Chapter 17

Moving On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I woke up the next day with a major headache. I took a look at my cell phone and it was 4:38 in the morning. God, I still feel buzzed from the alcohol that’s still in my system. I sat up on my bed and tried to remember everything that happened the other night.

 

*Flashback*

 

“Another shot please.” I slammed the shot that I just drank onto the counter, “In fact, just give me the whole damn bottle.”

 

“Don’t you think you should slow down a bit?” I heard a familiar voice and I turned to see who it was. Of all the people I have to meet at the bar it just had to be her, “What are you doing here?” She shrugged and sat down next to me, “I need to clear my head with a drink. Just like you I guess.”

 

“Look, I don’t want to sound rude or anything, but I really just want to be alone.” She laughed, “You had a fight with Jessica right?” I let a sigh; “I’m going to take that as a yes…Excuse me, can I have a glass too please?” The bartender gave it to her and she poured herself and I a shot. “A toast to ed up moments.” I lifted my shot and toasted with her. I then took my shot in one go.

 

“Ahh! I forgot how much this stings when it goes down your throat.” I let out a chuckle, “We fought because of you.”

 

She looked at me; “I don’t blame her if she’s upset. I pretty much left her like a dog out on the streets. Soojung’s right. I am a and what I did to Jessica was a y move.” She poured us another round, “I’m pretty sure she hates my guts right about now and I seriously don’t blame her. I’ll be honest with you, I was shaken by her appearance.”

 

I let out a snort, “Yeah I know. It was quite obvious that you both were.” I then held my shot up and we clinked our glasses. I took mine in one go and she took her time drink hers.

 

“How the are you able to take this in one go? This crap ing stings!” She slammed her shot down onto the counter and I laughed at her. “Woman up! Stop being such a girl.” She glared at me, “You got me good. I can’t come up with a good comeback because I’m no girl.” I just smirked and poured us another round, “Come on, let’s take another round.” She nodded and this time we both took our shots in one go. “ you and your amazingness to help me forget .” I laughed, “Amazingness isn’t even a word.”

 

“Well you, it’s now declared as a ing word.” I poured us another round, “Who made you a lexicographer?” We both drank at the same time.

 

“I ing did. So everything I say goes.” I laughed once more and she laughed along with me, “You laugh like an ahjumma!” I pointed at her as I said through my laughs, “And you look like a llama!”

 

“I’ve been told I’m a very handsome llama.” I pointed at myself and she let out a snort, “Who ever said that must have been high.” She laughed, “Are you saying that the kid takes drugs at this age.”

 

“Ah that, that kid always says the truth.” I laughed and shook my head, “Nuh Uh… no she doesn’t. Y-You want to know something? Before I even got together with Jessica, my roommate Yuri was into her and she was dating her. Anyways, the kid didn’t like her and I convinced her to be nice to her and she lied to Yuri like half of the time. I felt bad about it at first, but I mean she deserved it after she asked me to help her.” We took another shot.

 

“No ing way. How’d you convince her?”

 

“Chocolate.” I bluntly said, “What the hell. Why didn’t I think about that?”

 

“Because your stupid.” She turned to look at me, “Look who’s ing talking.”

 

I poured us another round, “That’s what Jessica calls me.” She gawked, “Your ing kidding me.” I shook my head, “It’s an endearment she likes to call me, and I call her princess or ahjumma.” We downed another set of shots.

 

“She let’s you call her ahjumma?” She asked and I snorted as I poured us another round, “ no. She gets mad at me, but I can tell that she secretly like it… Wait what am I doing? I’m supposed to be upset with her. Stupid heart.” I poked my chest. “Anyways, a toast because I feel like having a ing toast!” She laughed and we clinked our glasses once more.

 

“… we’re drunk.”

 

“Ahh… my ing throat.” I saw her slam her shot, “It’s because you’re a .” I said and she screamed at me, “Yah! I ing am one because I own one. You, on the other hand, can be questioned about yours.” I held one finger up, “I’ll ing prove it to you.” I felt her get a hold of my hands, “What are you thinking? Are you seriously thinking about stripping in here?”

 

“If that’s what it takes then yes.” She slapped me across the head, “Stop being ing stupid.” I glared at her, “I’ll strip if I want to and all these people can see that I own one.”

 

“Yah! Okay! Geez I believe you! Now stop trying to strip.” I stopped and shrugged my shoulders, “Your loss.” I pulled up my shirt a bit, “You’re just missing out on this amazing body, “She let out a snort, “Please, I’ve seen and ed better.”

 

We took another two rounds in one go and the alcohol really was kicking in.

 

“W-why’d you guys fight anyways.” She muttered, “It’s your fault.”

 

“My fault? How the is it my fault?” She pointed at herself, “You confused her. S-She needs to get her priorities straight because I know mine.”

 

“Tell me what happened.” I explained to her what had happened when Jessica and I got home and what exactly we argued about, “. Talk about a low blow.”

 

“ing damn right that was a low blow.” I poured us another round of shots and drank mine without even caring how I’ll feel the next morning, “Yah!” I heard her say and I slammed my shot done, “What?” I looked at her, “I know she ed up. Like seriously she ed up, but don’t be too harsh on her. People will say stupid when they’re angry or upset.” I nodded, “Yeah, but she said the truth.”

 

“I’m sorry llama.” I felt her place her hand on my shoulder, “About what?” I looked at her, “Your girlfriend. She must have been one hell of a woman.” I nodded, “She was and I ing loved her so much.”

 

“What about Jesshica?” I looked up to the sealing and let out a sigh, “I-I ing love her too, but I’m just upset with her at the moment. I just… I just can’t believe she would bring my dead ex into the conversation just like that. I guess that’s what hurts the most is that she knew a bit about her and my history with her, and yet she used that against me.”

 

I felt her pat my back, “I’m pretty s-sure she feels like crap right now. Knowing her, she must be balling her eyes out.”

 

What she said made me feel kind of queasy, but she needs to reflect on what she did wrong. “Yah. I’m kind of mad at you too.”

 

“What me?” She pointed at herself, “Yeah you. You two were pretty much ing each other through your eyes at first.” She laughed, “I know right?” I glared at her. I would have hit her, but it would look bad since I kind of look like a guy. “Yah.”

 

“Shee this?” She held up her hand and showed me her marriage ring, “This right here says I’m committed, and that I only have one person who dominates my heart.”

 

“That’s true.”

 

“Jesshica… I may have loved her and she may have shaken my heart up a bit, but she’s my past. Shunny is my present and my future. I ing want to grow old and wrinkly with her.”

 

“You're so drunk. You know that?”

 

She shook her head, “Na… just buzzed. Really buzzed.” She then poured us the last round from the bottle, “Let’s go for another round.” I took my glass and we toasted. “Mister. Excushe me mister! Can we get another bottle?”

 

“Are you ing crazy?”

 

“Yesh, now shut the up and drink with me.” The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter