Chapter 12

Moving On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It’s been weeks since I held Jessica in a fragile state. She hasn’t really said much about her parent’s, and I haven’t bothered to push on the subject. I’ll just wait until she’s comfortable enough to open up again about her past.

 

I’ve gone on dates with Jessica whenever we can. We spent our first date at a restaurant I was able to reserve some seats for us because Sooyoung is friends with the owner of the restaurant. Jessica was surprised when I took her and she told me that she had wanted to go to that restaurant, so I was happy that I had asked Sooyoung for some advice on where I should take her out for our first date.

 

Of course, after the first few dates of getting to know each other a bit more, we ended up taking the kid out with us whenever we would go out together. The kid was actually very enthusiastic about coming with us out on our dates because she was able to get away with things she normally can’t when she’s not with me. Jessica told me that I’m spoiling her younger sister too much, but I mean can you blame me? She’s freaking adorable and she knows very well that I can’t resist the kids pouting.

 

I got to know about Jessica a bit more on our dates. Like how we actually went to the same academy even though we never ran into each other then again she was on her last year while I on my first year, or how she’s not that ‘athletic’ even though she was on the girls’ soccer varsity team back when she was still in high school.  I actually a bit about her not being that ‘athletic’ and every time I would either get a punch to the arm or her very high dolphin scream, but what can I say? I like teasing her because she tends to pout cutely each time.

 

We actually have the most random conversations ever. Like this one time we were up talking to each other on the phone until three in the morning about penguins even though we were like right next door to each other. Honestly, who the hell talks about penguins until three in the morning?

 

Of course, I still eat at her apartment for dinner, and Yuri joins us every once in awhile. Funny thing, Yuri is actually dating Yoona now. Shocker much isn’t it? There have been many times where I want to ask Jessica what they spoke about that night, but I think I already know the answer to it. Rejection. Yuri and I haven’t talked about it much. To tell you the truth… it’s kind of awkward. I mean I kind of did say that I wasn’t interested in her and yet we’re dating.

 

I noticed that I haven’t been getting nightmares on a regular basis. The only times when I don’t get them is when I’m able to nap with Jessica. She brings some type of comfort to me while I sleep and I think she has noticed it too. I feel more energized when I’m able to get those naps with her. Of course, I don’t sleep with her at nights. We aren’t even in a relationship yet, so I don’t want her to get uncomfortable. That night when I did get to sleep with her was because she had asked me too. I’m not going to push her into something she might not want to do. So I have to it up sometimes and just work with those naps I’m able to get from time to time.

 

“Hey!” Yuri snapped her fingers in front of my face, “Huh?” I blinked a few times to refocus myself on her, “Geez, I think Jessica’s rubbing off on you because you’ve been spacing out lately.” I scoffed at Yuri’s statement, “ What did you want?” Yuri smirked and shrugged, “Nothing much just wanted to interrupt your train of thought.” I glared at Yuri and shook my head before I resumed to eat my breakfast, “I’m just kidding. I was actually asking if you’ve already dropped the G-bomb?” I looked at Yuri with a puzzled look. What the hell is the G-bomb? Yuri rolled her eyes, “Seriously? The girlfriend bomb Am. You know like asking her to be yours for once and for all.” I ignored Yuri and shook my head, “ I’m planning to ask soon. Why?” Yuri sighed, “Tell me why I knew you’d be slow on asking her to be your girlfriend…” I mentally rolled my eyes, “ I like to get to know the person I like rather than to rush things okay? Now tell me, why are you asking?” Yuri smiled, “My girlfriend wants to go on a double date with you two, but I mean you still haven’t even asked her out yet so I think we’ll just have to postpone it.” Wait. What? “You asked Yoona already? When?” Yuri propped her elbow on the table and leaned her head on her hand, “About a week and a half ago. Unlike you, I actually know what I want.” I furrowed my brows, “You better not be-“

 

“I’m not and never will with her.” Yuri didn’t let me finish my sentence because she quickly interrupted it, “Just saying. Yoona’s hard working and a friend of mine.” I saw as Yuri’s gaze softened, “ I know.” I have a feeling that Yuri has had a deep conversation with Yoona. I leaned a bit over the table and patted hand, “ Congrats Yul. I hope the best for the two of you.” Yuri looked at me and let out a small smile, “Thanks Am. You too. I hope the best for you two.” Yeah… me too. “And about that double date.” I let out a groan, “Come on! Yoona seemed genuinely excited about it. Please~” I scrunched my face in disgust as I pushed Yuri’s face away from me, “Okay! Just stop with the horrid begging. My eyes will go blind sooner than I expect them to, and it’ll all be because of you.” Yuri stopped and hugged me, “Thanks Am! Just let me know when you finally have the balls to ask her to be your girlfriend and we’ll arrange a date.” I pat Yuri’s shoulder, “Yes. Now let go of me. You’re suffocating me.”

 

Yuri let go and smiled brightly, “Oh and by the way, don’t you dare make Sica sad ever again. Understood?” I let out a sigh, “Please don’t give me a lecture about it. Tiffany and Sooyoung already did once they were able to get a hold of me when Jessica wasn’t around. I’ve already heard enough from those two, so I don’t need you butting in too.” Yuri sighed, “Fine. I won’t, but I’m serious Am. When you were gone for like a week, she seemed so down about it almost as if…” Yuri didn’t finish her sentence, “As if?” Yuri looked at me, “As if it’s happened before.” I let out a sigh and leaned back onto my chair.

 

Her dad.

 

That’s’ right… he never came back. Did Jessica really think that I would leave her like her dad would? If so, I ed up. Man I feel like such a jerk right now. “Why? Has someone left Sica before?” I looked up to meet Yuri’s worried eyes.

 

Crap. Did I say that out loud?

 

“I uh… I’m sorry Yuri, but I’m not in the position to be telling you anything.” Yuri nodded and she leaned back, “That’s true… Do me a favor would ya Am?” What could she want from me this time? “What is it?” Yuri let out a small smile, “Take care of her.” I looked into Yuri’s sincere eyes. I have a feeling that Yuri still loves Jessica, but it’s not the same anymore. Her actions and eyes just don’t have that spark that it used to have back when she first met her. “You don’t have to tell me twice.” Yuri smiled and I returned the favor. So maybe our future friendship won’t be as awkward as I thought it would be.

 

A knock on the door interrupted our conversation and I know who it is, “Well I better get going now. Bye Yul.” I patted her shoulder before I left to go open the door, “Hey.” I said once Jessica came into view, “Morning.” Jessica replied back and I felt Soojung hug my legs, “I see someone’s ex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter