Chapter 16

Moving On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I woke up the next morning kind of sore and I didn’t want to get out of bed just yet, but I had to get ready for the kid’s party I’m going to. I had to literally drag my out of bed and into the bathroom to get my usual morning routine going.

 

When I stepped out of the bathroom and into the kitchen, Yuri greeted me, “Morning llama. I see someone looks dead tired.” I let out a groan and sat down at the table, “Don’t remind me and I still have a kid’s party to attend. I’m so not looking forward to that party.” I heard Yuri laugh softly and she placed breakfast in front of me, “Is it one of Soojung’s friends?” Yuri sat down next to me and I began to eat, “It’s her friend’s older brothers party. His aunt personally invited us.” Yuri let out a hum, “Well good luck with all of the screaming kids. Trust me, you’ll need it.” I glared at Yuri, “How would you know how it feels?” I asked Yuri, “Yoona’s niece had a party the other weekend. It was nice as long as the kids didn’t scream at each other and cry.” I let out a sigh and sunk in my seat, “Hopefully it isn’t that bad.”

 

“So how was it?” Yuri asked and I sat up, “She’s my girlfriend.” Yuri looked at me, “You’re kidding me! Congrats Am. You finally had the balls to actually ask her out. Now we can go out on that double date I talked to you about.” Yuri wouldn’t shut up throughout breakfast and I had to tell her exactly what we did throughout our stay over at the beach house and at the yacht, “Wow Am I didn’t you would go for home plate all in what? Two days? Seriously you made Jessica your girlfriend and even got in bed with her.” I honestly sometimes feel like slapping Yuri across the head, “On another matter, you should totally invite us on the yacht some time we all go to the beach house.” Take everyone to the beach house? “Define we?” Yuri took a drink of her coffee before she was able to reply to my question, “Yoona and I. Sooyoung, Tiffany, Jessica. You know our closest friends.” That actually isn’t a bad idea, “I’ll think about it.” It didn’t take long until Yuri and I finished breakfast, and I helped her clean the mess.

 

I took a shower and got ready for the party I was going to attend before I stepped out of my apartment and to Jessica’s. I knocked on the door and Soojung opened the door, “Oppa!” The kid literally jumped on me and I caught her, “Hey Soojung. Did you miss me?” I picked the kid up into my arms and she nodded, “Did you have fun with your Unnie’s?” The kid was quick to nod once more, “Sooyoung unnie made a cake and Tiffany unnie rubbed cake on her. It was messy, but I had fun.” Knowing Sooyoung, I’m sure she did something to provoke Tiff to rub cake on her. ”That does sound like a lot of fun.” I closed the door behind me and walked into the living room, “Want to know a secret Soojung?” The kid looked at me with these wide innocent eyes. “What is it Oppa?” I smiled and leaned in close to her ear, “Your unnie is my girlfriend.” The kid’s eyes widened and she smiled, “Yay for Oppa!” Soojung was clapping and I chuckled at the cute sight. “Are you happy that I’m your sister’s girlfriend Soojung?” The kid nodded, “Yes. Now you have to marry her and you can give me a friend to play with.” My eyes nearly bulged out of my sockets when Soojung had mentioned about having a kid with Jessica, “I- I don’t think that will be possible Soojung. We won’t be able to give you a little friend anytime soon.” The kid cocked her head to the side in a cute manner, “Why?”

 

“I’ll explain it to you when you’re older Soojung.” The kid let out a whine and I put her down, “I’m sorry Soojung, but there are just some things that you can only know once you’re a grown up.” The kid slightly nodded and I patted her head, “Is your unnie still getting ready?” The kid nodded, “Unnie is showering.” I looked to Jessica’s door and I sat the kid on the couch, “Watch some cartoons for a while Soojung. Okay?” The kid nodded and I patted her head once more before I left.

 

I walked into Jessica’s room and I heard the shower still running. Jessica must still be in the shower. I laid my back on the bed and closed my eyes. I’ll just rest my eyes for five minutes.

 

I slowly opened my eyes when I felt a hand rake its fingers through my hair, “Hey beautiful.” A half Jessica with her hair wrapped in a towel greeted me when I opened them, “Are you still tired?” Jessica kept playing with my hair, “A bit, but I can handle. How about you?” Jessica kissed my temple, “I’m a bit sore.” I smiled and pulled her down for a kiss, “I know how to make it better.” Jessica smiled and slapped me, “Soojung is in the living room stupid. You know that I’m not quiet.” I chuckled and sat up, “I’ll let you get ready, so that you can make yourself even more beautiful than you already are.” Jessica giggled and playfully slapped my arm, “Then get out stupid.” I laughed and got off the bed, “Yes ahjumma.” I quickly walked out of the room before Jessica could hit me, “Yah!”

 

“Oppa.” Soojung called me and I sat next to her, “What is it Soojung?” The kid then got up and covered her eyes, “You can’t see me!” I chuckled at the sight and decided to go along with the kid, “Oh. Where did Soojung go? She was here just a minute ago.” The kid then jumped up, “Here I am!” The kid giggled and I laughed along with her, “Yah! I was looking for you. Don’t disappear like that again you little mango eating monster.” I then started to tickle her sides and the kid busted out on a fit of giggles, “Oppa~ No!” I stopped and laughed along with the kid.

 

“I got your nose Soojung.” The kid looked at my hand and her eyes widened, “No my nose!” The kid quickly touched her nose and then glared at me. I softly laughed, “That’s not funny Oppa.” The kid pouted and I kissed her nose, “I’m sorry Soojung.” The kid smiled and then grabbed my nose, “I got your nose!” I acted as if she really had my nose, “No my nose. Where did it go?” The kid giggled and tapped my nose, “Silly Oppa, it’s right here.” I chuckled, and Soojung and I played for the next few minutes as we waited for Jessica to step out of her room.

 

“Let’s get going already you two.” Jessica, who was leaning on the wall near the hallway, was giggling. “Finally!” Soojung screamed out and I laughed. I then picked the kid up into my arms, “Let’s.” Jessica made sure she had everything with her before we left to my car and I drove to the address Sunny had texted me.

 

It didn’t take long for us to arrive and I parked the car between two others. I then got out of the car and got Soojung out of her booster seat, “Are you excited Soojung?” The kid nodded and took a hold of my hand. Jessica then joined us and I interlaced our hands after I locked the car. We walked to the house and I could feel butterflies form at the pit of my stomach. I was nervous; in fact, I usually get nervous when I have to go to these types of things, “Hopefully it isn’t too awkward.” Jessica said and I nodded ” It’s always awkward when someone goes to a party of someone they aren’t acquainted to” We walked up the stairs to the house and I let Soojung knock on the door. I was amazed at how hard she knocked for a kid because kids tend to barely tap the door. Then again Soojung isn’t just any kid.

 

It didn’t take long until the door opened and the music that was being play invaded my ears. “Hi, you must be Amber and Jessica. Am I right?” The blond haired woman said and I nodded, “In that case, welcome to the party. I’m Hyoyeon. I’m glad you three could make it to Suho’s party.” We had exchanged our greetings and Jessica was able to chat up with Hyoyeon as she let us in and guided us to the back of the house where the party was. She then called for Suho and Kai, and the kids came running to us. “Hi Shoojung.” Kai said and I put Soojung down, “Hi Kai.” Kai looked shyly at his shoes before he could look back up at Soojung. God this kid totally likes her. “Wanna go play?” Soojung nodded and Kai grabbed her hand.

 

The kids left and I looked at Jessica. I inwardly smiled because I knew it irked her that Kai took a hold of her sister’s hand. “You must be Suho right?” The kid Suho was still standing before us and I could tell that he looked a bit older than Kai, “Yes ma’am.” At least the kid had manners, “Here you go. Happy birthday.” Jessica gave him his present and the kid smiled brightly because of the size of it. I’m pretty sure the kid must be thinking that the bigger the present the better it must be. The kid better be thankful because I was the one that bought it. “Thank you ma’am” Jessica caressed his cheek, “Just call me Jessica Noona. This is my girlfriend Amber.” The kid looked at me and then gave me the most confused look, “Can I call you hyung?” I laughed and ruffled his hair, “Of course Suho.” The kid smiled at me, and he then excused himself.

 

“I’m sorry about my son.” I waved Hyoyeon off, “Oh don’t be sorry. I’m fine with it actually. Soojung likes to call me Oppa. I’m quite used to it already.” Hyoyeon nodded, “Very

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter