explain?” Jessica sat down next to me, “Explain what?” I feigned innocence, “Stop avoiding the question stupid and explain to me what Soojung meant by flirting. I know my sister knows the difference between chatting and flirting.” The kid knows? “Well in my defense, I didn’t flirt. She did.” I rather just come clean with her and get this over with, “Ms. Bae flirted with you and not the other way around?” I nodded, “I wouldn’t flirt with Su-Ms. Bae even if I wanted to.” Jessica furrowed her brows at me, “You were about to say her first name. I thought you said that you-“

 

“And I didn’t. She insisted that I call her by her first name because she said that she felt weird about it. And all we talked about was about Soojung and what she presented for show and tell. I swear Jessica I didn’t flirt with her in anyway. She was the one who was getting a little too comfortable around me and I didn’t want to be rude.” I held my gaze with Jessica for what seemed a pretty long time. Jessica let out a sigh and rested her head on my shoulder, “I believe you.” I heard Jessica mumble and I intertwined our hands, “I like you Jessica and I wouldn’t do anything to endanger what we already have.” Jessica lifted her head off my shoulder to face me, “ I know, I like you too and I’m sorry for doing this to you, but I just get a bit insecure at times because…” Jessica stayed quite and I know she’s struggling on the inside with something. I squeezed her hand a bit to reassure her and kissed her forehead, “You should go and get Soojung ready so that we can drop her off with Tiff. I have a surprise for you later on this evening. So doll up as much as you want.” I smiled and Jessica returned the favor. “Okay fine. You should get going then. I don’t want to see you in your work clothes when we do g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter