Chapter 19

Moving On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Days have passed since Jessica and I had our first real fight. Jessica would occasionally do small things for me, and I’ll be honest, I like it. For example, she tends to leave small post-it notes almost everywhere I go. The other day she managed to get one in my car with a coffee in the cup holder.

 

I remember when I asked you to carpool with me for the first time, I was so nervous to actually ask you. I was so scared that you would reject my proposition and I swear when you said yes, I felt my world turn a bit brighter. I made your coffee bitter just like you like it.

 

P.s. I still think bitter coffee is for bitter people.

 

-Love you <3

 

I remember going to work that day with the widest smile on my lips. She was doing it, she was getting into my perimeters bit by bit again and I was kind of scared. Scared to think that she’s able to shatter them into millions of pieces and leave me defenseless, but I think I’ll just have to take that chance.

 

“Hey.” I looked up from my work and I saw Jessica. “I um… I was wondering if you’d be free this Friday.” I inwardly smiled, “I don’t know… I’d have to check my schedule.” Jessica’s facial expression faltered a bit, “Oh… um ok.” She slowly walked away to her desk and I smiled. I can’t believe this is the same woman that had told me to keep a blank face because I showed too much emotion through it, and now look at her sulking in her seat. I can totally tell that she’s kind of disappointed, “Hey.” Jessica looked up to meet my eyes, “I’m free.” She smiled brightly like a kid who had just received their first bike. “Be ready by 7, I’ll drop by your apartment by then.” I smiled and nodded.

 

Jessica and I don’t carpool anymore. We take our own cars to and from work. The kid was sad that I wasn’t picking her up from school so often and I had to promise her that this was only temporary while her unnie and I fixed some problems. The kid surprisingly understood and she said she’d hold me to that promise. Suzy, Soojung’s teacher, must have taken a notice that Jessica and I weren’t on our best terms at the moment and she was taking advantage of it. Every time I would pick up the kid from school, she’d be there to greet me and she’d try to make conversation. I’m not going to lie, it was nice talking with her, but the kid didn’t like it one bit. Every time we’d talk she’d pull me by the arm saying that she wanted to go home. I just smiled every time and bid goodbye to Suzy.

 

A knock on the door pulled me out of trance, and I stood up to go open the door. “Oppa!” The kid literally jumped into me and I stumbled back a bit, “You’re getting heavier each day Soojung.” The kid let go and she pouted, “Am not.” I smiled and bent down to her height, “Oppa’s just kidding.” The kid smiled bashfully, “Unnie said that dinner’s ready.” I smiled and nodded, “Let Oppa change first okay?” the kid nodded and she stepped inside my apartment. I changed the channel to some cartoons for the kid and left her on the couch.

 

Once I was done, I sneaked up on the kid, and I covered her eyes. “Guess who?” I felt the kid smile as she patted my hands, “Oppa let go already.” I chuckled and let her go, “Let’s go?” I asked and the kid nodded, “Up up.” I smiled and picked her up into my arms, “Aren’t you getting a bit old for me to be carrying you Soojung?” I asked and the kid shook her head. I just laughed and I turned off the television.

 

I put the kid down once we entered Jessica’s apartment. Loud laughing could be heard from the kitchen and I was curious to know who was with Jessica in the kitchen. I felt the kid grab a hold of my hand and we walked to the kitchen, “Hey Am.” Yuri was the first to greet me, and the other two looked at me, “It’s nice to see you again Amber.” Yoona greeted me and I returned the favor, “It’s nice to see you too Yoona.”

 

“Dinner’s ready, you can sit down with the others while I serve.” I turned to Jessica when she addressed me and I nodded. I sat the kid on her chair before I could walk away to mine and the kid was quick to play around with Yoona. The two got along so well, it made me wonder if I had competition against Yoona for Soojung’s attention. I felt a slight tap on my knee and I turned to look at Yuri. She just smiled and I slightly smiled back, “How’s work Am? Yoona’s been telling me that you guys have been doing a great job.” I nodded, “We should be wrapping everything up by tomorrow. The rest will be taken care of once we animate with some other team members.” Yuri nodded, “What’s the movie about?” Yuri asked and I sheepishly smiled, “Sorry can’t tell.” Yuri pouted and then turned to Yoona who just shrugged, “Company’s rules.” Yuri just let out a sigh and leaned back onto her chair, “I see how it is.”

 

I softly laughed and a plate was settled in front of me, “It’s nothing personal Yul, but we really can’t tell you because of certain reasons.” Jessica said as she sat down and Yuri waved her off, “It’s fine. I understand.” I rolled my eyes at her, “If you understand then stop acting like such a child.” Yuri slapped my arm, “Yah! I am so not a child!” I elbowed her and Yuri was about to retaliate, but Yoona’s voice made her stop, “ Stop it Yuri.” Yuri just glanced at Yoona, “Sorry.” I inwardly laughed and made a whipping sound towards Yuri. Yuri just glared at me and started to eat.

 

“Oppa that’s not nice.” I looked at Soojung and she gave me a disapproval look, “I’m just playing Soojung. I love your Yuri unnie.” I patted Yuri’s shoulder and Soojung shook her head while she crossed her arms. Is she serious? I looked over to Jessica and she just shrugged. I could tell she was trying hard not to let out a smile.

 

Great. Just great.

 

I let out a sigh and looked at Yuri, “I’m sorry for making fun of you.” I seriously can’t believe I’m going scolded by a kid. Like seriously, a kid. Yuri accepted my apology with a smirk on her face. Everyone at the table then made a whipping sound at me and I glared at them. “Soojung~” I looked at the kid and she giggled, “It’s funny Oppa.”

 

The rest of the dinner went by smoothly, and Yuri and I were able to play with the kid while Jessica and Yoona cleaned the kitchen. “Oppa. My show is on.” I looked at the kid and then at the television, “Is your show more important than your Oppa?” I asked and the kid nodded. The kid walked away to the couch and my jaw dropped.

 

Did she just ditch me for a stupid show?

 

I heard snickering coming from Yuri and I punched her, earning a whine from Yuri “Wae!” I glared at her and she smirked, “What’s wrong Oppa? Got ditched for a show?” I grabbed Yuri by the arm and flipped her over so that she was face flat on the ground. “What’s that? I couldn’t hear you?”

 

“Get off her stupid.” I heard Jessica’s voice and I got off of her. Yuri just smiled and shook her head, “You're lucky she’s here or else I would have whooped your .” Just as I was about to get a hold of Yuri, Jessica got in between. “Didn’t you hear me the first time?”

 

Damn her. I’ll get her once we get home.

 

“You too Yuri. I don’t want to hear another word from you.” Yoona came into the picture and Yuri just had her head down. Soojung called me over and I sat down next to her on the couch. I heard Yoona and Jessica walk back to the kitchen, and Yuri sat down next to me.

 

As we watched the kid’s stupid show, I felt Yuri tap my leg with hers. “Leave me alone.” I muttered as I continued to watch the show, “I’m not touching you.” I rolled my eyes and shook my head. Seconds later I felt her lean her leg onto me again, “You’re touching me… You’re touching me!” I pointed at her leg and she looked down, “I’m not touching you.” I looked down and she didn’t have her knee near me. Just when I was about to look away she leaned her knee onto me once more, “Ah you’re touching me!” Yuri looked at our legs once more, “Not touching.” Jessica and Yoona came into the living room once more, “Touching me!” I pointed down onto our now untouched knees, “It’s called free air.”

 

That little…. Oh hell no, she’s not going to make me look like an idiot.

 

I tackled Yuri and we ended up landing on the floor with me on top of her, “Your dead.” Yuri growled and she flipped us. My back hit the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter